main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Demons in my Sanctuary: A/P, Obi-Wan, Sabe, OC's, pre-RotS mystery: Sequel goes up tonight!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Luna_Nightshade, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm slow, but I get here eventually! So please keep PMing me. ;) You know, there were some beautiful passages in this, but for some reason, this one stuck out for me.

Anakin Skywalker was hunting.

The early light of dawn glinted false and bright against the burnt-out remains of off-white industrial buildings on Bomis Korri IV. The Jedi Knight and two of his clone officers were walking silently down a wide street riddled with craters and random duracrete debris, which Artoo was having a great deal of trouble negotiating. The hissing blue light of Anakin?s lightsaber was the only thing giving life to the monochromatic black and white of the deserted city.

I just loved the vivid imagery of it.

Bravo! =D=

2. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Palpatine.

Palpatine could send him to Naboo.

Anakin breathed a sigh of relief. As soon as he could get them all safely back to that hangar, Palpatine was getting a call.

Oh, not good! [face_worried]

Interesting story, Luna!

Star

3. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Well, guys, I think I speak for everyone in the educational system today... FINALS ARE EVIL. Ah, yes, the last few weeks of school are filled with more papers, tests, last-minute projects, and general evilness... yet I was able to create an update. Thank you all so much for coming into my little story. I love you all. @};-

Star_Angel : Yes, Padme needs him now more than she ever has before. She's scared, and Anakin's the only one that can help. Getting Palpy in the middle of it, though, is a bad little kink in the situation. Thank you so much for reading!

Princess_Elisabeth: I'm glad you're looking forward to it! Palpatine is never to be trusted in anything unless it serves his own ends. Thank you so much for reading!

Alley_Skywalker: Hello, there! Hehehe--I'm glad you laughed at the "fat" comment. I was thinking of a certain person when I wrote it. And yes, Palpatine is ready to step up and be the "hero..." Yippee... Thank you so much for reading!

JediArym: Indeed, he is a wolf in sheep's clothing, but Anakin is so trusting, and he is in something of a bind right now. Thank you so much for reading!

jaina_clan_solo
    : I'm glad she's going home, too. She's terrified, and she needs all the support she can get. Anakin is, indeed, too dependant on Palpatine, but I think that is because he doesn't think anyone in the Jedi Temple can help him... even Obi-Wan. *sigh* Thank you so much for reading!

obsessedwithSW: I agree with you--Palpatine has two roads he could take, both of which would turn out bad for Anakin. However, I think Palpatine wants Anakin to trust him more than he wants him to distrust the Jedi. Either way, though, Palpatine comes out better than he went in. Thank you so much for reading!

CrazyAni: Hehehehehe... S... ith... mask... BAD! Hah! That is a hilarious scenario--Obi-Wan hovering in the rosebushes, trying to listen through the window, and then he falls and everybody sees him... oooooh dear. Thank you so much for reading! *bows back*

ani-eyes: Oh... I think a spare tunic could be arranged. Palpy is definitely not to be trusted... however, I'm so excited for the reunion too. *writer's giddiness* Thank you so much for reading!

nightt_owl:
    Nope. Palpatine is just always there. Just can't leave Anakin alone. Thank you so much for reading!

JuniorPadawan: Ha!! No, no it is not. Ha! Oh that's great. Thank you so much for reading!

FitJedi:
    Oh, my friend, we have just a wee bit more setup before the grand reunion. I'm so excited for it, too, though. Thank you so much for reading!

michaellover: Hehehehe--yup, that's what they were doing, and I'm glad you liked it! They have to be ready for anything. I can't wait, either! Thank you so much for reading!

Noelie: Ha! I agree--I wonder if Beckham is available. I think we'd all enjoy that. Hehehehe. Thank you so much for reading!

AnakinLuver: Yes, I can't imagine how terrified Padme must be right now. I can't imagine how scared she must have been in RotS. Pregnant and alone? Well, we'll fix that. Thank you so much for reading!

LadyLunas:
    Yes, at least Padme does have some close friends near her, but what she really needs is Anakin and her family. I'm all over that, though. I know--Obi-Wan would understand so much more than Anakin gives him credit for, but for some reason he thinks Palpatine could always solve his problems better than Obi-Wan ever could. I'd be happy to pm you. Thanks for reading!

