main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con 2016

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Feb 8, 2016.

1. thebreadnappa

thebreadnappa RMFF Co-CR/Member-At-Large

Sep 14, 2012
    UPDATE ON BADGE PICKUP:
    (from Scott M.)

Starting at 5:30 [Thursday], i will be at the Pizza Republica next door tot he convention center. Please let your members know I will be there, until about 8:00 distributing badges, have a beer, and a little pizza. Anyone is free to come and hang or just swing by to pick up their badge.
    As for Friday, I will plan to be at the Exhibitor entrance (which in years past was the set of stairs on thew west side, right across from the Which Wich restaurant. I will be there form about 8:30 AM until 10:00. After that, I will be handing off badges to the respective leadership of each group.

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I will be there! and i might have some pizza too..

are you going to be there papa?

3. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    I am going to do my best to come help with set up. Your post seems very straight forward thebreadnappa any tips on parking to come help with set up? I did see that we cannot park for any duration in the loading area. Thanks!

4. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    I can probably figure something out for fastening it down. If not, then we trust in the goodness of people :) Autumn, I would suggest just parking in the Convention Center parking lot. You are going to pay no matter where you go. I typically park here just because of the convenience.

5. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    lol!

I'm guessing she's asking you thebreadnappa, but maybe this is something else entirely...

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    no autocorrect is a you know what. ;) doesn't think nappa is a word.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  7. thebreadnappa

Sep 14, 2012
    lol!
    I will be there for load in at 8 or 9 in the morning, not sure how long I'll stay. Depends on how things go, and how far behind I am on everything else. Sounds fun though, so I might stretch my time :)

8. thebreadnappa

Sep 14, 2012
    and just so I don't miss a golden opportunity...

[​IMG]

he-guy, corran_r9, nnaydolem and 2 others like this.
  9. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    We unfortunately have an unplanned issue with plumbing and now I must be present for a plumber in the morning (so we can take showers) so yea... depending on how long that takes I may miss the load in time tomorrow. I am still planning on tear down though.

nnaydolem likes this.
  10. thebreadnappa

Sep 14, 2012
    Load in is Thursday. Stop tryna give me a heart attack, lol.

nnaydolem likes this.
  11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I liked your post for support...that BLOWS! I am sorry

12. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Thursday? Sweet, I was thinking Wednesday all this time. Not trying to give anyone a heart attack Haha! I will see if I can move stuff around to be there. :)

13. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    For everyone working the tables : Okay, so prize wheel goods and all 35.5 pounds of candy have been delivered to the Convention Center. Some items are in baggies and some I left in original packaging for ease of transport. I did not have time to divide everything by category for the prize wheel, but please keep in mind that (I know I am preaching to the choir here) that RMFF is volunteer driven so our budget is small. Consider keeping larger prize wheel goods (toys etc.) for the boxes that are landed on less frequently or the trench run. I would not be surprised if we would run out in a day otherwise.

If my memory serves, there are 4 categories. I listed the breakdown below. This is estimated of course as we get a feel for the crowd we can adjust accordingly. he-guy may be able to elaborate more on the wheel. I realize many of you know this, but for our newest members I remember coming in a bit blind and had to learn as I went so I hope this information is helpful! I am going to try to be there as soon as possible tomorrow. I will most definitely be there before my shift. MOST IMPORTANT... have fun guys! I am so excited to see you all there. :)

Lvl 1: Small/Med tattoos and stickers. Lvl 2: Large stickers and tattoos. Lvl 3: Small prize (candy/pencil) tattoo or sticker. Trench Run: Winner can choose a single toy/unique item or two regular items i.e. candy and large tattoo.

The candy is a large variety so use best judgement to spread out among the boxes if needed. If anyone has any last minute input on the distribution of items please do share. I know we like to try to make it last as long as possible. I suspect as like every year Comic con will have grown in numbers and between shifts there will certainly be children that stop by more than once. :)

corran_r9 and DieWompRatDie like this.
  14. thebreadnappa

Sep 14, 2012
    For anyone who still needs to pick up their badge:
    Scott M will be outside by the exhibitor entrance (across from which wich) until 10:00. After that, you will need to message me. Find me on Facebook (Geoffrey May), text/phone 469.831.1341

15. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Hey guys, should anyone check in. I will look tomorrow, but if anyone working the table can look for a childrens black baseball cap with cartoon style Star Wars characters on it, Fidelity lost hers. I am going to guess she just left it there so whoever picked up may have seen it. I am guessing maybe the Galactic Academy folks may have picked it up. :) She is pretty upset she lost it. Thanks!
    '

16. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Great first day! Trivia panel was a blast!

ladyblues and DieWompRatDie like this.
  17. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    The table has a gap in sign-ups with no one Sunday from 4-6. If anyone can drop by to help fill even a portion of this slot, it would be much appreciated!

Posting on behalf of the @breadnappa

18. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    If anyone is interested in covering until 5, I'd be in favor of breaking down the table at that time.

19. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Kudos all around guys. I am wiped, but I feel all was a success! I hear the other panels were as well. :)

ladyblues, he-guy and DieWompRatDie like this.
  20. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Thanks so much for help manning the table and the whole SW Experience area! We appreciate your help and dedication in spreading the word about the RMFF and our panels!

AuttyBot and nnaydolem like this.