main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Descent Into The Dark (EU, Yoda 300 years before TPM)--*Complete* Replies 7/31- Link to EotD posted!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Souderwan, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Author?s note: It?s Friday and I have no post to update!! :_| I?m already missing the process of writing this story, though I do have a sense of completion as well. I hope that makes sense. Thank you all for the most amazing responses I have ever received. You all have made this endeavor the most rewarding writing experience I?ve ever had. Thank you all!

Quick Admin Note: Some of you have expressed an interest in being notified when I start my next story, Edge of the Darkness. Due to a dread I have of sending unsolicited PMs, below is a list of people I think are interested in being PMd. I you?re on the list by mistake, please let me know and I?ll update my PM list. If you?re not on the list and want to be on it, just do the old PM thing or post here and I?ll update. Thanks again.

List of people interested in PMs:

Baby_Death_Star
    Cobranaconda
    GrandAdmiralV
    Jedi_Hsoj
    Lord_Zeron
    Talon_Kenobi

Now?on to replies! :D

Darth_ShadowHawk: That Yoda sure is one darn insightful um person from Migruna.

*chuckle* I think the term you?re looking for is ?Migru?. :p

I like how you put the connection between Yoda and Anakin, because during the movies we always see Yoda's powerful side. Never his vulnerable side. I really like that.

Thanks. I?m glad you liked seeing a softer side to our favorite Jedi Master.

Jedi_Hsoj: Yay!! Thanks for delurking! I?m honored to read your response!

You are one of the most gifted writers I have read on this forum.

[face_blush] Thank you so much!

Kudos to you for your great story telling and graphic detail that makes the characters as real as they are in the movies. Thank you.

Thank you. I am honored.

PM me when you begin the new chapter in your other story.
    I?m assuming you mean when I start Edge of the Darkness? I?m honored and will make sure to do so. :D

Talon_Kenobi: I applaud you, that was great.

Thank you! I?m happy that you enjoyed the work.

Yoda really tried and I guess he did succeed, although it involved a lot of sacrifice.

Well, I suppose the idea that Yoda succeeded is a matter of point of view. In canon, Anakin turned to the dark side and the Galaxy fell into two decades of darkness before Obi-Wan and Yoda?s influence helped give Luke the tools to bring Vader back to the Light. He was probably more successful in my AU universe, but then he didn?t have very much to do with those events at first. As he realized in the end, he could only wait.

And I will let you know when I start Edge of the Darkness. Thanks for your interest.

excellion_razor: excellent ending to a wonderful fic. Kuddos to you!

Thank you! I am honored to have had you for the trip.

TelannaTani: Welcome!! [:D] I?m so happy to have you here!
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    Thanks! :D
    Wow! You finished up quickly. I?ll take that as a good sign! *grin*

Thank you for leading me through my first encounter in "Before the Saga" fan fiction.

Thank you for reading.

Because I just began and read through this story, it is impossible for me comment on every bit and piece that touch or gouged me during this tremendous journey.

I?m honored you enjoyed it enough to respond! I hope I didn?t do too much gouging. :p

Even as I PMed you half way through the story, I could never have dreamed the extent to which you would ultimately go to connect this story with the movies, stories and plotlines we so know and love (or hate). Every detail, from the Sith'ari to the familial connection of Mace Windu and his relationship with Yoda - every detail was perfect.

[face_blush] Thank you. I still chuckle at your PM when I think of it. I?m glad the story was able to move you as it did.

You claim your stories are dark and deep - and perhaps they are. But in my opinion, it is the depth of the story - and the depth of the darkness from which Yoda em

2. Darth_Vastor

Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    Jedi warriors.

A mere two decades ago, the two words would never have appeared together so casually. But now the HoloNet was filled with stories of the heroic exploits of the Jedi warriors that fought so gallantly to protect the galaxy from the scourge of the CIS. And no other Jedi warrior was better known than Anakin Skywalker, the Hero With No Fear. Tales of his feats were rapidly becoming the stuff of legend. He and Obi-Wan represented the new face of the Jedi Order.

The galaxy had truly changed.

Now that's an understatement right there. Seriously though, the galaxy has been changing ever since Yoda fell to the darkness and managed to pull back. I love how you conveyed that in Yoda's reflections how rapid this change has been for him. He recognizes that everyone has been a pawn in the greatest game ever played.

