main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Demons in my Sanctuary: A/P, Obi-Wan, Sabe, OC's, pre-RotS mystery: Sequel goes up tonight!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Luna_Nightshade, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Man, Anakin thought the war was dangerous - just wait until he faces Jobal and Ruwee Naberrie!! Yikes!! [face_worried] ;) Angry parents are never a good thing!

And now you have me awfully curious about what might be going on above that pastry shop. I'm guessing that's where that little girl is hiding? [face_thinking] Hmmm.. I'll have to think some more on this. *clears out cobwebs* [face_hypnotized] [face_laugh]

I love the sisterly bond Padme and Sola have. The way you described Sola camping out by Padme's door was so sweet. :) Gave me the warm fuzzies. I hope they have a chance to talk, but I guess that will have to wait until after Anakin and Padme have their chat, huh?

This was definitely worth the wait. Please don't ever worry about losing me as a reader - I'll stick around for as long as necessary and believe me, I understand the craziness about finals. Yuck! I'm having bad flashbacks at the mere MENTION of the word! 8-}

Great job, Luna!

2. LoveAnakin1

LoveAnakin1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    wonderful update
    Cannot wait ontil the next one.

3. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Great story Luna please add me to your PM list

4. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh that was Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful. At least the parents know that she's pregnant. I can't wait till Anakin meets the In laws and finds out that he is going to be a father. Woohoo. Great update!

5. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Aw, that was so wonderful. I can't wait until Padme's Dad gets a chance to lay into Anakin. Great update.:)

6. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Hey, aunt Luna! Your crazy niece has arrived, as always.:D

Anakin should better get an armour before entering the house, otherwise her parents will kill him! Oh, poor Padme! I could really feel with what was going through. She needs encouragement now, not judgement.

Oh dear, I have a baaaad feeling about Anakin's relationship with Obi-Wan.[face_thinking] I hope nothing bad will happen, RotS was bad enough for me! And Obi is right, Anakin shouldn't trust him. Hear me Anakin, and go kill this wrinkled snake! *waves hand*

I definitely look forward to the next update!!

Oh, finals - that's not a fun thing! Break a leg!:p I'm sure you'll do fine, in worst case try to talk as much as possible in oral examination, and write the written one as perfect as you do here on the boards. I don't know what sunjects you should make, but writing a crib always helps me ... though, I never use my so-perfect cribs, because I'm too afraid to get caught!:D *slaps her hand on the forehead* I've got mine in three months, and I haven't even started learning yet...[face_worried] [face_worried] I just get distracted too much *cough SW cough*

I apologize for another crazy review!:D I promise, I'll try to type something decent next time!

Your niece,

CrazyAni

=D= =D= =D=
    *turns off the computer, pulls a face, sighs and starts doing her homework...*

7. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Excellent update, Luna! =D=

I agree with the person above me. Padmé needs encouragement, if his family just judges her and makes her cry, her emotions will get even more muddled. Well, at least they know now.

Hmm... Some Anakin-Naberries interaction coming! I love everything that contains in-laws :p (hint: my username)

Good to hear he will hear only the truth. Otherwise this would be the Bold and the Beautiful. :D

I hope you update soon, though I have no time to be here so much during next two weeks. School is driving some of us crazy, for example me! I hope you survive your finals!

8. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Wonderful, wonderful, poor Obi-Wan, he needs a vacation;).

Next post: Anakin meets... the in-laws, and Padme tells him the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

I can?t wait to see how that will go, I doubt that it will go as smoothly as one might hope.

Thanx for the pm[:D] and I do look forward to more:D.

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Poor Padme, facing her family and telling them of her marriage and pregnancy alone...at least Anakin is on his way.

I thought the reactions of her parents were very realistic. As happy as they would be about the pregnancy and marriage, they would still be unhappy Padme kept that information from them for 3 years.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Well Anakin it's time to face the in laws.

11. Senator_Lorena

Senator_Lorena Jedi Master star 2

Oct 21, 2003
    Great update! I'm glad I took a moment to check on your thread. I'm about to go to a banquet, but I just had to look. And, I was well rewarded!

Looking forward to next week!