HandmaidenVeme: Nooo!!! Thank you so much for reading!

SoggyBread:
    You have no idea how hard I laughed reading your reply. No, I didn't see that commercial, but I can visualize it, and I had tears. Oh, that was awesome. Thank you so much for reading!

Darth-Buddy: Indeed, he is just way too evil for his own good. Thank you so much for reading!

Jaina-Strife: Hehehehe, they make me smile too. I'm glad you liked them. I'm so gla

4. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Chapter Three

Padmé leaned heavily against the entryway to the sitting room and pulled her cloak tighter around her chest. She could not remember how many times she had watched Sabé style her hair and makeup the same as her own back on Naboo, but each time had felt unique, perhaps more dangerous than the time before.

This time, however, truly was different. Sabé was not the same girl Padmé had come to depend on when they were child-women, taking on more of the galaxy than either of them was supposed to. There was still the fiery sparkle in her eyes, but it was almost an afterthought that came through the darkness that lay like shadow beneath her eyes. Those years after her retirement had not been kind to Sabé? that much Padmé did know. Sabé had still not told her what had happened. All Padmé knew was that, for some reason, Sabé had met her on Coruscant about five weeks after Anakin had left for the war the first time. Her green cloak had been muddy at the edges, and her face had been pale and drawn, but it had still been like holding a mirror to Padmé?s own. Padmé had snuck Sabé back into the apartment and into her life again without a thought, but sometimes it still felt abrupt and strange. She had not asked for information, and Sabé had not ventured to tell her. They all had their secrets. Padmé?s secrets just affected more than herself.

?Going somewhere, Padmé?? Bail asked, coming up beside her in the entryway. She had not heard him come in, and she jumped a little. He smiled at her, but it was tired, even though the day had barely begun. ?Did I frighten you??

?No, no, I?m just a little? nervous,? Padmé sighed. She looked back at Sabé, who was now fussing over a chunk of her hair that did not want to kindly curl into ringlets.

?Is that why you called for me?? Bail asked, clearing his throat. Moteé walked past the entryway, carrying a small pile of neatly-folded robes. ?You have been looking ill recently, Padmé. Mon is very worried for you. What is going on??

Padmé swallowed the thickness in the back of her throat. She could see herself in the mirror Sabé was using, and she watched as her hands seemed to move by themselves down to her abdomen. It was so small now, hidden behind heavy folds of fabric. Soon it would grow, become full and round, and what then? Did she really think she could hide it from him, from Mon and the others? She trusted them. What good would it do to hide something so important from them, when she would need their help now?

?I?m pregnant, Bail,? Padmé said, her voice barely more than a whisper. The heavy silence smacked Padmé in the face. How many times had Bail told her how he wished Breha could say those words to him? So why her? Why were she and Anakin blessed with a child they were not ready for, when Bail and Breha had been trying for years with no success to fill that beautiful nursery with a veranda overlooking the mountains on Alderaan? Padmé wanted to take back her words and hide them anyplace where they could not hurt him. ?I?m so sorry.?

He was there in an instant, pressing Padmé to his chest and wrapping his arms gently around her shoulders. Padmé dragged her hands up to her face to claw at the tears that dripped into Bail?s rough sash. ?Breha and I will be happy for you, Padmé,? Bail whispered in her ear as she began to shiver. He pulled her away to cup her face in his palms, using his thumbs to wipe away the tears. ?Does the father know??

Padmé nodded, still shaking. ?I?m going to Naboo to tell him, and my family.?

Bail stared at her for a moment longer with his lips pursed in a tight line before speaking again. ?Do you want to tell me who the father is, or should I allow you to keep your confidence??

Padmé closed her eyes. Behind them, Anakin was staring down at her again on the patio at Varykino, and his eyes glowed in the sunset. Her eyes moved down his face to his thin Padawan braid that hung over his shoulder. Even at their wedding, the Jedi held him close. Even now, the Jedi hung in the air and in

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ooohhh, I sense Palpatine is up to no good.

[face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

And Ani, you should have been a bit suspicious when the Chancellor offered you exactly what you wanted...