Yoda sensed that Skywalker?s greatest weakness was his inability to completely surrender his will to the Force. It was a flaw that Yoda once carried in his core as well. For Skywalker, the Force was a tool, not a guide. It was a mechanism by which he made the impossible seem mundane. It was the pathway to the salvation of those who depended on him?but never the pathway to saving himself.

Anakin Skywalker never considered the possibility that he, himself, might need saving.

You just nailed the crux of Anakin's flaw right here. A lot of people suggest that the reason he fell was his attachments or his pride, but I think that this explanation is so much more consistent with everything that GL was trying to convey. You adress the concept very well in FOTS, so it's great to see it here.

Three masters of the Force stood in the massive room?a triumvirate of power around which the future of the galaxy would be decided. The Force was a torrent of rage and a desire for vengeance flowing from Windu and the Shadow with equal potency. Skywalker stood between them, a volcano of fear ready to erupt.

I NEED HIM!

The One Point.

The idea of The One Point is a great one. It fits in the idea of balance, of the heart of the conflict ... everything. Your description of it are amazing.

?To the One Point, you go, Mace.? Yoda lifted his eyes and stared intently at his closest friend. ?Rest on your decisions, the fate of the galaxy does. Act as a Jedi throughout this conflict, you must.?

Oh, the foreshadowing. This is a wonderfully ironic statement, given that we all know what happens.

The blue tinged hologram evaporated and Yoda stared out at the vista of Kashyyyk as it was rocked by explosions and blaster fire. No longer the center of the battle between Light and Dark, Yoda took solace in the knowledge that he had done everything he could to prepare the Order for its greatest test. He could not see past the One Point, no matter how fiercely he had meditated on it.

He could only wait?

And so the torch has been passed. Yoda has done his part, and it is up to the next generation to continue the struggle that Yoda began all those years ago.

Souderwan, this story has been an absolutely phenomenal read. I've never discovered a story that went so deep into Yoda's background and gave such an intricate and believable portrayal of his character. George Lucas couldn't have done it any better. I've already said that I consider this story canon, and these last few chapters have only reaffirmed that. I would be thrilled if you could put me on the PM list for Edge of the Darkness.

Thank you my friend, for your all of your incredible work.

*Gives a standing ovation* =D= =D= =D=

3. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I think it should go without saying that I would like to be added to the PM list for the next story!

4. Ragozy

Ragozy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    I know, I look the fair-reader friend, but I promised myself I wouldn?t answer up until I?d finished. I was distracted, but am going to stick with what I do best. Reading wonderful stories.

Not a Yoda-fan, I found him wonderfully characterized. You?ve found him, that illusive sometimes arrogant Master Jedi. Excellent! Put me on your list for the next episode!

5. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Upping just for sport.

Oh, and can I be on the PM list for next time? Just in case I forgot to ask...

Thanks, Souderwan!

*~Telanna~*

6. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Well, the awards season is upon us again...

You know how, before the Oscars adverts appear everywhere offering works "for your consideration..."?

Well, I think this exceptional story (which as far as I can tell fits into the required time frame) has been under-rewarded, and so I offer it for your consideration on the Before the Saga Fanfic Awards thread... quite, I must hastily add, without the knowledge of our esteemed but modest author, who most likely will whack me with Yoda's gimer stick when he finds out I've left these footprints on his thread! [face_laugh]

Anyway, I find this tale epical and quite distinctive in its all-aroundedness. Not to mention canonical in its Yodaness and original in its Rizzaness. :p

*runs, hoping others will follow...*

7. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    All: Hey everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been around the boards much. I have read all your responses but I've been dragged all over the place lately with DRL and have literally been stopping by just to R&R a few fics here and there. Thank you all for your support for the Summer Awards. I really appreciate the love. This story has been a real labor of love and I'm honored that any of my readers, few as there are, were moved enough by it want to nominate it for consideration. [:D]

Darth_Vastor: First off, let me just say how much I've appreciated all your responses over the course of this story. You, like most of my readers, really made writing this story a real joy.

Now that's an understatement right there. Seriously though, the galaxy has been changing ever since Yoda fell to the darkness and managed to pull back. I love how you conveyed that in Yoda's reflections how rapid this change has been for him. He recognizes that everyone has been a pawn in the greatest game ever played.

