main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Deep Into a Darkness Peering - ROTS AU, Updated 12/19 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s_skywalker

s_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    :D great story!!!!!!!!

2. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    So, are you going to get rid of Padme? [face_praying] Then he'll need comforting, right? o_O I'm here, Anakin. And look at my name! I can be yours! :cool:

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    sethsky Thank you for reading! And you can see if you had cause to worry now... [face_devil]

jedi_master326 But will I let her live? [face_thinking]

sithrules70 Thank you! I hope you like the rest of the story.

RogueSquadronFlygirl Yeah, I like Bail, too! ;)

Kynstar Thanlk you for finding your way here again. But no worries, the story will be here when you have the time!

AP4EVER Yep, disaster doesn't EVEN begin to cover it. [face_worried]

Erin_21 Sorry you were bored, but hopefully this next chapter will be a little more exciting. And I love dark chocolate, too! [face_love]

ANAKINSBABY Tease? Me? O:) Never!

Koori It will take him a while, he's got to help get the Republic back in order. And I think maybe he knows that Anakin needs to sort through some things first.

Shadowolf Thank you! I'm so glad you're enjoying this.

kateydidnt Yep, they know she's gone. That will be addressed in the next chapter.

DarthIshtar Thanks, I like writing Bail. :)

ThePariah I'm not evil, I'm just a little Sithly.

Arcalian I'm not sure Anakin would care what the rest of the Council thought! ;) And yes, you're right, Anakin would not realize that. But was his vision destined to come true no matter what?

jedi_master326 Or perhaps the most understanding? We'll have to see!

aabbccdd I love writing Anakin when he has it all together! He's sexy that way... o_O

Pokey But there would be no one there, now would there? [face_whistling]

Gina[face_whistling] That's all I'm saying.

s_skywalkerThank you! I'm glad you like it.

VadersMistress How many times have I told you that you can't have Anakin, no matter how adorable you are!? Besides, he's mine... And I know a few other ladies that have laid claim to him as well! :D

[b]Chapter 6: To My Last Breath[/b]

The night finally came that she woke him and told him that the hour had arrived at last. A mixture of horror and relief played across his face before he jumped from their bed and pulled on a fresh shirt. He picked up the bag she had packed weeks ago and then helped her stand.

Torn between his desire to speed her to the medical facility and a reluctance to risk her health by going too fast, Anakin found the short journey painful.

He carried into the facility with a distinct sigh of relief. Now the professionals could handle the matter and he could focus on doing everything he could to save her. He tried to ignore the small voice in the back of his head asking exactly what that might be.

With admirable efficiency, Padme was soon settled into a birthing bed and then the real work began. Labor was long and slow and the babies? heart rates proved worrisome as they did not pick up as quickly as they should after a contraction.

A group of worried medics gathered around and looked at the machinery, their heads nodding as they conferred with each other.

Finally, one broke off from the group and approached the young couple. ?We are somewhat concerned with the twins? heart rates,? he said carefully. ?So it will be better not to use pain medication right now. Even a regional anesthesia could slow down labor, and we would prefer not to do that.?

?Whatever?you?think is best,? Padme panted out.

Anakin looked from his suffering wife to the medic. ?I want another opinion!?

The medic looked uneasy. ?Sir, we have already gathered as many opinions as we can,? he said, pointing back the group of five staring individuals.

?Anakin,? Padme said, squeezing his hand. ?It?s all?right. For the?babies.?

Unhappy about the situation, but unable to change it, Anakin settled into making his wife as comfortable as possible.

After one particularly strong contraction she pulled at his tunic. ?I?m so tired, Anakin. I don?t think I can do this anymore,? she began to cry.

His fears howled up within him and an icy tor

4. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    AAAhhhhhh how sweet!!! the 4 off them are alright!!! =D= I just loved it!!! and I wasn't bored, I have always thought that Bail is kind of boring, that was the why of my comment ;).
    Not only I think Anakin behaved really well!! I mean if he was really dark I can totally picture him killing a nurse or something, but you even manage to get him to help!!!, I just love this story, and I can't wait to see what are you planing next!!, I want an Anakin/Obi-wan reunion!! :D, hugs!! be well and take care.

5. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    He smiled and then turned back to Padmé; giving the hand he had never released a gentle squeeze. Reaching out, he gathered all of the miraculous powers of the Force into himself and then channeled them through his flesh and blood hand into the body of his wife.

