main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    yeah, I also find it annoying.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I'm always having to Google PST to GMT. I usually get it in my head just in time for the clocks to change.

Byf's got his latest video epic coming out tomorrow, the Complete History of the Darkness. Should be good.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Stayed up to watch the event last night [face_tired].

Server issues aside (really not filling me with confidence for Beyond Light's launch), it was a pleasant little event. The new area of the city was really nice and seeing the Traveller heal itself was something I've been waiting for since the end of D1's vanilla campaign. The little cutscene at the end with the planet map changing was a nice touch as well.

Also, the Beyond Light soundtrack is out on the destinygame YouTube channel. As per usual they hit it out of the park. 'Deep Stone Lullaby' is a particular favourite.

Darth_Invidious and Jedi Ben like this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    20+GB downloaded, 36GB to go.

solojones likes this.
  5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I stayed up almost 'til the end, but I was dead tired and missed the finale. I caught tweets of the whole thing but, while cute, I was mortified at the end. Between the server issues and the way the whole thing was handled (we could've just been told to try to connect and launch the special mission maybe ONE hour before shutdown instead of wasting the better part of THREE), I just hope Bungie nixes these live events. They seem to be fraught with issues and compound the FOMO problem that has driven away some players and annoy other players like me.

Anyhoo, rant over. Onward with BL and let's hope the wait's been worth it.

6. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    It's a fair criticism, but I can't help it, I love these sorts of things. Luckily neither have been something you have to physically take part in, just watch, so seeing it later on YouTube isn't so bad. Thankfully I've been fortunate to be there live for both. Maybe my opinion will change when there's one I can't get to.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I joined and watched the whole event, so I got my emblem. Ready for Beyond Light over lunch today :D

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Beyond Light? Not yet, time to start Forsaken

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yaaaaaay definitely tell us how you like it. I find Forsaken to be the best Destiny 2 expansion so far.

10. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Getting massive FOMO of not preordering an XSX since i know load times on a launch X1 for Destiny are loooooo ( 1 eternity later)ooong.

Looking forward to beyond light. Been waiting since D1 day 1 for an “ice” element.

Guess i should get around to shadowkeep questline soon too.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh yeah if you didn't do Shadowkeep you're missing a lot of the setup for Beyond Light. Although you can easily watch some lore videos to catch up.

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    That was fun for the thirty minutes I could actually play over lunch after waiting for an hour.

Trying again later after dinner.

13. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Just another launch day at bungie

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yep, this was the worst one.

But I still played two hours tonight and enjoyed it.

15. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Yeah, it wasn't a great start. I was able to start playing at around 9.30pm last night. I've only done the first couple of missions, but so far the narrative seems a lot more like Forsaken than Shadowkeep which is a huge positive.

The amount of new stuff is a bit overwhelming.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    All downloaded. It is time.

solojones likes this.
  17. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    So I’m seeing that beyond light is on gamepass. So....what does buying the deluxe edition get you? Is it just the year season pass+bonus items?

Cause I’m tempted to request refund from microsoft. I thought it was D2, forsaken, and shadowkeep on Gamepass. Don't see a reason for the deluxe ed anymore.

18. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Well you'd own the game outright so if it got taken off of Game Pass it wouldn't affect you. The Deluxe Edition also gives you the season pass as well.

Thoroughly enjoying Beyond Light at the moment. Just going through the tutorial for new players. It's so much better than what they had before.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Enjoy Forsaken and let us know how you find it Ben.

Yeah if you're playing on Xbox I would ask for a refund. You may have preordered before they announced Beyond Light would be on Gamepass.

20. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Yeah i ended up doing so, and since i haven't been able to login yet i wont meet that 10 hr criteria.

solojones likes this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, the obligatory Beyond Light intro mission got in the way!

Good start, though it took me ages to realise all my mods were gone and I'm missing a couple of the Rifle assists. Still managed to take out that cheating bastard Brig though.

Eurpoa looks very cool, will be very cool exploring that but there are other things to be done first.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Wait Ben, did you start Beyond Light before doing Forsaken? Some major story spoilers there!

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    You have to play the first mission of Beyond Light on login.

Jedi Ben and solojones like this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    [face_laugh] Pretty much but the same kind of stuff happened on New Light too, for the same reason M66 laid out. I'm treating the older campaigns as origin stories!

That and I can just see Zavala going: "Guardian, you're new, here's what you need to know" and then dumping me into a VR sim.

Talking of, has he ever looked more like Reddick than in the Beyond Light intro vid?

25. a star war

May 4, 2016
    You didn’t have to do the beyond light mission if you got weaseled right after starting it and had to get back in the queue and then were later loaded into the game in orbit.