main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destinies Entwined:Jaina's Journey/Nubian Son/Unmasked Soul (AU/PT/EU)COMPLETED! *4/22*Announcement!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Aug 5, 2002.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hann315

Hang on- more coming tomorrow!

Jedi-ES

Thank you for the words of encouragement [face_blush]

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    More coming later today!

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Chapter 7

The two pilots stood looking out across the beige, barren landscape of the sandwater flats. The actual Corsdune Canyon course had closed for the day for security purposes. So Marxx decided to take Jaina out towards Beggars Canyon to test his pod. He moved things around in his racer. He?d never built it intending for 2 people to sit in it. He did have a large storage section built in behind his seat for storage of his tool chest. He pulled that out and stuck it in his X42S landspeeder. He then moved his seat backward and hopped in to see if he could get comfortable. The fit was tight, but he could still maneuver in it. Besides he didn?t plan on doing anything dangerous with his companion aboard. Jaina brought over a couple blankets from the speeder and she placed them under the seat to help extend it out. She placed her helmet on her head, and then hopped in behind Marxx. She reached up behind her and swung over the restraining belt that smashed the two in tightly together. As a result Jaina had her head squished on his shoulder, her arms tight around his waist.

?I can try something else if you are too uncomfortable,? Marxx said.

?No, I?m fine, get going fly boy.?

Marxx grinned, ?Yes M?lady. Anything you ask. Just to let you know, this ain?t your Grandfather?s pod racer, these now have built in magnetic fields that allow for more, CREATIVE racing techniques.? With that he revved up the engines. The noise deafened any sounds for miles. Jaina laughed uncontrollably, reached down and tickled Marxx?s stomach. He slightly jumped and yelled something.

?Come on, show me what this baby can do!? Jaina yelled in his ear. With that, Marxx pushed full throttle onto the racer?s controls and they shot off across the desert. Jaina laughed as the pod devoured the desert floor. Huge monoliths of rock passed under a blink of an eye. Marxx expertly guided the craft close enough to the rock formations to give Jaina the thrill of collision. Marxx delighted when he?d feel her heart race faster into his back. He also found himself consciously aware of her strong arms gripping him tightly. Having Jaina in the pod with him heightened his enjoyment of the ride, something he never would have thought possible. They flew along through the valleys of Beggars Canyon, hugging walls at ninety-degree angles. Jaina watched the passing scenery but also watched Marxx and his flying skills. Before long they were back at the landspeeder. He slowed down to a stop.

?Was that the fastest it would go??

?You a speed menace or something??

?Just wondering.? With that Marxx flew out across the desert again, this time turning on the turbo engines. Jaina had to cling to Marxx for dear life, the force of the speeder in flight nearly sent her flat against the back of the seat. She suddenly felt grateful for the harness. Jaina felt a rush of joy and wonder pass over her as the flew across the desert. As the pod raced across the sandy flats, she became consciously aware of the man she had her arms wrapped around. She savored the tingly feeling that spread throughout her as their legs touched. Marxx cut the ride short at that speed, not wishing to over exert the ship the day before the race. He slowed to a stop and killed the engines.

?No funny ideas lady,? he said as he released the harness, ?I know you?re a big shot pilot, but I can?t risk anything happening to my racer before tomorrow.?

Jaina pulled off her helmet and looked innocently at him, ?What??

He stepped out of the racer and gave her his hand, ?I saw you watching me use the controls. After I win tomorrow, you can race it all you want, OK??

Jaina smirked and snapped her fingers, ?I hoped you wouldn?t catch that.? The two worked together at hooking the racer back up to the trailer and headed back towards Mos Espa.

4. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Well I'm glad to see Jaina's need for speed hasn't diminished! ;) Great post!

*SB*

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thanks StarBlazer :)

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Han reacted to Marcxx just like I expected him to. Fun scene there.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thanks RebelMom.

Anyone else out there ready for me to post more?

8. MellowKitty

MellowKitty Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2002
    This is a really good fic!
    I'm ready for another post!

9. Jedi_Tenel_Ka

Jedi_Tenel_Ka Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2002
    This is a really great story. Please post more soon!

10. Hann315

Hann315 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    that was GREAT! I really cant wait 4 more.

~Luv Hann

11. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm caught up now.....I also think that Palo might be his grandfather......... ;)

This is getting interesting........

12. Jade_Fel_Horn

Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Great story. I'm ready for more!

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thanks everyone- I've got a big chapter coming tomorrow! :D

14. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    I'm such a sucker for stories where Luke/Leia (or in this case, their children) learn about Ani/Padme! This is a real original approach.