I was glad to see Bail congradulate Padme despite his own heartache over not being able to have a child with his wife. That's a good friend.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Bail is just an awesome guy.

Great update!

7. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    That Palpatine! :mad: Always out there to turn Anakin into a Sith Lord...

Although I am glad that Anakin got what he wanted. :) I can't wait to see his reaction to the news!

Interesting how Padme confided in Bail... although it didn't seem to surprise him too much. I think we could all use a friend like that- someone who doesn't judge you and keeps your secrets.

And what happened to Sabe? I got a feeling that all is not what it seems with her....[face_thinking]

Thanks for the PM! :)

8. anakinsangelover

anakinsangelover Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    Thx god padme told bail bout that baby and anakin I was afraid that she would end up lying and keeping it a secret... But palpatine is up to no good... I think but damnnit I wish that he would get killed on the way to the temple... Hey I can dream right... -sigh- anyway HAPPY EASTER TO THOSE WHO ARE ORTHODOX CATHOLICS!!!!!!!

Just for info I'm roman catholic and I'm respecting by fellow christians

9. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Bail is such a good and loyal friend. He didnt even blink an eye at the discovery of the pregnacy or that Anakin was the father.
    Palpatine knows way too much! Anakin is too trusting of him. Although he plays the grandfather very well. I think he desrves an Acedemy Award for his performance!
    Enjoyable post as always. Cant wait for the reunion A/P.

10. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    I'm always happy to read a good story, Luna.

As for this chapter, slightly chilling is the only word I can use. Palpatine is up to no good. Anakin should be a lot more suspicious. And what will Obi-Wan think?

I'm so glad that Padme trusted Bail. She needs to have confidants outside of Anakin and her handmaidens. Of course, I feel sorry for Bail and his wife. Always have. You just brought those feelings to the forefrunt again.

Good job!

11. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    This is how it should have been with Padme, telling everyone who was close to her so they could help. Can't wait for more, and the reunion- however Palpy's making me a little nervous.

12. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    Anakin, your walking right int Palpatine's grasp :( What's wrong with Sabe?

13. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    [face_worried] Palpy's up to something... how can Anakin not sense how easily Palpy gave into him?! That makes me sick...[face_frustrated] I'm glad Padme told Bail though... she needed to tell someone she could trust... I only hope Anakin understands... please update soon![face_praying]

Rachel Rose@};-

14. JuniorPadawan

JuniorPadawan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    There's something about Sabe.[face_thinking]

15. RyooNaberrie

RyooNaberrie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2006
    This story is simply wonderful, i would love to get another post soon!

If you have one, please add me to the PM list!

~Ryoo

16. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    [face_worried] so palpatine just gave him a vacation on Naboo without Anakin even having to ask?? [face_worried]

I'm glad that Padmé told Bail-- he is trustworthy and will help keep Sabé safe from prying eyes.

I'm looking forward to the Anakin/Padmé reunion!

jcs

17. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Bail probably suspected something going on with Padme and Anakin since
    he wasn't a bit surprised about her being pregnant with Anakin's child.

I think Anakin should be somewhat suspicious of Palpatine giving him
    some time off to Naboo no less. Think Anakin, something is not right here!

Great update! :)

18. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Wonderful update, aunt Luna!=D=

Uh-oh, palpie is up to no good, my instincts tell me that much!! I hope he won't reveal anything to the Jedi.

Bail's dream about holding a baby was a bit creepy in my opinion - if you make Anakin turn (which I hope you won't), he will get his baby.]-}
    And Anakin, Anakin, Anakin!! How naive can you be?! Hear me, go to Naboo, speak with Padme, return to Coruscant and kill Palpie in the most slow and painful way possible!!!!

Okay, I'm done.:D

Thank you very much for the PM and update soon!

CrazyAni

19. SoggyBread

SoggyBread Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2005
    ha ha your laughter makes me laugh.
    I have to find you the add on the internet you will laugh your ass off
    I do not mean the donkey variety

lol

great post

wow I have never read a fic with Padme telling Bail about her pregnancy
    fantastic

I wish Anikan could get to Naboo with out depending on the sith
    did you know that sith is an anagram for a commen swear word
    lol

Anikan's charecter is so beautifully done I love him so much in your story
    good work!

