main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con 2013 -May 31st- June 2nd

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by catz44, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Are you guys communicating with Nikki, the person in charge of fan tables? She should be able to clear up all these questions.

As far as I'm aware, no one will be using the actual exhibitor badges on Thursday. If you are supposed to be getting exhibitor badges for your table, you should be able to check in at registration on Thursday and be given a temporary badge that will get you into the exhibit floor to set up. Contact Nikki and/or Michael to confirm this info.

2. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I've been trying to, sent a couple emails, but have heard nothing from them. If we are setting up Thursday (RMFF) I just want to know what time and where we are meeting, that's all. Registration isn't until Friday 1:00pm (see website).

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Email Michael if you can't get ahold of NIkki.

4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Ben, we've been in contact with Nikki and she has confirmed that we will be able to start our set up on Thursday at noon. We'll pick up the exhibitor badges and then coordinate with the con folks to make sure we can start unloading/setting up Thursday and continue to do so on Friday morning.

5. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    I wish she would tell the rest of the groups that, unless this is just for RMFF. I still haven't heard a word from anybody. I'll be there Thursday afternoon (between 1-2pm) to help setup and hopefully setup the droid area as well. Are we all meeting at the front door?

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    We've been coordinating the space for the RMFF, RL, 501st and the Mercs in an area called the Star Wars Experience! It will include a green screen (like was done at May the Fourth), a photo backdrop, the 501st Shoot-A-Trooper, tables for the groups, a prop/costume table that will be roped off, the Jabba photostand, and other cool stuff. Instead of last year when we each had separate tables in a line, we're making it one big happy family of tables and shared space to make it super awesome.

I'm not sure about the droid area. Perhaps Nikki has put you next to the SW Experience area? Sorry we didn't include you in this. That's probably my fault for not making that happen. Hope we get it all straightened out on Thursday and Friday, JJ.

7. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
  8. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I found the box of stuff. it has dum dums in there, some super hero candy and toys plus the bead crafts.

9. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I knew there was candy left.

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Yum, 7 month old candy! :p

11. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Don,t eat it and you don't habe to annouce it either. how old do you yhink the candy from OT is?

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    To remind people, the RMFF has been given 8 exhibitor 3-day badges as a part of our table in the Star Wars Experience area. The trade off for getting one of these, of course, is that we'll need help setting up Thursday afternoon between noon and four and/or Friday morning between 7 and when doors open for VIPs at 2 pm.

Those who have claimed these badges are DieWompRatDie, FanForced, catz44, BFett88, corran_r9, and he-guy. We still have two more unclaimed as darth_hair and SITH__CHICK will be getting their exhibitor badges via the RL.

Would anybody else be willing to help with unloading and set up either Thursday or Friday or help man the table early Saturday or Sunday morning? I still have two unclaimed badges for RMFFers willing to go that extra mile! Thanks in advance!

13. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    I finally got some word on all this. The droid area is not along the SW wall (we've been bumped out because of the landspeeder), but we got a bigger space somewhere in the exhibit hall. I've procurred four exhibitor badges for my group, which they've all been claimed at this point. I got a lengthy email from Brede corporation, the service company for the convention center. 70 pages of crap that doesn't apply to any of us, but on page 2 it says this:

"At no additional charge to you, during Exhibitor move-in, Brede will be manning the dock with union laborers ready to
    help unload/transport your freight to your booth space from:

Thursday, May 30, 2013 from 12:00 pm—4:00 pm ONLY
    Friday, May 31, 2013 from 7:00 am—12:00 pm ONLY"

Then 10 minutes ago I got another email from DCC this time stating to please unload somewhere other than the loading docks (conflicting emails can only mean one thing: lack of communication). I'm back to square one of unloading the droids by hand and lugging all my stuff up the escalator to the exhibit hall. I'm still planning to unload Thursday noonish, probably at the front door. I'll need an extra bowl of Wheaties for breakfast since it's gonna be a long day.

14. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I would use the dock, and tell DCC that you got said e-mail from the convention center, and as you are alone in your transport of stuff, you need the help at the dock.

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    They would prefer you go in the front door carrying stuff, just because it will be very busy at the dock, that's all. Not a lack of communication, but the business and lack of space amongst all the vendors unloading at the dock . There will be RMFF and other SW folks there on Thursday and Friday to help out, so let us know and we'll help get the droids in.

16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

One badge goes to Dark Crafty. One left!

17. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Ill be there a little before one!

18. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    What time is everyone planning for set up tomorrow?

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'll be there with @breadnappa at about 12:30. Jeff says he'll be there by 11. I believe Ian will be there at 11, but that may be Friday at 11. Brack from the 501st will be there at about noon.

What time will you guys be there?

20. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    We drop off the kiddos at 1 so we will probably be downtown around 2

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  21. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Originally I had Friday and Monday off of work, now I don't so looks like I will only be there for the Make a Wish auction on Saturday.

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    We didn't see you guys this afternoon. Catch up with y'all tomorrow morning!

23. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Sorry didnt end up done with check in until 3:30, we were running late;)

24. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    What time are you thinking tomorrow?

25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Jeff's planning on 7. I'm planning between 9 and 10. Not sure about Geoff or Dale. Dark Crafty will be there by 1. Ian is planning on 11. I think the 501st people will be there by about noon.