Thank you so much. I agree with you completely about how much the Jedi were manipulated. And I think you're right about when things began to change. Yoda didn't pick up on how the Sith went after them--starting with politics, then moving to public opinion, and then taking on seducing the Jedi (the Lost Twenty).

You just nailed the crux of Anakin's flaw right here. A lot of people suggest that the reason he fell was his attachments or his pride, but I think that this explanation is so much more consistent with everything that GL was trying to convey. You adress the concept very well in FOTS, so it's great to see it here.

Thank you very much! Yes, I have never believed that attachments, in and of themselves, lead people to the dark side. A lack of acceptance leads to the dark side.

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference."

The idea of The One Point is a great one. It fits in the idea of balance, of the heart of the conflict ... everything. Your description of it are amazing.

Thank you very much. To give credit where it is due, I encountered the concept in geo3's amazing Anakin's Saga, particularly the latest installment, Ring Of Fire (highly recommend it). I'm glad you appreciate it as much as I did!

Oh, the foreshadowing. This is a wonderfully ironic statement, given that we all know what happens.

*grins sheepishly* Yeah...I tend to like to do that... ;)

And so the torch has been passed. Yoda has done his part, and it is up to the next generation to continue the struggle that Yoda began all those years ago.

Yes. I've always been a fan of the passing on of knowledge, experience, and most importantly, responsibility. Yoda has reached that point (he did it later in canon with Luke) and I find those moments to be necessary and poignant. I'm glad you liked it.

Souderwan, this story has been an absolutely phenomenal read. I've never discovered a story that went so deep into Yoda's background and gave such an intricate and believable portrayal of his character. George Lucas couldn't have done it any better. I've already said that I consider this story canon, and these last few chapters have only reaffirmed that. I would be thrilled if you could put me on the PM list for Edge of the Darkness.

I'm honored beyond words, my friend. Thank you very, very much. Responses such as these are more wonderful and fulfilling than any awards could ever be. *bows deeply* Thank you.

And yes, you're on the PM list. ;)

TelannaTani: Thanks for the "up"! Didn't bring out any of the old readers, but I really appreciate the gesture. :D And yes, you're officially on the PM list! :D

geo3: I think it should go without saying that I would like to be added to the PM list for the next story!

*grin* Well, I didn't want to presume....thank you!

Well, the awards season is upon us again...

You know how,

8. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Phantoms

The image began to fade. The more Yoda tried to resolve the image, to try and grasp at the details, the more quickly the vision dissipated.

Cold.

A dark cloud wrapped itself around the image?.

Yoda opened his eyes wide.

Okay, that gave me shivers and there wasn?t even a great mystery attached! Just great writing.=D=

Your version of Anakin?s testing is incredible, all things considered. It certainly makes Yoda?s dire pronouncements make much, much more sense than they did in the movie. In the movie he seemed cold and harsh, here he simply seems? Yoda?ish. (and, yes, that is a word ? because I said so!)

Yoda fumed. ?Have to do nothing, but outlive you all, I do!?

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] That. Was. Hilarious. It brought us back to the crotchety old puppet on Dagobah that we all know and love. ::wipes tears from eyes::

?Mmmmm...always two there are,? he whispered, scrutinizing Mace?s face as he spoke. ?No more, no less. A Master and an apprentice.?

Mace glanced sidelong at Yoda, an unspoken question in his eyes.

Ha! Questions, indeed. I look forward to that revelation, whom ever he chooses to tell it to. IF he tells, that is. Let?em all wonder.

The Face of the Dark Side

I wondered where and how Yaddle would figure into Yoda returning to the Jedi. Now I am curious to know even more. She helped Yoda then, but what does she think of the now. The consequences of her choice?

Your moments with ?Liam? were the perfect interlude.

Anakin? Was his cry for Anakin because of the vision he had? The vision, I guessing here so bear with me, was a distraction for Yoda. A taunt. The hand that erased the archives still needed to remain hidden. I think. Help out, here, will ya?

Yoda, Yoda, Yoda. One wonders what would have happened if he simply told Anakin that he knew what had happened. Would the confrontation have jolted? Eased the burden of guilt at all? Helped deny Palpatine the hold over him that was slowly gaining strength?

Skywalker needed attachments.

When his mother died, Padmé Amidala had filled the void.

She was Skywalker?s anchor.

She was his Migruna.

