main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con 2016

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Feb 8, 2016.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Denver Comic Con

June 17 - 19 - Friday, Saturday, Sunday of Father's Day weekend

In previous years we had the Star Wars Experience booth/area that was spearheaded by darth_hair and SITH__CHICK. Hopefully ya'll will be doing so again and coordinating communication with DCC and the SW fan groups since y'all have done such a good job previously! It's great to see the families come through and, gotta admit, it's a fabulous perk to have a DCC badge for volunteering.

Since 3-day badges are now on sale for $82.50 (and not sold out as of February 8), we should confirm the exhibition area and start a tentative list of volunteers amongst all groups since we will probably have a limited number of those tix, based on what we were told last year.

For panels, we have had four main ones we've done in the past with a prop panel by the aforementioned Darth Hair, a Game Show panel, a RMFF/Denver Public Library one, and the R2-KT auction.

Will we be doing those again? I can speak for the game show and DPL ones and say, yes, we're planning on them.

Let's put this on the agenda for the next meeting and see what we want to do the same and what we want to adjust for the RMFF's participation, points of contact, flow of communication, content, table, etc., to make 2016 a successful year.

Polar_Mouse, AuttyBot, he-guy and 2 others like this.
  2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I just ant to put this out there that Robert and I want to help with set up and sitting at tables during the weekend.!

3. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    AuttyBot and he-guy like this.
  4. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    My son and I will definitely be volunteering to man the tables or help however is needed.

FanForced and DieWompRatDie like this.
  5. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I think they layout and activities last year worked well.

Blast a Trooper
    Green Screen Adventures
    Costumes and props on display
    RMFF booth
    Rebel Legion booth
    501st booth
    Mando booth
    Droid builders booth
    photo backdrops

My clan of 5 is planning on being there and participating.

nnaydolem, AuttyBot and DieWompRatDie like this.
  6. jedistarfire

jedistarfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2015
    I read on Twitter that Carrie Fisher cancelled because she was filming sw 8

7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Possible... However, until DCC tweets it or posts it on their web site, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope. I assume they would have double-checked that she was available before signing a contract and announcing her.
    However, schedules do change.

And to repost here from the February meeting notes as taken by AuttyBot:
    • Consider moving forward as crunch time for DCC as well. Our set up location at the convention center is to be determined. Commitments for badges will be two two-hour shifts.
    • Geoffrey aka thebreadnappa will be point of contact this year for DCC.
    • Rocky Mountain Fan Force, represent your best self. No skipping your shifts or passing your badge along to another who has not contributed. Swapping a shift with others who have signed up is okay.
    • The RMFF trivia panel has been submitted. Keep a look out for items for the prize wheel. Autumn is going to start shopping now.
    • Stan Lee and Carrie Fisher will be there! Reach out to all of those you know so we can raise more for Make-A-Wish this year!
    I'm tentatively planning to revamp the Prize Wheel from the Death Star Trench run to be Starkiller Base trench Run.
    The trivia panel will have the same set up as last year. I have submitted the following people's names as officially helping me: FanForced, he-guy, ladyblues, AuttyBot, and Dark Crafty. If any of you can't help, let me know. And, of course, you all are welcome to come assist as the more the better, or you can come play along.
    We also discussed the R2-KT Make-a-wish auction and how that group will be having planning meetings soon and possibly new stuff in the works.

AuttyBot likes this.
  8. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Will there be a different thread for Make-A-Wish? I have an item I would like to contribute. Will there be someone collecting these items? Thanks :)

9. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    That's a good idea. I think the info for that (panel) is usually in the main DCC thread, but may be easier to find on a separate page. Breadknappa?

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Yeah, there will probably be a separate thread. The coordinator will be Zoo again, but I believe our main contact will be thebreadnappa.

Mmmm...bread.

AuttyBot likes this.
  11. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    is there a sign-up sheet yet?