She gasped and her back arched, causing both Anakin and the medic to frown. But then Padmé looked up at her husband and her face grew relaxed once more. "Oh, yes...much better..."

Wouldn't all pregnant couples just love to have that ability?;)

For the first time, the Chosen One?s vision had not come true ? and for that he was very grateful.

LOVE CONQUERS ALL!!!:D [face_dancing] [face_love]

An absolutley beautiful post, LVR! As usual, I crave more! And so, I now eagerly await your next post!:D

6. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Yay!! The twins are here and Padme is safe!!! I loved how Anakin used the force to help her through the delivery....something he could only do by NOT going darkside!

"And I will protect you and your sister and mother to my last breath."

Beautiful line!!! It won't come to that will it?!?!! I know,I'm such a worrier:p

Great post! Look forward to more!!

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww, so cute.

8. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Yes, she didn't die! I was still mildly worried.

This story is so wonderful. Tuesday is rapidly becoming my favorite day of the week.

9. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    He had Padme and their children. It was enough ? it was more than enough.

For the first time, the Chosen One?s vision had not come true ? and for that he was very grateful.

Oh, I was just bawling during the labor (or, you know, the whole chapter). I was really worried about Padme there for a second, though...

Yes, I think we are all grateful that his vision didn't come true!

jazz

10. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    I just found this today--I am enjoying it so much. I like the idea of Anakin with his 'pirate' ponytail. He is so sweet to Padme now that all that stress from the Senate/Palpatine/Jedi is gone. I am so happy that he didn't give into his fear. I want to see the Republic bow down and thank Anakin for his act--he deserves it. Can't wait for next week!

11. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    "Love is stronger than death." --Paul McGann.

Beautiful!

Que Obi finding Ani.....

12. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    that was a great chapter!

13. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    Great chapter!

14. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    *sighs contentedly* That was just perfect. [face_love] [face_love] But why do I have the feeling you're not going to let this happiness last? o_O

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Erin_21 You may have to wait on the Anakin/Obi reunion...

AP4EVER Tune in next Tuesday! :D And thank you for reading.

ANAKINSBABY I love writing tender Anakin! :p

DarthIshtar Thanks. :)

Koori Awww, thank you! [face_blush]

Jazz_Skywalker Are you saying I'd kill Padme? O:)

Anakins_Force Oh yeah, I like pirate Anakin, too! [face_love]

Arcalian That's right! :D

Jedi_Liz Thank you! [:D]

Pokey I'm glad you liked it.

Gina OH Gina! I'm hurt, really, that you would think I'm that evil. [face_whistling] o_O

16. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Looking forward to the next chapter!

Although your story is now attacking me with plot bunnies. Yesterday I kept imagining a decade down the road, Leia and/or luke deciding they want to be Jedi and so on a family visit to Coruscant detouring to the temple showing up saying "I want to be a Jedi!"
    It would be such a priceless scene.

[face_laugh]

Anyway, this is currently my favorite story running. Wish the chapters were longer though! [face_praying]

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I'll just say this: the story will extend at least 12 years past ROTS. :p

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004

Chapter 7: Another Path

The door opened and her mother gave a happy shriek of laughter before pulling Padme into her arms.

?We were so worried!? Jobal exclaimed as she cradled her daughter?s face in her hands.

Giving her mother a kiss, Padme flushed. ?I know, Mom, and I?m sorry-?

?Two messages in three months!? Jobal continued, apparently on a roll now. ?And all you told us was that you were safe and would be in touch soon.? The older woman gave a tiny sniff of disdain for the inadequacy of her daughter?s messages.

Padme shrugged uneasily. ?Well here I am now!? she said, hoping to redirect her mother?s thoughts to their reunion and not her ungrateful daughter?s lack of communication.

?Ruwee!? Jobal called back into the cool interior of the house. ?You?ll never guess what the rancor dragged in!?

Her father?s voice came from the kitchen. ?It had better be that younger daughter of yours!? Then his smiling face greeted her while Jobal continued to scold softly in the background.

Her mother made a motion to close the door, but Padme forestalled her. ?Wait-? then she went a little pale. ?Uh?well, I don?t even know how to begin, so?? She leaned out the door and beckoned to someone waiting in the hired speeder.

Jobal and Ruwee exchanged puzzled glances. Then they watched with shock as a tall, lean, and somehow familiar figure unfolded from the shadows of the speeder. It was Jobal who recognized him first.