~SL~

12. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great update Luna! I'm glad that Padmé told her family the truth-- it may have come as a shock to them, but they will be very supportive of her (now Anakin, I think, will be another story entirely :p )

When Anakin was sitting there, wishing for Obi-Wan to come out and ask him for the truth :_| I wish Obi-Wan would confront him, because I think that Anakin would tell the truth, and be very grateful for the support that Obi-Wan would give him.

thanks for the pm.. I'm looking forward to more :D

jcs

13. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    [face_frustrated] Sorry to be kind of frustrated with Padme's parents, but... jeez... don't they know that Jedis aren't allowed to be married? I hope Sola can talk to Padme and convince her that they were just upset... Please, Anakin, hurry... come on... he must believe Obi-wan when he was suspicious of Palpatine's actions... Anakin will be there soon, Padme... soon... Please update soon![face_love]

Rachel Rose@};-

14. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Luna,

I really liked the eloquent description of Naboo and of what Padme was seeing and experiencing. It made me feel like I wanted to be there, that I wanted to be in her family.:)

?Go,? Obi-Wan finally said. ?I can take care of the rest of this, and the rest of the Council if need be.? He turned around to face Anakin, and for once Anakin could see how truly weary he looked. His forehead was creased far more than was normal for one of his years, and the time lay like thick smoke under his eyes. Obi-Wan stared at him with those dagger eyes. ?But be careful, Anakin. I do not trust Palpatine, but I trust you. Do not do anything rash, and call me if anything looks suspicious. I want to be informed.?

I really like Obi-Wan he is a good guy! I wish Anakin could have seen that. Unforunately he has a common male flaw, fear of meaningful communication!

I feel sorry for Anakin if he shows up before Padme and her family make peace. Otherwise he's going to get it!

Wonderful as usual Luna=D=

15. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Poor Padme! I wished her parents were a little more understanding
    of her situation. Padme should've explained to them why she and
    Anakin had to keep their marriage a secret. It's not like he
    just got her pregnant and left her, you know? o_O

Well, at least Sola is there for Padme if she needed to talk.

Anakin is on his way! I can only imagine what kind of reception
    he'll get from the Naberrie household. I bet it's quite different
    from his first visit with them.

Great update!! :)

16. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    I love all of the delightful little details about Theed, the woman with too much perfume, the purple paving stones...

Excellent scene between Anakin and Obi-Wan, of course you had me intrigued the minute you said 'funeral pyre'. I love my clone troopers medium-well, thank you very much.

Things are complicated at the Naberrie house. I guess I'm showing my age, because I felt bad for her parents. The minute the tears came to her father's eyes... [face_plain]

=D=

17. RyooNaberrie

RyooNaberrie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2006
    That was wonderful! Post more!!!!!!

~R.

18. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Poor Padme, there really was no good way to tell her family. I think everyone will come around eventually....after all they are her family and they love her.

Now I can't wait for Anakin to arrive! I wonder does Padme have a creative way to tell her husband he's about to become a father?

Great update!

19. Anakins-girl

Anakins-girl Jedi Master star 2

May 20, 2005
    Great chapter! I could visualize the scene between Anakin and Obi when Anakin was trying to tell him about his new assignment without him! Poor Obi....he really cares about Anakin!

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautiful! =D= I can't wait to see the reunion of Anakin and Padme!

Padmé tiptoed up to the window of her bedroom, carrying her tiny candle. She placed it on the window ledge and watched as the soft glow danced against the windowpanes.

Hurry, Anakin. She rubbed the tears from her eyes and stared up at the stars piercing through the night sky. I need you. We need you.

She pulled up her desk chair and sat down in front of the window, resting her chin in the crook of her folded elbows. Even as dozed off there, the candlelight flickered in her dreams, just one of the many on Naboo that beckoned the orphaned home.

The conclusion was absolutely perfect! =D=

21. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I have managed to run away from Darth RL for a while! [face_mischief]

I missed a post! :_|

Chapter 3:
    ?Nonsense, Anakin,? Palpatine said, smiling softly. ?You look exhausted. I will not have one of my best Jedi too tired to perform his job satisfactorily. I have heard of a potential refugee crisis on Naboo? Of course you remember that place. It is lovely. I grew up there. There will be plenty of places for you to relax a little, after you investigate the situation for me. I will give you a week.?