Nothing must ever happen to disrupt that connection.

Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt. :eek: Yoda knew and understood. So why the HECK did he turn Anakin away when he came to him in ROTS? If you haven?t written that already, then you had better get busy, bucko.

The One Point

First of all: How many epilogues does a story need? Seriously, Brian. I keep writing all these reviews for ?final posts? and you keep coming back with more. At least they are frelling good.

DRAT! You are always a step ahead of us, aren?t you? Nicely, nicely done. It still has the feel that mistakes were made, because of course they were, but you lend credence and (more importantly) understanding to what is perceived as the greatest failing of the greatest Jedi Master ever.

Bravo.=D= Bravo.

Zonoma

9. Art_Of_War

Art_Of_War Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 9, 2005
    So that's it. *Sigh*

I knew that eventually this story of yours that I have read day in and day out-with barely restrained glee- would come to an end. That by merely typing that first word, "Freedom", there would have to be an ending. But oh what an ending, one that draws the readers back to the place where so much thought and emotion was first conceived. The navel of the world at which FoTS and DitD were born.

I could talk for hours about how this story inspired me; how the conglomeration of your wonderful characters, heartfelt emotions and the interwoven philosophy made this story so much more than fanfiction...

But all those things have already been said, and detailed in far greater depth, by all the other members of the board who decided to follow through on this tale to the end. So I leave you to their insightful readings into the text which say all that I wished I could say...

Save for this final remark I wish to bestow upon this marvelous story.

True greatness.

Thank you for this priceless treasure.@};-

Art

10. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Dude, Art beat me to everything I was going to say. Well that's what I get for being a slacker.

There is one thing I can add. When I came to the boards last November I had no idea what I'd find. I've been staggered by some of the writing here. When I first found this story I was drawn in by a character that I'd always thought of as an impenetrable enigma. What you've done is explore that enigma in a way that I'd never considered. You made him real and compelling. Now I'm sure this has all been said, but it's my turn and I'm going to do it anyway.[face_mischief]

I wondered at first if you were just showing off your virtuosity by delving into such a masterful characterization of this aloof and sometimes forbidding old Jedi Master. I was awed by your skill. But as I read further I saw that you had a story to tell, and Yoda was the best charactor to do it. (I know - bad grammar) Now this may sound pretty elementary - I mean of course you had a story to tell. Sheesh....

But really, its not that simple. Why does someone write? Many reasons. I won't bore you with them. You knew 'em. It bacame clear - or at least that's what I thought - that there was something vital that you wanted to convey. That's when I got hooked.

So let me just say that you did. You told a masterful story - using to their fullest potential some of the most difficult characters in the genra - and you made it look easy. And the most important thing (to me anyway) your story was awesome.

Congrats On the nominations - this story deserves them. Best of luck - and when you write again I'd love to know about it, 'k?

11. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    *pokes out from behind the bush she's been hiding behind as she catches up*

Yes, I know you warned me that I'd quit receiving PMs if they went over five, but I'm still surprised (and pleased) by how much I had to read. That's what I get though, for not checking this regularily, huh? *grins apologetically*

Anyway, absolutely stunning job, SW- While Yoda is a character I appreciate in the movies, he's never been one that inspires fanfiction on my part, and so I applaud your absolutely brilliant portrayl of him. I loved seeing this younger version of him, and his struggles were utterly compelling. I can't wait to see if you've got anything more for us, of if that last post was indeed the last post- will you do something between him and Anakin? *puppy-dog eyes* I swear to read it if you do! :D

Anyhoo, bravo! I am in awe of your writing abilities, and I can't wait to see what else you come up with next! :D

Stormqueen

12. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    All: Thanks to all of you that nominated this story for the Summer FanFic Awards. [:D] I have to admit that I was more than a little surprised! I couldn?t be more honored by your show of support! I did my best to select worthy excerpts and I hope you all like them.

I love responses like these! Readers I?d thought long vanished return to tell me they?re back (and one that I didn't know was reading at all)! I couldn?t be happier! :D

Zonoma:

Phantoms Your version of Anakin?s testing is incredible, all things considered. It certainly makes Yoda?s dire pronouncements make much, much more sense than they did in the movie.

I?m glad to hear it. Part of the impetus to write this story was to help me wrap my mind around the idea that the compassionate Jedi could see so?well?uncompassionate. I came to the conclusion that it was not a lack of empathy but that they were suffering their own personal pains as well. I?m glad it worked for you.