The companionship between Obi wan and Aniken was totaly beutifuly done. the blanket thing showed the soft sweet side of anikan Skywalker.

wow what to do? Abandon your weary brothers in arms or be at your wifes side in her time of need. the guilt must be so strong.
    I think this is where Anikan goes from being selfless to selfish as leaving your sufering companions to fulfil the duties of a husband.

good job

keep it up
    you have what i would like to call talent

your a champion

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I've always loved Bail, but now I adore him! :p

Bail stared at her for a moment longer with his lips pursed in a tight line before speaking again. ?Do you want to tell me who the father is, or should I allow you to keep your confidence??

Padmé closed her eyes. Behind them, Anakin was staring down at her again on the patio at Varykino, and his eyes glowed in the sunset. Her eyes moved down his face to his thin Padawan braid that hung over his shoulder. Even at their wedding, the Jedi held him close. Even now, the Jedi hung in the air and in between every choice she made.

Yet this went above the Jedi. This was for the safety of her child. Bail needed to know the father, because he was the only one she trusted to protect her in the Senate, where even Anakin feared to enter. Bail needed to know all of it, for the good of her child. Anakin would understand. This was to keep the baby safe, at least for now.

?Anakin? Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker is the father,? Padmé whispered. She opened her eyes to see Bail still looking at her, his face emotionless and intent. ?He is the father, and my husband.?

Loved this whole section, but especially the bit about THIS being more important than the Jedi. And it is! Bravo! =D=

21. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Hmmm refugee crisis. I wonder how Palpatine is going to cover that little lie. Will he instigate a crisis, or will he simoly let it be and say he was misinformed. Well at least Anakin got what he wanted out of it, even if there is sure to be a trap in there somewhere.

I really felt for Bail as he can't have children with his wife, and it was pretty noble to support Padme like that, so I think he's going to turn into one of those unsung heroes of the story, who do important stuff but never see the limelight.

Also I feel a kidnap coming on from Palpatine, especially since he saw Padme sneaking out. The question is what will he do with her once he's got her. Maybe expose Anakin to the Jedi Council by means of DNA tests on the child? Well I guess we'll see where this is going in the next post. Great writing Luna, please keep going.

22. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Yikes!!! [face_worried] Palpatine is doing what he does best - manipulating Anakin (and the entire situation) to his liking. I must say, as much as I hate the illustrious Chancellor, you sure do write him well. I LOVED his throwaway comment about the pastry shop. I just thought that was a perfect touch! :)

I enjoyed Padme and Bail's conversation as well. I would have liked to have seen more scenes between them in the movie - it's a shame they ended up getting cut out. But wow - Padme told him the truth! I'm so glad - it can only help her situation - and Sabe will need all the help she can get when it comes to dealing w/ the Senate. I'm also wondering what happened to her that drove her back into Padme's service so unexpectedly. [face_thinking] Very interesting.

Great job as always, Luna! Your writing is so much fun to read - you are definitely spinning a fabulous tale!

And thanks for the PM! And for the s'mores, of course! :)

23. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Bail is so kind, and I?m so glad that he knows and that he will keep it a secret, cuz he better will.
    Although, I do hope that Anakin won?t find out that Bail knows before him, cuz I don?t think that would make him very happy.

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Palpy, his is...[face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull]= so totally dead.

Anyway, wonderful as always=D= and thanx for the pm[:D] , please update soon[face_praying] , I can?t wait to see how this will go.

24. Princess_Elisabeth

Princess_Elisabeth Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 2, 2006
    Anakin, Anakin you just don't learn it do you?[face_shame_on_you] I just feel something bad with Palpatine is coming up[face_worried]

Loved the update! and thnx for the PM[:D] I hope the scene at Naboo will be up soon, cause I'm so curious for that one![face_batting]

25. full_moon

full_moon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2005
    This is great! Im glad Padme had decided to tell more people of her pregnancy. If i were in her position i would never be able to keep it a secret, i would be asking everyone i knew for advice! haha

Sometimes i just wanna yell at Anakin for being to stupid! I also just want to strangle Palpatine! You did him perfectly though!

I definetly want to be on the PM list

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.