Good old Palpy! He always seems to want what's best for Anakin! [face_liarliar]

And Sabe', something isn't quite right there... [face_thinking]

Chapter 4:
    ?Go,? Obi-Wan finally said. ?I can take care of the rest of this, and the rest of the Council if need be.? He turned around to face Anakin, and for once Anakin could see how truly weary he looked. His forehead was creased far more than was normal for one of his years, and the time lay like thick smoke under his eyes. Obi-Wan stared at him with those dagger eyes. ?But be careful, Anakin. I do not trust Palpatine, but I trust you. Do not do anything rash, and call me if anything looks suspicious. I want to be informed.?

Poor Obi-Wan! But I wonder, why doesn't he trust Palpatine? [face_laugh]

I can imagine that Padme's parents would be shocked and disappointed that they had missed her wedding! But, I'm sure this is easier to take than having her die while pregnant, not even knowing that she was married! :(

Two wonderful updates, Luna! =D=

Could you please add me to your already long PM list so I can keep up? Thanks! [:D]

Star

22. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Howdy-hoo, all! I'm so excited to be posting this from the comfort of my own home, in my pajamas, after one of the first good night's sleep WITHOUT COLD MEDICINE that I've had in a very long time. *happy sigh* I love summer break. As promised, I have returned with...the reunion! *excitement* I hope you all enjoy it. I love you all, even the lurkers.

MissPadme: Indeed, it had to be difficult to have to spring such a shocker on her family, alone... but Anakin is here! He has arrived! Thank you so much for reading!

princess_of_naboo: Thanks! Telling Obi-Wan, eh? Well... Thank you so much for reading!

RyooNaberrie: I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for reading!

Alley_Skywalker: Howdy, my padawan sister! Of course Palpy is--did we really expect anything different? Indeed, Anakin is really upset about this entire situation. He thinks he is doing something wrong and he feels very guilty. Thank you so much for reading!

LadyLunas: Indeed, it wasn't particularly gentle. I think she's just so tired and freaked out that she wants to let it all out... that, and she expected her family to be a bit more open about it. Indeed, something is very wrong, but I'm not explaining it all just yet. And yes, Obi-Wan needs to open his eyes and realize some things. He is close, but he hasn't gotten over the hump yet. I'm glad you caught the candle comparison between Naboo and the Skywalkers' relationship--I'm really impressed! Thank you very much--I'm glad you liked it, and thank you for reading!

HandmaidenVeme: Yes, well, they're going to see Anakin and Padme's love right now. Thank you so much for reading!

Iaranon: Yeah, Anakin is going to get an earful here quick. I'm glad you liked the details! Oh, and I'm glad you're still thinking about Obi-Wan's part in this story, as he isn't just going to fall out of it because Anakin left. He doesn't make an appearance in this post, but he has an extremely important part to play, especially after this one. Thank you for your patience--exams are evil, but for the next couple weeks I'm in the clear and I'm going to do an awful lot of writing so I have updates prepared for even when I'm going to be very busy later this summer. Thank you so much for reading!

jedi_princess18: Yeah, it is almost out of the bag... but here comes Anakin's turn to find out some things! Thank you so much for reading!

Princess_Elisabeth: I'm so glad you liked it. You're right--the Naberries are a bit miffed, but they're going to have the opportunity to talk it through in a little bit. Thank you so much for reading--the reunion is finally here!

anakinsangelover: Yeah, Padme is having a rough time of it, but Anakin is here to save the day. Thank you so much for reading!

VA_Parky: Hello, my friend! Hehehehe... nope, Anakin needs to be prepared for a grilling. I'm so glad you're picking up on what little hints I'm dropping throughout these chapters. They're in there, just hiding. Please remember the little girl...she's going to come back, eventually, with a much bigger part. Hehehe--I'm glad you liked Padme and Sola. I always wanted Sola to have a greater part, since I could tell how much she loved Padme, and this is the way I see her. *blushes* I'm so glad you're going to be coming back. Yes, finals are terrifying... so much so that it takes me about a week afterwards of heavy sleeping and good food to recover back to myself again. *shudder* I'm so glad you liked it. Thanks for reading!

LoveAnakin1: I'm glad you liked it! The reunion is here. Thank you so much for reading!

Peagis: Thanks--I'm glad you like it, and I'll be happy to pm you. Thanks for reading!