In the movie he seemed cold and harsh, here he simply seems? Yoda?ish. (and, yes, that is a word ? because I said so!)

[face_laugh] Ok! It?s a word! *salutes*

That. Was. Hilarious. It brought us back to the crotchety old puppet on Dagobah that we all know and love. ::wipes tears from eyes::

*grin* Thank you! I like that crotchety old puppet so anything I do that alludes to him makes me a happy, happy man! :D

The Face of the Dark Side

I wondered where and how Yaddle would figure into Yoda returning to the Jedi. Now I am curious to know even more. She helped Yoda then, but what does she think of the now. The consequences of her choice?

Ahhh?but not all questions can or should be answered, no? Perhaps those very questions will inspire new stories by me or any one of the readers out there. Of course, I know what I think, but the real question is what do you think. ;)

Your moments with ?Liam? were the perfect interlude.

*smiles* Thank you.

Anakin? Was his cry for Anakin because of the vision he had? The vision, I guessing here so bear with me, was a distraction for Yoda. A taunt. The hand that erased the archives still needed to remain hidden. I think. Help out, here, will ya?

Well, that?s certainly an interpretation. As you know, I tend not to tell people that they?re getting it wrong because there are no wrong answers, just differences in interpretation. That being said, I think the cry for Anakin is the same one you heard in the movie from Qui-Gon Jinn and it seems to me that the whole experience was wholly out of the control of anyone. Perhaps it was Yoda?s unique and special (well, it might not be that unique but I don?t want to spoil later developments) connection with Anakin. Perhaps it was that Anakin?s anguish in the Force was so palpable. And perhaps, as you suggest, the Dark Ones decided it best to unveil the Force briefly in an attempt to distract Yoda from the truth.

Yoda, Yoda, Yoda. One wonders what would have happened if he simply told Anakin that he knew what had happened. Would the confrontation have jolted? Eased the burden of guilt at all? Helped deny Palpatine the hold over him that was slowly gaining strength?

Indeed. Despite (because of?) his experiences, Yoda did not come out a perfect creature. He still made some critical mistakes?with Dooku, Mace, and Yoda. Of course, what those mistakes are, is entirely up to you to decide.

The One Point

First of all: How many epilogues does a story need? Seriously, Brian. I keep writing all these reviews for ?final posts? and you keep coming back with more. At least they are frelling good.

*chuckle* Well, I?m glad you liked them. I was torn about how to do this. There was much left to say, but they were pretty much aftershocks from the earthquake. I considered posting the vignettes individually but decided it was best to keep them closely tied to the story. At least they didn?t suck. I?m glad you enjoyed them! :D

DRAT! You are always a step ahead of

13. Darth-Lutgerous

Darth-Lutgerous Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I know that I haven't posted my final post for the story. I've been very busy recently and now that I have some free time, I'll post my final comments:

The epilogues to your story were very well written and I enjoyed how you connected the events 300 years before The Phantom Menace to the events during Revenge of the Sith. Your story has shown the transformation of Yoda into the Yoda we meet in Episode I and because of what Yoda experienced during the destruction of Migruna, death of Rizza, and agreement with Dorran, he will never be the same. Only when he sees Anakin Skywalker struggling in the Jedi Order does he realize how wrong he has been for centuries and how the fate of the Jedi Order rests on his failures.

Your story has brilliantly connected to the beginning of Fall of the Sith and I enjoyed the story from the beginning to the very end. Although I wanted to know more about how Dorran acted through shadows, how he shaped the Sith Order to become the one during The Phantom Menace, and his purpose in sending Mace to the Jedi Order, I thoroughly enjoyed the story's conclusion. Fantastic job!!! =D= =D= =D=

Good luck at the summer fanfic awards and I'm looking forward to starting your last story of the trilogy!!! [face_dancing]

14. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Darth-Lutgerous: I know that I haven't posted my final post for the story. I've been very busy recently and now that I have some free time, I'll post my final comments

No worries, my friend! I'm always happy to hear from my readers regardless of when that happens.

Your story has shown the transformation of Yoda into the Yoda we meet in Episode I and because of what Yoda experienced during the destruction of Migruna, death of Rizza, and agreement with Dorran, he will never be the same. Only when he sees Anakin Skywalker struggling in the Jedi Order does he realize how wrong he has been for centuries and how the fate of the Jedi Order rests on his failures.

