main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Mars was dead on PS4 early last week. I had hell doing FP on my 3. I can’t get past 345 till tomorrow.

Hovering between 1.83-1.8 I really hate that it’s account total rather then character. Takes some of the fun out of it.

Think I’m on lvl 2. Taking a lot to move up. Not sure how many matches I’ve played but it’s been a lot of them.

Doing IB tomorrow for week. Plenty of time in S3 to get that exotic valor shell afterwards.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    ...so that's why I really, really hate Iron Banner in Destiny 2.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I think some context is needed there. :p

I logged in last night and out of possibly six-seven games, only managed one win. I dunno if the MM is so heavily SBMMd that I'm matched against massive stacked teams of sweats, but the curbstomping was thoroughly painful.

Oh yeah Saladbar, you do remember your beef with Rasputin all too well. But you still can't recall you knighted me as Iron Lord. And you're not dishing out those new emotes either. You and Tess can **** my ****.

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't think the MM changes apply to IB because it is a once month event - so, yeah, solo players are not protected against full teams.

With the competitive respawn timer (7 seconds) you run the risk of the other team spawning killing and flipping, especially on smaller maps. Which is why I hate Iron Banner. How I have a 54% win rate and a positive KD is beyond me.

5. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I’ve had a grand ole time so far. I genuinely hate the maps that Curse and now War have put up. They are small boxes within boxes.
    Shotguns suck in this game. Swords suck in this game. Rockets are cool but you only get 1 on ammo drop. Best bet on these newer maps is to use fusion rifle imo. I don’t use grenade launchers so I can’t say if they suck.

Love Bannerfall being back. I can finally use a sniper rifle again but of course they added some stupid f ing metal loop thingamahjig right where I used to use it best in D1 to take out morons on point B.

Only been completely spanked once against a full group. Was clan coded [13]. It was bad. I was lead on my side with 10 kills and a KD of .83 bruh..

Got Crimson masterwork Monday night. I use this gun on all 3 toons now.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  6. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Sigh DP cause I can’t seem to edit in games after 30 minutes or so on previous posts..

I said I was having a grand ole time even though I have only been on 3 winning teams these 2 days lol. Not getting spanked but it’s been a very fun contest so far. Hopefully I ll be a winner soon...

The IB emote... is locked in Evervesre for $10...!! I can’t even begin to say how stupid I find this move by them after the outcry from fans. What a set of brass balls they have to do this!! My mind is blown that you can’t unlock this by doing IB. Surely the outcry this move unleashes from IB nuts will make them put in rewards before S3 ends?!?! Holy crap Bungie..

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I can understand that the studio needs to make some revenue between releases and that the changes to Eververse were mostly positive. But this...yeah, this is a tonedeaf dick move. I know it's just an emote but it's awfully predatory to actually sell the f'ing thing at $10 in the midst of the Iron Banner event. It should be a grindable reward if not an RNG drop within the playlist. Oh Bungo, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. You take one step forward but always taking three steps back in the process.

Tried a few matches last night and only won one because almost the entirety of the opposite team left early during the middle of a match when things weren't swinging their way. Luckily, I happened to be the sole solo player among a team from a local clan. So yeah, that's the problem right there for most solo players and it kinda sucks. If you're not in a clan or latching yourself to a good team via LFG or whatever, IB is gonna be rough for the rest of the week as stacked teams of sweats steamroll over you.

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm just doing the daily bounty, getting my 15 tokens and heading the Lord Saladin to rank up. That's it. Start of the week wasn't bad, but the stacked teams are starting to hit IB as we come close to the weekend. Given the population is so low at the moment, we're mainly left with the hardcore crowd when it comes to PVP. I hear its pretty brutal on PC atm with every match being a close game or crushing mercy.

The only gun worth getting from IB is Gunnora's Axe aka Felwinter's Lie slug version btw. Pray Saladin gives it to you when ranking up.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Gunnora dropped for me the other night. TBH, I'm only grinding IB for the armor ornaments so that I can change my main's IB getup from a mongol barbarian to Lothlorien elf. But the grind is ridiculously brutal.