Sarnia likes this.
  12. thebreadnappa

thebreadnappa RMFF Co-CR/Member-At-Large

Sep 14, 2012
    Ill create a thread for MAW.
    No sign up sheet yet.
    AuttyBot, we will have a donation taker, I'll list them on the thread when it's decided.

Thanks everyone, getting excited for this year's auction!

13. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Robert and I will commit to at minimum 2hours each sitting at tables or working booths.. We would also like to help with set up.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  14. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Looks like we won't be able to make DCC after all. Ya'll have a blast!

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I have a couple of items for donation...AND i would like to sign-up for a couple of shifts! I do have a panel we are running...so it will be dependent on when that is, etc..etc.

16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    After the May the Fourth event at Wings Over the Rockies, I believe we need a bunch of prize wheel prizes. (And many thanks to AuttyBot for her prize donations as kids loved them!)

Perhaps we could order a bunch from Oriental Trading company while we have time to get them shipped and we have money in the treasury?

17. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Copy and paste from what other groups are posting for their members;
    All,
    I know many of you have been wondering about what is up, and please let me assure you Jeff has been doing his best to get this info months ago.
    We are in a new location, smaller space, but we do have a secure changing and storage area right around the corner.
    I have been sick the last few days, and finally got the sign up forms and spreadsheet ready to go:
    Just like last year, you will need to sign up using the following form to gain access to the Sign up sheet.
    Schedule sign up request form
    Just as in years past, the badges will be $50 each, and these are exhibitor 3 day badges. We don't have any options for single day. You will need to sign up for TWO shifts in order to get a badge, and you will be expected to work those shifts. Also remember you do not have to work the 501st table to do your shifts.
    I will plan to be at the Convention center Thursday night to hand out badges, as well as Friday early AM.
    Once you have received your access tot he schedule and signed up, all payments will be made via paypal to tk4149@comcast.net . You can send in funds for more than one person, just know that Kim Rodriguez and I will be verifying payments and shifts signed up for,
    And finally, please remember that Jeff tried for a LONG time to get this up and going WAY sooner than this, and please do not shoot the messengers on how late in the game it is.
    Thank you.

18. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    SITH__CHICK you might want to mention the person who originally wrote this so people know who they are looking for to get their badges from and who they are Paypal-ing, especially for newer people. ;)

nnaydolem likes this.
  19. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm not positive on all of that, the leaders of the groups get that info. Like I said, I just copied and pasted what all the other groups posted.

I'm sure it will be up to Dale if he wants to pick up RMFF badges and hand them out or I believe Scott M, head of 501st does this. That's my guess, whoever is POC for DCC should be in the loop.

QueenHighMistress and nnaydolem like this.
  20. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Thank you SITH__CHICK Awaiting my approval and I will gladly take some shifts. :) Appreciate you and hope you are feeling better!

nnaydolem and DieWompRatDie like this.
  21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I submitted my info on the form and look forward to being able to sign up.

Last year Scott Magerfleisch from the 501st passed out badges, but perhaps Geoff aka thebreadnappa will since he's been our DCC point of contact. I'm sure the powers that be will announce this information with plenty of time and clarity.

QueenHighMistress, that PayPal email goes to Scott M.

Thanks SITH__CHICK for the help!

22. thebreadnappa

thebreadnappa RMFF Co-CR/Member-At-Large

Sep 14, 2012
    I'll let everyone know how to get badges, once we have a procedure in place.
    I think it's also worth mentioning that load in/out shifts have not counted towards the 2 shift minimum in the past, and I believe that will be the same this year.

nnaydolem and DieWompRatDie like this.
  23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I signed up for the Friday 4 - 6 PM shift and the Saturday 4 - 6 PM shift.
    I'll PayPal the $50 to Scott.

thebreadnappa likes this.
  24. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Malachi and I have signed up and while I volunteered for Friday and Sunday, don't be surprised if I drop by to offer more help! I will get my Pay pal done today for $100.00.

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    signed up and sent mula this morning.