Yes, I agree. In many ways, Yoda molds the Order into the organization that it is in the PT. He does this with the best of intentions, but the consequences of his failures were tragic. It is only due to a twist of fate that they were less tragic in FotS...

Your story has brilliantly connected to the beginning of Fall of the Sith and I enjoyed the story from the beginning to the very end.

Thanks!! :D I'm glad to hear it!

Although I wanted to know more about how Dorran acted through shadows, how he shaped the Sith Order to become the one during The Phantom Menace, and his purpose in sending Mace to the Jedi Order, I thoroughly enjoyed the story's conclusion.

Well....the answers to those questions will only be found in Edge of the Darkness. ;)

Thanks again for the support!!

15. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Fabulous story!! You handled the difficulty of Yoda speak very well. I felt the emotions that were so integral to the story. Though I missed the clues you left in the story and was therefore shocked by the twist.

I feel that this story lays out how one becomes wise as well as powerful in the force, in order to understand the force and use it one has to experience all of it which includes the dark and seductive part of it. Well Done!

I can't wait to read more. Keep up the good work Brian!!!

16. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Awesome story.

It fits in so well with the film as well, and helps you to gain insight to Yoda that one never could before.

Awesome story dude!! Awesome :D:D:D:D:D

EG

17. DarthSilious

DarthSilious Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2006
    I'd just like to add my thanks to the chorus of approval for a truly awesome story. =D=

I've read this story straight through and can't wait to delve into the other 2 stories in this saga.

18. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Haven't finished it, but I'm loving it so far!!!

I... a.... wow! =D=

There are so many things I want to comment on that I don't even know where to begin. Yoda has always been one of my favorites and you have brought him even more to life. I... wow!

19. Skywalker3248

Skywalker3248 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Sorry I've been away for a while and missed allot of your story, Souderwan. Catching up from where I left it and reading through Rizza's skillful seduction of Yoda, to his alliance with Darth F. and the subsuquent titanic battle over Mirgura III with Rizza was amazing, seening Yoda return to the Jedi. And I loved the scenes through time afterwards, Yoda taking his place on the Council, his first meeting and his training with a younger Mace, to the appearance of Anakin, and ANakin's appearance in his chamber after his nightmare, were very well written, and make this an excellent prequel to your Revenge of the Sith story.

All together you have given our favourite green Jedi Master real depth and an interesting backstory, well done and thank you for the story!

20. Gothic_Yoda

Gothic_Yoda Jedi Master star 2

Aug 29, 2003
    An exciting read. There were times during the fic that I thought Yoda's character was beginning to stray too much away from the Yoda we know and love/hate. However, you brought everything together beautifully. I'll not try and duplicate the overwhelming praise you've received and earned by the other members here. All that I can say is that I read this story from beginning to end, until my eyes were blurry from the monitor and even that didn't stop me from going on. Bravo.

GY

21. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Believe it or not, I finally finished this! I'm glad I did because it was well worth the wait. Quite honestly it is one of the finest fan fics I've read here. My comments, I'm sure, only begin to scratch the surface of all that makes this story so wonderful, but I shall try nonetheless.

The unforgettable characters, inspiring settings and descriptions are woven into a plot with such great twists, turns, and subtleties that show why you are truly a master storyteller.

I love the way you've combined elements old and new of Yoda's character and made him your own without him ever seeming too unfamiliar. Your OC's were wonderful additions to the SW universe. It's great what you've done with established characters, making us see and think about them in new ways.

From the primeval forests of Migruna III, to the hallowed hall of the Jedi Temple you've taken us on a whirlwind journey through places so alive they were like characters unto themselves.

It was your beautifully written descriptions, however, that captivated me throughout this story. Each word so carefully chosen that the story never lost flow and illuminated it so well I felt like I was watching this rather than reading it.

Even with unforgettable characters and great settings a story would fail without a great plot. The way you've started with such a seemingly simple premise, Yoda knows the Dark Side, and expanded upon this idea and tied in so many elements of the Star Wars saga are brilliant.

This story stands as a landmark tale for Yoda and his species. It is a must-read for anyone calling themselves a Star Wars fan.

That said, it is my honor to give you my highest praise on these boards: the five-smiley applause.

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.