Keep it coming!

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Chapter 8

Marxx placed Jaina?s bag on a table and showed her around the spare room. He pointed out the refresher so she could clean up before supper. Jaina thanked him. Marxx stood at the door and gazed longingly at her before shutting it, her face slightly sunburned from their day out and about, seemed to glow with light, he etched her image into his memory.

She flopped onto the bed, grateful for the cool air that circulated. She felt exhilarated after the test drive in Marxx?s pod. The speed, the noise, and Marxx?s expertise with the controls made the experience perfectly entertaining. As she rode behind him, she felt warm, alive, and free.

Yet something else stirring inside her that she couldn?t explain, she felt an overwhelming urge to trust him. Being the child of important political leaders, and having constantly lived worrying about the motives of others, leaves little room for one to openly trust someone, especially shortly after a first meeting. In Marxx she has found something she couldn?t quite place a finger on yet, although the word comfortable comes to mind. All she knew for sure was that she wanted to get to know him better.

Jaina then got up and looked over her clothes and found that she really had nothing appropriate for meeting Marxx?s family to wear. She shrugged her shoulders and took a refreshing sonic shower. She found a robe in the closet and put it on when she heard a knock at the door. She looked at herself in the mirror quickly to see whether she was well concealed or not.

?Yes??

?Jaina?? called a woman?s voice from the other side of the door.

?Yes??

?I?m Tanella, Marxx?s sister. Can I come in for a moment??

?Sure,? Jaina said feeling rather confused. The door opened and closed and a woman a several years older than Marxx walked in. Pretty with dark hair Tanella looked a lot like Marxx, yet she was shorter, stouter and brown-eyed.

Tanella sized up the young woman standing in the room, clenching her robe tightly together. Jaina wasn?t the normal raving beauty that Marxx usually dated, although she was attractive. Tanella wondered at Marxx?s interest in this girl. ?Marxx thought you might need something to wear and he asked me to bring in a couple dresses. He requested that the whole family dress up for dinner tonight. Do you have ANY idea how odd that is??

?He doesn?t really seem like a ?dress up? kind of guy.?

?He?s not. Nor has he ever requested this of us. Mother and I dug through her old trousseau and found these. Tell me if you like any of them.? Jaina stared in disbelief at the gorgeous gowns Tanella laid out for her to inspect.

?I couldn?t wear any of these,? she whispered.

Tanella looked her over, ?I think they are about your size, they should fit.?

?I mean they are way too beautiful to wear.?

Tanella smiled, ?Well I haven?t seen you with your hair dry, but I get the feeling you?ll do the dresses justice. By the way what are you going to do with your hair??

?Do with my hair?? Jaina asked uncomfortably.

Tanella groaned, ?Oh dear lord, my brother?s found himself a tomboy to fall in love with. Come on I?ll take care of you.?

?Fallen in love with??

?My dear girl, the day Marxx agrees to put on dress shoes willingly is the day he falls in love with a woman. Trust me. He wouldn?t even wear those things to any of our funerals. If he actually dances with you, I will know it?s time to say our prayers, the universe is about to implode. He flat out refuses to act civilized.?

A half an hour later, Tanella sauntered out the room very proud of herself. Jaina stood staring at herself in the mirror in complete disbelief. She heard Marxx?s words rush through her head, ?If she was beautiful, then you certainly look like her.?

The dress she wore fell off of her shoulders with layers of gorgeous lilac silk. Tiny silk flowers dotted the bodice. She felt foolish and gloriously feminine at the same time. She didn?t recognize her hair either. With much effort, Tanella forced it into spiraling ringlets that gathered atop her head and fell d

16. Jedi_Tenel_Ka

Jun 28, 2002
    I'm really enjoying this story. You are a wonderful writer. I can't wait for more. :)

17. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Great post, I especially liked the conversation between Jaina and Marxx at the end. Tanella also sounds fun! :D

*SB*

18. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    PLJ - so when are you posting more??????

19. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    Up! Up!

20. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Great family Marcxx has. Lovely post.

21. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Great Post!

I loved how this seems to be sort of like parallel to Padmé and Anakin in a way..........I hope she finds Padmé or her spirt somehow.

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thanks guys ;) keep the comments coming.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The Pod Race is next- let me know who's all ready!

24. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Go for it, PLJ!

25. Jedi_Tenel_Ka

Jun 28, 2002
    I'm ready. I can't wait for more. ;)