main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Picked up Trinity Ghoul from a red bar doing PE on mars yesterday.

Man this thing is almost broken if you know how to aim in PvE

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I find its perk to be kinda inconsistent. That or perhaps that it is a bit too situational in order for it to properly proc.

3. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Bruh this attention bar spam is just to much now.

I’ve not even been able to properly get to tower yet. Keeps throwing me back to orbit.

4. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    After todays update?

I had that attn bar wicked bad after i posted about it last week and then the next day I was loading into everything 3-4x faster than ever before. Seens to have gone back to normal as of last night though

5. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Yeah. The bar is really bad today. Getting orbited every time I try for tower with Guitar code. I just wanna see Dawning stuff.

6. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Jus read bungie forums/Twitter:

Apparently one of the back end updates was to fix a medley of last weeks constant error codes, which subsequently has broken the game for most everyone (Bungle). Looks like they already implemented a fix and some people saying its a little more stable.

7. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I've had absolutely no connection issues, thankfully. Quite enjoyed what little of the Dawning I've done so far. Having Eva Levante back is nice. She's like your fave Nan who lets you bake and make a mess in her kitchen. Plus mixing the recipes gives you a reason to revisit old locations to get ingredients. It's hardly rigorous but it makes a change from churning out milestones.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I love love love the Warlock armor. I hate hate hate the Titan and especially the Hunter ones. That Hunter cloak hood....barf

9. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Not too fond of the Warlock body armour, but I love the helmet and legs. Especially in Ancient Republic (my shader of choice).

10. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Soooo i joined a clan Last Wish run as a pug that needed some pew pew power (they did mechanics and said pew pew things and occasionally throw a tether) (not my clan)

Kalli mechanics- Awesome fun fight

Shuro chi mechanics-Awesome fun fight. (could have used less of the same phases though)

Morgeth mechanics- Awesome fun fight

Vault mechanics- Awesome fun fight, nice to have a laid back section mechanically and just pew pew for a breather

Riven mechanics- Bungle done screwed up. This fight has so many things going on at once im surprised you cant bring 12 people in, controlled by a 13th one with a top down RTS command interface. At this point they said they had never cleared this part, and they sure didnt yesterday either. After about 2 hours of getting to first dmg phase and then wiping i left.

Riven looked super cool though. Actually looked like some Locust monster instead of Destiny

Edit: Probably keep raiding for that armor set, i got boots/helmet/chest on hunter and it is absolutely beautiful, and my alma mater colors :)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    You mean...your raid group tried doing Riven legit? LOL. Haven't they heard of the cluster rocket strat? It's a cheese yeah, but honestly, doing Riven legit has WAY too many moving parts for my patience. It's much worse than Oryx and that was very mechanically heavy fight. Bungie has subbed the last couple of raids to High Moon studios and while they have done some spectacular work in some encounters, the mechanics on the boss encounters have been arse.

12. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Do the Oracle bounty and head to Mara's little hangout ASAP. Check the table to the left as you go in (where the pyramid ships were a few weeks back). You shan't regret it.

13. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I ll have to cheat and look up these recipes. I’m tired of cooking countless burnt cookies for Rahool.

14. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Yeah they said they knew rocket strat, but wanted their first LW raid to be legit.

Oh well, my clan is running every raid Sunday back to back in a pre christmas raid-a-thon so ill prob join them for EoW, SoS, LW, and SotP.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    A quick google search will post you to the recipe list, though there are some older posts that list incorrect ingredient combos. Try to find the most recent official lists.

Never done it legit. I figure there's little to no point atm to spend so much time in that encounter when most folks just want to do the raid in an hour or less. I figure you have no choice to do so if you want to try the flawless Petra Run but I don't see myself doing that either. The badges require just too much rng and precious time for me to care that much about 'em.

Yeah, I'm feeling particularly salty, because the quest to unlock the Izanagi forge is simply ridiculously, tediously long, boring and just with the right amount of bs to make me log off the game till late January. I just want the Last Word quest at this point and just forget about everything else.

16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I got 3 different exotics on 2 toons last night within 35 minutes of each doing public events on Nessus.

That rate was pretty wild. Never happened to me before.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  17. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Yeah they definitely upped the rate.

Ive gotten every exotic armor i was missing on my hunter and almost every exotic weapon not quest related in the last 2 weeks. I imagine if i cared about my titan or warlock id have some of theirs too.

Not sure if anyone here reads TWAB, but their matchmaking/ servers skills are so strong that if your internet sucks they are just going to ban you instead now.

Really not sure why no one i play with daily cares about that part.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  18. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I didn’t get to play with yet as I got right as my Ambien was kicking in for bed but the last one I got was the arms for Hunter that were supposed to be super good for new solar. Has it been nerfed yet or still as good as they were?

19. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Yeah your basically god with those. I can solo BW tier 3 with them, and if you have enough stacks in gambit your basically a 1 man army againat the primeval.

Hands down my favorite specific super exotic in D1 or D2.

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Shards is good. Just very inconsistent. Sometimes a barrage against a pve trash mob will only fill your super bar to the brim...or just barely. Sometimes against one or a few yellow bars will result in the same inconsistent results. don't know the exact formula to maximize the exotic perks, but it just strikes me as very inconsistent. In Mayhem, one barrage against a pvp opponent will basically give you infinite supers.

21. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Finally unlocked izanami forge. You werent joking, this was an all day BS grind.

No way im doing these on my other two toons.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  22. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I’m little more then a red barred gnat in this IB. Getting stomped by those 640+ at 598 with no where near the skill I had in PvP prior to my PS4 fry a few months ago.

This IB is very similar to the 1st RoI IB where people were 40 Light above me and I got slapped around.

23. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Your my fav target in IB.

Played a few matches with clan a little while ago, with Pl ranging from 580 to me at 647. It matched us with all 600-ish PL players. It was a slaughter, got allost all my IB “kills during power play” in 3 games. The rest of the IB bounties are just time consuming.

Also got Le Monarque as my firet drop of the week from Gofannon forge.Canmate really hyped it up but it feels underwhelming.

24. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Completely burnt out.

Black Forge was a waste of my $. Still haven’t even been able to do it. I don’t have the time to grind out every single daily and weekly crap for powerful gear and when I do get some the rng screws me over by giving same slot rewards 4-5 times in a row when just one other slot would help bump up Power. Haven’t broken 600 yet.

So burnt out I’m sitting IB out(not like I can compete anyway this low) and IB is my Destiny jam.

25. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Yeah im feeling the same.

Probably going to pop on to do the weekly forges and after that put it down until more quests come out.

Ive got everything for my hunter and i dont really enjoy my titan or warlock so im probably going to take a long break.

Started a playthrough of Star Ocean 3 and ill probably play 4 right after....should be new stuff in destiny by the time im done.