main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con 2013 -May 31st- June 2nd

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by catz44, Jan 15, 2013.

1. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Did you place the order yet? Did you need any help? I think the RMFF treasury should match your donation.

2. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Well since no one is jumping on this, I'll take the morning shift with Jonathan (and the passes since he is getting some for volunteering with DCC).

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Done! Thanks, Dale.

catz44 likes this.
  4. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    If I can I, I will take Cory to his first comic-con for his birthday this year! fingers crossed! I can do the Saturday pass, but won't be able to stay the night but that's O.K. .Hope to see you all there! Fingers crossed again!!!

5. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Would you be willing to bring your mouse droids and possibly the K-9? We need to fill up the droid area as much as possible for the weekend. Anyone else with droids/robots (including any Dr. Who stuff), please bring it so we can have a great showing in the droid area.

6. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    If I can go I will bring some droids,I made K-9 for a friend so, I will have to get approval from him on the K-9; But I am hoping for the best!!

7. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
  8. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Received the order from oriental trading company :)

FanForced and DieWompRatDie like this.
  9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    How much was spent and what did you get?

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I have an extra room at the Sheraton if anyone wants it. $99 per night. Apparently there are also rooms available at the Hyatt, but they're more expensive I think.

11. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    So, we're looking at some software to make the Green Screen Adventures a signature feature for Star Wars events. Anyone who's been helping to Photoshop the OVER 800 photos from May the Fourth can tell you the post-production process is VERY time consuming. This software eliminates the post-production work, and we just straight upload the photos to a site. We already have a green screen, and lights are easy enough to borrow &/or rent when necessary, and this software will work with the largest # of DSLR cameras and a Windows laptop. I am willing to front the money for the software, if I can get a promise of $100 of the price covered elsewhere. darth_hair has committed to $50. Will the RMFF commit to the other $50?

DSLR Remote Pro

12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I vote that the RMFF cover the other $50 of the cost for the software.

13. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I vote that the RMFF cover $50 as well.

14. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Agreed

15. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I agree as well. Spend it if ya got it.

Besides, I know all too well how time-intensive that kind of photoshopping is. It's insane. (800 photos?! Jebus.)

16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I don't there was any candy left, people took that home with them to give out to there trick or treaters. we have fortune fish, bugs, and braclets plus the RMFF CR can hang on to the left overs until Hauntings.

Just to let everyone know more about the over all set up for the SW Experience, we (RL, 501st and Mands) are all sharing the space. I see it as us walking in front of the tables directing traffic, being available to answer questions easier. that doesn't mean we can't cop a squat for any reason. I think we will need to crowd control of some kind. Tables will be to put flyers on and some props but we will have prop displays, repair station and with any luck a changing room for those quick changes some might have to do so everyone can get the best overall con experience possible.

darth_hair and DieWompRatDie like this.
  17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    So I posted that on my tablet last night and the boards don't like to work with any of the keyboards I have installed on it. We are going to have 'Shoot a Trooper' but everyone can play so it's not just the white armor that get shot at. To make it a little harder for the kids we are using those Clone helmets for them to wear.
    Green Screen, we will need some people with skillz to take some pictures or work in shifts of some kind. The photo stand and backdrops can be left alone but having people in costume to take pictures with everyone is great too.

I bought some foam stickers for little prizes and coloring kits for the larger prizes. I have some foam sabers, should I bring those? They've been in my garage for years and years, they are used but they still work?

I think Jeff is planning to set up on Thursday for the most part, final details will be done on Friday around noon and VIP's enter the hall at 2pm, public at 3pm so game on!! We will also need a few bodies to help unload the CO. Springs folks trailer, they are bringing a large part of our environment. So if you can be on stand by to unload at around 1- 1:30 so we can get it mostly set up before the VIP's enter.

Thanks so much (in advance) for everyone's hard work and commitment to make this ROCK!

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm excited! It's gonna be great.

I'd be happy to take photos as needed.

I'll be there Thursday, if you need and will be there starting Friday morning.

catz44 and FanForced like this.
  19. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    ZOO, did you try the software out? Looks like one type works for Nikon and one works for Cannon, I think we should figure out what camera we would be using most of the time. We just bought a new tri-pod last night and our camera is a Cannon Rebel we have extra batteries and memory cards, etc. But Bill and Mel have amazing cameras and they are Nikon...... So I don't know what to do.

20. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I didn't think fan groups could get in on Thursday?
    We are available both days to help with whatever is needed :)
    I ordered a bunch of candy, temp tattoos, and other miscellaneous items from oriental trading company for the prize wheel.

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

That's correct that fan groups can't get in until Friday morning. Thursday is designed for convention center set up, like tables and chairs and some A/V.

Anybody who wants to come Friday can help us set up and would be much appreciated!

22. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I'll have Jeff double check on that, but there is no way we can set it all up and have energy to staff the area and party that evening. ;) We have almost more than any vendor has to bring in and set up, we need time!

catz44 likes this.
  23. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    We aren't fan groups... We are exhibitors. According to Nikki we can set up in the exhibit hall on Thursday.

I think we're going with the Canon version... I believe we're testing it all out on Sunday or Monday.

24. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Jason and Chris have snagged my hotel room. They said the rest of you can suck it.*

*(They may or may not have actually said "suck it".)

DieWompRatDie and FanForced like this.
  25. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I, too, was told we could not get in Thursday because we ARE fan groups (just in the exhibit hall, that's all). Cal is setting up the huge sets on Thursday with the convention center union guys (he cannot accept any help on his sets because the center requires him to use the union guys). I've been trying to figure out how to get in on Thursday to set up the droid area, but no one will tell me when or if we can get in. If we are allowed in Thursday we need a time of when to be there so we're not waiting around all day for someone to let us in. Also, we won't have our badges until Friday, so unless you have a true exhibitor pass (meaning you paid for a vendor table and got the packet ahead of time) then you probably won't be able to get in until Friday morning. I'll be more than happy to set up the droid area and the RMFF area on Thursday if someone can guarantee my droids and I can get in at a certain time. I just don't think it's feasable to pay for parking only to be told you can't get in.