FitJedi: I'm so glad you liked it! And the reunion you've been waiting for is finally here! I so hope you like it! Thank you so much for reading!

Darth-Buddy: I'm so glad you liked it. Thank you so much for reading!

CrazyAni: Hello, my dear, silly niece! I

23. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Chapter Five

With the curtains tightly drawn and the lamps barely glowing in the center, Padmé Amidala?s apartment in the higher wings of the Senate Apartments had become the only safe place left for the covert meetings of Bail Organa?s fledgling Rebellion. With Padmé gone, only Mon, Bail, Sabé, Moteé, and Dormé were present to discuss Palpatine?s latest adventure, and what to do about it.

?And the Jedi?they have agreed?? Mon asked quietly, picking up a small slice of pale yellow cheese from the snack tray that Dormé had produced. Dormé had never enjoyed participating in the intrigue that had plagued the Senate since joining Padmé?s entourage at Queen Jamillia?s suggestion more than five years ago, and had instead tried to avoid the discussions by producing food and nervously watching the security cameras for intruders. She was now hovering at the entryway to the apartment, surrounded in four transmitters connected to the security cameras up and down the hall that Bail had modified two weeks ago. The only time she spoke was to order Threepio to shift the sound system because of interference. As a bodyguard, Padmé could have chosen no one better.

Bail leaned back against the couch and took a long sip of Alderaanian wine before replying. ?They had no choice, really. Palpatine insisted there was a refugee crisis brewing on Naboo, and the Republic needs Naboo on its side.?

?But Knight Skywalker?? Mon whispered, her eyes flitting around the room. The shadows that danced hazily against the curtains, lit by the lowlight of the lamps, made her shiver. Bail and Mon both knew now that Padmé was married to Anakin?the Hero with No Fear, and the closest thing to Palpatine?s son and protégé as anyone. Now, Padmé was pregnant with his child, and had gone to Naboo to tell him. Yet Anakin was a Jedi and had no right to be going to Naboo without a Council order, and conveniently, Palpatine had sent him there even without one. Did Palpatine know what Padmé was doing? The Jedi Council had been in an uproar after Palpatine casually informed them that Skywalker was to be visiting Naboo to investigate this so-called crisis, and only Master Kenobi?s words of trust all the way from Bomis Korri IV had made the Council accept Palpatine?s audacious orders, hesitant though that acceptance may be. Bail could almost feel Palpatine?s fingers twisting into even the Council, where he had no right. The Jedi, who were supposed to be indifferent to everything but the needs of the people, were teetering ever-so-close to becoming part of Palpatine?s playthings. What was more, however, they were worried for Padmé, and for Anakin, and for this child. If Palpatine did know? what did he want with them? Or did he truly send Anakin to Naboo for the reasons he specified and had simply stumbled into Padmé?s secrets? Or was it some sort of sick benevolence?

?I know, Mon,? Bail whispered, and downed the rest of the wine in one drink. He set the glass down on the table in between the couches and leaned forward, his eyes dull in the lamplight. ?We must protect them, Anakin and Padmé both.?

?Sabé?? Mon asked. Sabé looked up from where she had been pacing on the other side of the room, her cloak pulled over her head. Some of her dark curls were beginning to fall limp?she had naturally stick-straight hair that on occasion enjoyed being as stubborn as she did. Sabé stopped pacing, and for the first time in all the years Bail had known her, the woman looked? shy, or nervous. Her face had no color but for the sharp splotches on her cheeks where Moteé had painted on blush.

?Yes, madam?? Sabé asked. Indeed? her voice sounded smaller, hesitant. Bail narrowed his eyes as he looked at her. What was wrong with her? Where was the Sabé he remembered?

?Is there a refugee crisis?? Mon asked. ?I know you have gone back to Naboo several times since returning to Senator Amidala?s service. What have you seen there? What don?t we know??

Sabé?s eyes flitted away for an instant. ?There? there is something going on, madam, but?

24. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Okay.. inquiring minds want to know what is up with Sabe...

It is a bit of a worry.

The scene with Padme's father is darling. Dads.. all just like the one in Father of the Bride two, thinking they are just "playing" house [face_blush]

25. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    Very nice post. Will you add me to your PM list?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.