main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Deserves

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth Invictus, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Title: Deserves

Characters: Allana Djo Solo, Ben Skywalker.

Genre: One Shot, Drama.

Timeframe: Post Crucible, Legends.

Deserves

55 ABY

Ebaq 9

“Are you sure this is the right decision Allana?” Ben asked in reservation.

“She was the one who corrupted him, she prepared him to meet Lumiya all those years ago, she tortured him for force sake!”

Allana ignored her cousin’s protests as her father’s body was laid on the pyre, right next to the crash site, of a battle fought nearly thirty years prior.

“It doesn’t matter, it shouldn’t matter.” Allana said sternly and stoically in response.

“Yes, it does matter, she was evil!” Ben said now clearly more agitated than he had been through this whole matter.

“No, it was because of her my father defeated…he made peace with, he saved the Vong.” “Because of him, I will not have to suffer like he did.”

Ben looked confused by the comment. Allana did not bother to clarify what sort of suffering she meant.

The flames were starting to reach higher into the sky, as his body was slowly consumed, yet still his eyes remained strangely passionate, even if they were closed.

“I don’t know about what happened after the Vong war, I do know she was nearer and dearer to him than everyone. Grand Uncle Luke, Ben, you, and my grandparents alike. This is what he’d have wanted, this is what he deserves.”

“Deserves is a strange word to describe the legacy of Darth Caedus.”

“Did he deserve to have his body frozen in carbonite for the past fifteen years, simply because the Jedi and my grandparents weren’t willing to find a place to give him a proper ceremony?”

“You know why, it was politically impossible, we couldn’t burn him next to Anakin on Kashyyyk, because he burned the Wookiee homeworld, we couldn’t do it on Coruscant because we’re not welcome there, and we would not do it on Ossus because of what he did.”

“It doesn’t matter, you should have decided anyway, rather than freeze his body and avoid making a hard decision, a decision that would have forced you to evaluate where you stood, and from where you came”.

The fires were rising higher, and his dark robes and boots were beginning to melt, Allana forced herself to look on, unpleasant as the sight was.

“Would you have burned him with Lumiya too?” Ben asked, sarcastic spite in his voice.

“Yes.”

Allana looked at her older cousin, and she saw the anguish in his voice. The unresolved hate and pain.

“Why?”

“Because that’s what he deserved, he died a Sith Lord, so I am told, and Lumiya was the last mentor in his life, if not the most important to him, I did search for her body, but I never found it.”

“You need to reconsider your perspective Allana Djo Solo.” The older Jedi said, with near open menace in his voice.

“Perhaps I should, or perhaps, perhaps, just perhaps the Jedi should have appreciated what my father learned, what he sacrificed, and what his mentor taught.”

“More importantly than that, he deserves to rest with someone who cared for him.”

“But she didn’t care for him!”

“Yes, she did. And he cared for her, as a student cares for his dearest teacher, whose lessons last longer than any parent or friend.”

His body continued to burn, the smoke of the flames rising into the bright star filled sky.

“He deserves to rest, and he deserves to rest with her.”

“I owe him that.”

“He deserves that.”

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    Kahara and Anedon like this.
  2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Certianly something Jacen does deserve. Even if not for the man he became than most certianly for what he was.

Though I also couldn‘t help but agree or at least see the point of Ben‘s PoV(wich might be the first time ever in that regard...)

Nice work.

Kahara likes this.
  3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I make it ambiguous. While Ben comes across as antagonistic, nothing he says is outright wrong per se. And Allana's own motivations are also left to the reader-is she doing this out of some sense of filial loyalty? Did she discover the real holocron of vectivus and is secretly a Sith in training? Or does she just think her father deserves to rest with someone who had the most influence in his life and whom he felt the most affection? Or is she just spitting in her parents and the Jedi's eye because of youthful rebellion?

Who knows? Its up to the reader.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    Kahara likes this.