?Are you in danger again?? she asked worriedly.

?You?ve got a Jedi guard with you?? Ruwee asked, his brows drawing together in a scowl.

Her parents watched in bewilderment as the young man unloaded several bags without glancing back at them. Then he reached in and gently took out two blanket-wrapped bundles. Balancing both bundles carefully in one arm, he reached into his pocket and pulled out several credit chips, giving them to the driver droid. Then he placed one of the bundles in his left arm, leaving the luggage on the street.

Padme rushed forward and took one of the blankets from the Jedi and took his free hand in hers. She walked back toward her parents with a sheepish, but proud smile on her face.

?Mom, Dad,? she took a deep breath. ?I?d like to introduce you to my husband ? Anakin Skywalker.?

In a daze, they could only blink at the tall young man. And then their eyes widened in shock when the bundle in his arms squirmed and one tiny arm reached out in a stretch. Then Padme shifted the blanket in her arms and revealed the tiny perfect features of another baby.

?And these are our children- Luke and Leia Skywalker.?

The babies didn?t seem to be affected by the tension that hung over the small group. Luke was dozing contentedly in his grandmother?s arms while Leia was doing her best to shatter Ruwee?s already shaky composure by blinking up at him and moving her small tongue in and out of her mouth.

?She looks like you,? he told his daughter.

?Something for which I will be eternally grateful,? Anakin offered.

Ruwee shot him an uneasy smile. ?So?? he said, and then his voice trailed off into an embarrassed silence.

Finally Anakin spoke, breaking the awkward moment. ?Mr. and Mrs. Naberrie, I realize that all of this comes as a shock,? he said quietly. ?And I?m afraid the reason Padme could not tell you of our marriage before was because of me.?

Padme?s father looked at the young man with a stern expression. ?Go on,? he said.

?Well, as you know a Jedi is forbidden to marry,? he explained. ?But I loved your daughter so much that I knew I couldn?t live without her.?

Jobal?s expression softened, but Ruwee?s eyes narrowed. ?So you thought it was fair to marry my daughter in secrecy, without anyone who loved her being there to see it??

?With all due respect, sir, I love her, and I was there,? Anakin replied rather unwisely.

?You know what I mean, young man,? Ruwee practically growled.

Anakin flushed guiltily. ?Yes, sir, and I?m sorry. I?m just? Well, I?m rather nervous.?

?Of cou

19. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    That was so beautiful. :_| :_| (they're happy tears ;) )

Ruwee snorted. ?And what do you plan to grow there? Sand??

As worried as I was for Anakin and Padme, I couldn't help but laugh at that. It seemed like such a "worried father" thing to say. :p

He gave her a sad smile. ?Just because one has power does not mean one is fit to use it.?

My favorite line. How true, indeed.

then the two young parents were promptly ignored as the babies became the center of attention.

That's as it should be. ;) LOL

My favorite chapter so far, K! That took a lot of courage, and Anakin and Padme held their own wonderfully. :D

20. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Wonderful post VaderLVR64!! I liked Ruwee's reaction to Anakin being Padme's husband and the fact they now have twins. And his comment about Anakin growing sand on tatooine...*giggle* priceless! I'm glad everyone came around though...course who can resist a Skywalker, especially my Anakin[face_love]

Lovely as always! More soon I hope?!

21. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww what a precious precious image!

*snort* interesting how you can be wrong about that kind of thing! :D

Beautiful chapter! I wonder how long it will take the Jedi to connect Padme's disappearance with Anakin's and talk to the Naberries...

22. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    That was another excellent chapter!

23. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    Oh!!!! this was so sweet!! but Tatooine??? argh!! I loved them with Padme's parents :), not only totally cute but soooo realistic!! poor Ani!! being under Ruwee's eyes!! :D, I just loved it, loved it!!, and Sola?? and her questions?? sweet!!! more, more, more :D, be well and take care.

24. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    I love, love, love the way you write happy Naberrie family reunions!
    I'm so relieved everyone's okay. I was worried Padme wasn't going to make it!
    I'll be sitting here, waiting for the next post!

25. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I just found this story this morning and have finally read all the chapters posted so far. :D I couldn't stop! I love stories like this! And this one is so well written! =D=

I loved the awkward moment with the in-laws. How true... How true...

I'm looking forward to the next post! (I really want Obi to find Ani!) [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.