main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con 2015 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by he-guy, Mar 31, 2015.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Are you going to be someplace specific Saturday morning or do we text you or PM you on the boards? Perhaps a good place would be outside the exhibitor entrance, which is next to the Which Wich, from what I understand.

2. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    That is where we got them last year if memory serves.

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I will probably be getting there around noonish on Saturday. Could I get the phone number of whomever is going to have the tickets around that time so I could text you to find out where you are???

4. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

That would be our CR, he-guy.

5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    PM sent

6. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I am planning on getting the badges assigned to RMFF tonight from Scott. If you want to get your badge tonight from either of us, please send a message here, through Facebook messenger or text. Scott will also be on site Friday AM if you need a badge for Friday's events.

Contact me in the above methods when you arrive (or are close) to the convention center Saturday AM and I will meet you outside the exhibitor entrance where we can enter together.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  7. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Are we doing an RMFF dinner?

8. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    That would be nice, especially since so many are going to get out late from the trivia panel Sat night.

catz44 likes this.
  9. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I agree. I'm not a huge fan of the Tilted Kilt (said the married man).
    Anybody else have a recommendation for a place that can handle a group of our size and within walking distance? Sam's No. 3? Maggianos? Lime? 5280 Burger Bar? (Last 3 are in Denver Pavilions)

10. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
  11. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Anyone stopping by the table this weekend, candy donations (for the prize boxes) are very welcome! Some kids (and adults) just want the candy.

12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I"ll bring some more this morning. We're running low on prizes and out of candy last I saw yesterday at about 5. The Death Star prize wheel is very popular and there's a steady stream of people who see it. I'd say 80% of people who come by the table spin the wheel.

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Great show everybody! Thank so much to the volunteers who came and helped kids and adults spin the Death Star prize wheel, promote our many panels, and promote the R2-KT auction. For those who had not heard, we raised approximately $11,000 for the Make A Wish Foundation! The Han Solo in Carbonite coffee table went for $2,100, too. Amazing job!

And a special shout out to all my RMFF peeps who helped make the trivia panel a reality. I had quite a few compliments and words of appreciation from people who stopped me in the convention halls. They all had a great time and can't wait to do it again next year. Although some people said that the questions were tougher this year, so I may have to scale back on the difficulty a bit. Another suggestion, by catz44, was to do a totally separate trivia panel just for kids 10 and under. Uhhhh.....we'll see.

Again, my appreciation and thanks to all you RMFFers for your hard work, dedication, and enthusiasm to all who met us.

It also appears that we have some new folks who have joined us after learning about the group at Denver Comic Con. Welcome and we're glad you're here!

nnaydolem likes this.
  14. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    I think it'd be fun to do the trivia panel as an event at either the BBQ or the Xmas party, and make it ultra-elite level. It'd be interesting to see how much us 'real' Star Wars fans know.

The table was good. I missed a scheduled time slot but managed to make it up when the Fetts couldn't make it yesterday. And yes the great majority of people (kids and adults) preferred the candy.

AuttyBot and nnaydolem like this.
  15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Yep, candy is definitely popular. Say, treasurer, I spent about $40 on that candy. Any way to be reimbursed for it?

16. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Big thank you to everyone for helping out at the table and all around the Star Wars areas of interest at DCC this weekend!!

AuttyBot and DieWompRatDie like this.
  17. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014

It was SO fun. I greatly enjoyed chatting with all the folks that passed through and I was surprised how much fun my daughter had helping with the prize wheel. :)

18. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    The Make-A-Wish auction and donations at the spots at the SWX brought in over $13,000. :D

AuttyBot, catz44 and nnaydolem like this.
  19. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    that's awesome!

20. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    After talking to all the other groups we think we want to do a table for kids to promote our kid friendly groups. The RMFF has a younger age limit and some 501st, RL and Mandos have teens that want to help out and be eligible for the event passes. 501 and RL have Galactic Academy, I don't know much about it but people have talked about having a activity or area to promote that side of all our groups.
    We are making donation boxes so every table can have one at their location for MAW, I know it's a little over kill but every $ counts. I'm pretty sure we are going to ramp up the MAW table and I think it's going to stick with the RMFF group to support it unless there's any objections but we want a bigger display area (and once it's over the RMFF can take over that space) for previews, lists, maybe a silent auction. Not completely sure, things are in the works.

Jeff has already had his first meeting with DCC for next year so plans are starting earlier.

A big Kuddos to everyone, SLCC stopped by and told him they loved the SW area and what a great job everyone was doing to represent our genre. So good job, other Comic Cons liked what we all pulled off!

21. Darth_Thidiouth

Darth_Thidiouth Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2015
    I am certainly glad to have found y'all there

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    My only suggestion is to have more communication about the SW Experience area in the months/weeks leading up to the event. I knew generally what to expect, but I'm an old fart and been around the block a few times. It would have been nice to have more details about the plans for our table and the other groups.

Perhaps we should have several people be the dedicated communicators to our group as a whole so we don't have to rely just on darth hair who doesn't come round here anymore. I felt bad for he-guy when we would ask him a question in the months leading up to the con and he wouldn't know the answers.

I know there was a lot going on with planning for Celebration Anaheim for the Sith Couple, which is perhaps a good argument for having more people in the loop.

AuttyBot likes this.
  23. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    SITH__CHICK I love the teen/kids table idea. My son saw what we were doing and is hoping to volunteer next year. Now that I know what to expect for next year, I am happy to learn how to contribute more (baby steps).

24. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001

Celebration had nothing to do with it. Our contact for DCC went silent for about 2 months and a new person was brought in to handle our area in late March. I passed along all of the info as I got it to each group leader as a group. Everyone got the same info at the same time. I will most likely have more people in charge of things next year. We'll see what everyone brings to the table next year as far as features go.

corran_r9, AuttyBot and DieWompRatDie like this.