main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I just find it a bit dumb that they put IB on over Christmas when so many people travel. Will there be another IB before the next season reset?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Oh yeah definitely. This was the first S5 IB. There will be one in Jan and one in Feb before the seasons go to S6 in March.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Decided to delete my Titan and Warlock because 1) I've never cared for either class and 2) I wish to cut down my time with this game. BA has been mostly disappointing filler content to the point I don't even care that much to tackle the new raid. I think I'll finish work on at least the two closest titles (Wayfarer ad Dredgen) and take a break until the new dlc drop.

4. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I'm also taking a break, I think. Might check in with Mara's court after the next reset, but beyond that I may wait a while. It's feeling more like an obligation at the moment than anything especially fun. Which considering I've been playing pretty solidly since Forsaken launched isn't too surprising. Plus I've just got God of War and crikey, that's a damn good game.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, I've a bit of a backlog as well but nowhere near as good since I'm a stupid Xbot. I'll try to go back into Hellblade and Doom '16.

6. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Niobe labs open today, supposedly streamers figuring it out.

Kind of hard to follow at work but at least we wont have a masive grind for the 4th Forge

7. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I just can’t bring myself to grind atm but I had better get with it if I want to do the next IB ugh. Man I didn’t even play last week other then to get on just to grab my clan engrams. That marked the 1st time I’ve ever skipped out on flash points and plus I didn’t finish the FP on my Titan the week before as I was so burnt out after doing Warlock and Hunter. I need to get my **** rolling along but I just can’t....

And OFCOURSE I get on and the FP is on stupid ass Mercury. Ofcourse I couldn’t get lucky enough to have that be the location for the week I skipped.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  8. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Yea im at the point where all i do is my 2 powerful BA frames for the kick*** BA armor every week then go play Star Ocean.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Holy crap, this Niobe Labs thing. The larger community is absolutely livid about this bs ARG puzzle-solving mini raid. Talk about a curve ball to the nads.

Last time I checked big nerd Datto and his team were struggling with this. So yeah, solo players and less invested teams have no chance of seeing the final forge until a series of larger and more invested brains solve this thing.

10. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
  11. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

12. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Ain’t played in weeks now.

Very curious about the future though with the B/A split. I

13. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    So what’s going on with this game now? Well over a month since I turned it on.

14. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Just had my best ever game of Gambit. Finally got a game where I wasn't up against a four-stack. Lost the first round rather comfortably, but in the second I was, it's fair to say, on fire. Did two invasions and got two army of one's. Then, another invasion in the tie-breaker yielded two kills which turned the game in my team's favour. We won and I finally had the Malfeasance quest drop along with a Bygones with Outlaw and Kill Clip (no range masterwork, but can't have everything).

I'm hoping that with the season of the drifter the sweaty groups will bugger off to Gambit Prime, leaving regular Gambit for us solo queuers. If I can have some games half as good as that one then Gambit will finally be fun again. Also, the tie-breaker round is a very welcome addition.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I burned away any and all desire for Gambit grinding for Dredgen. Not hard to do when you solo queue 99.9% percent of the time and see an idiot blueberry with 15 effin' motes blow himself up when, say, rushing an exploding Hydra. So yeah, this season's main offering is just not for me. I did the so-so allegiance quest and it was underwhelming to say the least. The new lore has been delicious but that's about one of the only positives I can think of.

PVP is...ugh. The current meta right now is both boring and horribly toxic. Insane hand cannons - especially Luna and Not Forgotten - everywhere. I've been trying to grind for some of the pinnacle weapons but when 1) you solo queue, 2) you suck and 3) the penalty for losing is so harsh, grinding comp becomes an exercise in masochism. I really hope Penumbra brings something good to the table come June.

16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Haven’t played since early Jan. Just lost any desire I had after the insanely high BA lvl requirement. I wasted that $ getting expansion pass.

Wonder if I’ve been booted from my clan yet for inactivity?

Dang I may need to find out later. Now I’m curious.

17. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    They introduced power bounties with the latest season that get you up to 640 pretty quickly. It actually makes doing the forges quite fun, if you've managed to unlock them. Plus it seems people know what they're doing now. The Xur bounties are also really good from a lore standpoint.

I'm so very close to 700 light on my Warlock and Hunter. Then I can focus on my poor Titan, who hasn't even finished the Forsaken storyline.

18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah @JEDI-SOLO, Driftyboi sells bounties that will award you a 640 blue piece of gear. From what I hear, any Guardian you have will be up to 640 power after an hour or so of work. Still, the 700 power increase just to run The Reckoning is...excessive. Particularly given the hit or miss appeal of the season's main draw and that the Reckoning's modifiers are - in the worst of days - an utter ****fest. IMO, if you're having fun with Sekiro and still have issues with the current state of Destiny, you really won't miss much skipping this season. Hell, they made Thorn kinda worthless and I fear that they'll also screw over Hawkmoon and Darkdrinker if - if rumors are true that is - they're coming back in Penumbra.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  19. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Tbh I've only done the Reckoning four times in order to get the Allegiance quest. I think it'll be like the forges, something I do when the next season is out.

I really need to get around to getting Thorn. I'm on the last step but I hate the Savathun's Song strike at the best of times...

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    You're gonna hate that strike so much. There's a couple of ways to cheese it but a competent team should be able to push through it.

21. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    It's not matchmade, is it? Only used LFG once, back in Destiny 1.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Nope, afraid not. I think it does require a 670 power level. But it's the modifiers what make it particularly challenging. In particular Blackout. If you're not too careful, your team can be easily OHK by the endless thrall and the Eye's axiom bolts at the end.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

23. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    If you want to make Daddy Shaxx proud, do the Revelry event that's going on at the moment, pick the grenade buff and go crazy. Especially if you combine it with top tree striker Titan. It's basically infinite grenades. Most fun I've had in Crucible in probably years.

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Hah hah. Yeah. Fun.

No.

Crucible is just ridiculously sweaty and bat**** crazy now. It was bad enough that there's this boring and toxic meta that can just go die in a fire right now, now everyone and their grandma is spamming grenades and abilities like trebuchets on crack. And if you were grinding for pinnacle weapons in comp, well, if things were sweaty before, get ready to have a towel nearby because you're gonna get drenched in nastiness coming through your display of choice.

25. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I avoid Comp like the plague. I did it for a bit to get Redrix's Broadsword but that's it.

Just used a spectral blades hunter with a Gwisin Vest for the first time. I feel dirty, but my God does that need to be nerfed.