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Screw those ornaments - the grinds are insane.

11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    What damn lvl do you have to be on for things to finally begin dropping at 341?!? I can max out each toon to 347 after this weeks FP. Thought that would do the trick just in time for IB drops but I’m stuck with 340 still.

Have been on 4 winning teams. I’m completely spanking challengers mostly but my teams don’t perform well.

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    You have to do your milestones. All of them. Best bet is to run the raid since you'll be getting high powered engrams at the end of each encounter. If you main only one character, yeah, the process is slow. I'm a filthy casual in the sense I don't have that much time to play and only like to run my main, so I'm content to grind it out throughout the summer.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    @JEDI-SOLO

When you reach 385, that's when items drop at your power level. Below that, everything is - 10 ( or -5 with mods).

I'm 361. I only main one character now (zero point running all three classes now).

My weekly ritual is:
    • Flash point
    • Nightfall (normal)
    • Clan (but don't collect it due to current bug. It will automatically at reset)
    • Call To Arms
    • Strike milestone
    • Nightfall (prestige)

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I think I'd rather try to join a final raid checkpoint than run three awful strikes high leveled strikes that offer worthless blues just for the sake of one or two powerful purples from Vuvuzela when you're through. D2 strikes are simply so meh. And Exodus Down, just the worst.

Edit: I think that ultimately, what ruins any enjoyment out of strikes and raid encounters is the goddam weapon system and ammo economy. Take for example the final Argos encounter. Imagine how much better that encounter would be if you had at your disposal a special weapons slot where you could use a shottie or fusion to quickly dispatch those f'ing minotaurs, and then use your favorite rocket launcher or the new popular girl DARCI to do DPS on that overgrown hydra. Same thing with would apply to strikes and the aforementioned Exodus strike with that cheap bastard of a final boss. The two primary + one heavy slot was purposefuly designed for pvp balance but it ruined endgame experiences for both environments. Destiny 2 will never be truly fixed until that godawful design decision is flushed down the toilet and something better or as close as possible to D1 is brought back.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  15. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Urgh I don’t do that stuff! Except FP. Didn’t know I had to complete them to break the barrier. Blah I thought the Light lvl itself was the barrier.

6 winning teams

I want Battle Scar!

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Welp, then prepare to grind for quite awhile. Right now, endgame content is the only sure fire way to level up.

17. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I have since attempted several times to do the heroic strikes. Talk about frustrating! It’s got Blackout with no radar and instant melee kills. Went back to IB in a huff! Hopefully that’s not on next week.. it’s kinda fun and hectic at 1st being kept on your toes with no radar but that damn melee thing can go to hell! Lol

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Blackout is a regular modifier for heroic strikes. For some reason, Bungie doesn't want us steamrolling them.

As Invidious said, increasing power level can only come through doing your milestones - Bungie changed it to stop levelling coming from farming exotic engrams and world drops. You can no longer hit max power by just doing public events.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Completed competitive milestone. So long... didn’t go good for my side lol. Started on Heroic strike since blackout wasn’t active today. Grounded is pretty brutal to. I learned to run everywhere haha. Will try to finish that today but got 2 more to do. I want to play IB though.

Only turning in engrams when Battle Scar is offered. Have not seen anyone with this gun yet in PvP.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Battle Scar is currently sitting in my vault.

21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I’ve enjoyed full auto pulse rifles since D1. If it’s in vault I take it it’s not to great?

Finished strikes on 2 toons. It’s brutal to complete this at 347 but oh so fun sometimes when not paired with idiots.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Got another two Battle Scars today.

It's good, but I have better weapons.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Welp, this IB was a bust. One of the worst I've endured based on losing streak alone. We get it Bungie: you don't want anyone solo queuing your Destiny PVP. Well, **** that and **** you too.

24. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Played the heck out of Warmind since it arrived. Not yet received a single exotic catalyst...

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Your RNG game is weak. :p

So far I've gotten catalysts for Vigilance Wing, Crimson, Tractor Cannon and DARCI. Only got the first two masterworked because it is a hell of a grind for each as each gun as its PVP or PVE requirements to complete the process.