main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Jesus actually ****ing WHAT?

[​IMG]

3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    People will believe that.

4. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    VadersLaMent likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    [​IMG]

Do people actually pay any attention to history? Please somebody clue the blonde idiot in at the end of that convo that Hanoi Hilton wasn't owned by Paris' grandfather.

[​IMG]

JFC....

6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

I've had folks whisper like this to me. I guess they thought I "was cool" Yet now this sort of thing has become so blatant.

7. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    ^Grrr

VadersLaMent likes this.
  8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm far from being a fan of McCain's politics, but it has been just sickening to see the way people have been trampling all over his military service and the intense torture he went through. I thought Trump would take a hit when he made those disparaging remarks about McCain and how soldiers who got captured shouldn't be called heroes, but he didn't. And now it's just all out in the open. Again, I'm not commenting on the war itself or the military actions the US took or on a lot of his political career. But it just really gets to me that people who haven't suffered a day in their lives are basically spitting on the fact that he went through hell on earth because he wanted to serve his country.

I once thought the military was kind of the third rail; not the military complex, but the soldiers themselves. But now Trump is leading the way in turning on them and downplaying the dangers and stresses and suffering of soldiers and the Right seems totally cool with it. I guess, at the end of the day, I should have seen this coming. Lip service is one thing, but the government has been throwing away soldiers' lives for decades now. I guess it was only a matter of time until the lip service stopped too. But I can't believe the general American public is cool with this bull****. Soldiers who get captured aren't "heroes." Trump says he'll honor dead soldiers "when I can." Good lord. I'd really love to see some of the people who are pissed about ballplayers disrespecting the flag would speak up about Trump and his cronies straight up disrespecting the SOLDIERS themselves.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

There it is. The smartest thing I'll read all day.

EDIT: Literally happening right now, MSNC talking about Trump and his military comments, on Fox they have people talking about disrespecting the anthem.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  12. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Oh, when it's time to beat the war drums once again, they'll go right back to "support the troops!" and fake indignation at any dissent. "Are you denigrating our men and women in uniform?!" They'll conveniently forget all the things they said now. They're shameless, purely and simply.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I don't get how they can be sued. Shockingly, he successfully sued other colleges. You can have all the free speech you want, a college does not have to give you a venue. Bill Maher doesn't seem to understand that either.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I guess because it's a state college and ergo they feel a 'government' entity that can't curtail free speech vs a place like Regent university which was privately founded by Pat Roberton and ergo, Regent can bar anybody they want from speaking there.

15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I am not familiar enough with hate speech laws and why this clown would be allowed to speak at a state college.

Since they were concerned about public safety, I guess this goes along with it. In Kentucky there is an attempt to help people who run over protesters get away with it.

We have a full on attempt at tyranny in this country.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Remember, people like this have power over millions of voters.

I don't know why religious leaders are against the Taliban, when they want the same things.

SO here's the quote:

If a woman wears sexually suggestive clothing around a man is that not also sexual assault? Men are visually stimulated and unwanted stimulation should meet the basic definition of assault. I am not condoning bad behavior by men but women need to understand that by walking around in their little sister’s skirt they are guilty of indecent visual assault on a man’s imagination which does cause mental anguish and torment especially on men who really are trying to live in harmony and respect toward women; something made more difficult when every ripple and curve are exposed to the men around you. Something to think about.

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I know the first thing I feel when I see an attractive woman is "mental anguish & torment."

I mean, I feel like maybe there are some other issues at play with this guy. And, by the way, I've never had a hard time balancing finding women sexually attractive and treating them with respect. It's called "not being a ******* animal." This is more of that stuff Tracy is referring to when she says that sexism is harmful to both men and women; it's just more propagation of the ridiculous idea that men are somehow incapable of rational thought or acceptable behavior every time they see an attractive woman.

Abadacus, Valairy Scot and Juliet316 like this.
  18. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    It's not at all surprising for me. Sexism and misogynism is inherent in all abrahamitic religions. American Evangelicals do have the same bronze age ethics as radical Islamists. They only hate each other because they disagree about certain aspects of their imaginary friend.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    . I am not condoning bad behavior by men but women need to understand that by walking around in their little sister’s skirt they are guilty of indecent visual assault on a man’s imagination which does cause mental anguish and torment especially on men who really are trying to live in harmony and respect toward women; something made more difficult when every ripple and curve are exposed to the men around you.

So yeah, men can't control their urges and it's all you wimmins fault!!!

VadersLaMent likes this.
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Well that Environmental Protection Agency sure needs an overhaul. What could we use to modify it?

Oh I know, let's use the Bible

“In the book of Joshua there is a story about Joshua leading the people of Israel into the promised land after Moses passed away,” Pruitt said. “And Joshua says to the people of Israel choose this day whom you’re going to serve. And I would say to you this is sort of like the ‘Joshua Principle’ that as it relates to grants to this agency, you are going to have to choose either service on the committee to provide counsel to us in an independent fashion or you can choose grants, but you cannot do both.”
    What the “Joshua Principle” means for the EPA is that scientists who receive agency grants for their research are now barred from serving on any of its independent advisory boards. This opens the door to more industry and political representation on the Clean Air Scientific Advisory Committee, the Board of Scientific Counselors (BOSC), and the Science Advisory Board (SAB).

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    *Heavy sigh*

It's a combination of being dumb and knowing your base is dumb that you can spew this sort of thing.

Fossil fuels can make your car go, make trains go, make planes fly, and stop sexual assault

"But also from the standpoint of sexual assault, when the lights are on, when you have light that shines, the righteousness, if you will, on those types of acts," Perry said. "So from the standpoint of how you really affect people's lives, fossil fuels is going to play a role in that. I happen to think it's going to play a positive role."

23. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    What the actual ****...?

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    "The righteousness". That's all you need to get votes.

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002