main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I think the Lore aspect has actually been super strong since Beyond Light dropped. And that's what interests me the most. If they feel they need one more chapter to truly wrap up the story after Lightfall, I'm down.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  2. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Yeah, the lore's been great. As for what they do after the conclusion of the Light vs Dark story then I'd love to see us leave the solar system. Maybe we can help Caital and Mithrax/Variks reclaim the Cabal and Fallen homeworlds.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  3. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I think it's interesting that they said something about the expansion after Lightfall being the end of THIS Destiny story.... definitely possible there's a Destiny 3 or a spinoff it looks like. Maybe depending on how the show does.

4. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    The expansion after Lightfall will take us through to 2025 which is when they said they want their new IP out by. I'm not sure they'd have the resources to do a new IP, expand the studio, develop Destiny multimedia and also make a new Destiny game from scratch. Don't get me wrong, it makes sense if they're wrapping up the Light vs Dark story, I'm just not sure how feasible it is. Whatever they do so long as I can import my characters from D2 I'm happy.

5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well I mean, the expanded Destiny media like a TV show would only be partially overseen by the studio anyway. It's not like they need their writers to write and cast and produce TV scripts. That's what the network or streaming service is for.

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    NetEase invested $100M in Bungie awhile back and they have a NetEase rep in that board of directors. It's safe to say that's possibly one if not the reason as to how that expansion is possible.

That and the eastern market is really into spending money in silver and **** moreso than the western audience so who knows what kinds of crazy revenue streams they have from the cashshop.

I'm leery on the prospect of a live-action tv show and how well it can capture the feel land look of that universe. I hope that if Destiny does go transmedia, that it happens by way of an animated Netflix show, voiced by the existing VAs of course. Novels would be great as well.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I would prefer an animated show as well.

8. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Sweepbots: The Animated Series.

I'd watch that. :p

solojones likes this.
  9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I just want Lance Reddick to work forever.

Having to see Cayde die again would be rough but worth it to get Nathan back for a couple seasons.

Darth_Invidious and Jedi Ben like this.
  10. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I really don't see the point in adapting the story of the games. There's way too much besides that would work better IMO. An animated series a'la Castlevania would be my preferred option regardless.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I dunno, I think the lore of Destiny is so amazing but it gets overshadowed in the game. As a lore nerd I would love it. Absolutely should be animated, though.

12. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Oh I know, I've been a defender of Destiny's lore for years now. But the story of D1 and D2 is so linked to your Guardian that a show would step on the toes of that I think. The last thing I want is a canon Guardian.

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    The backlore (i.e., The Books of Sorrow, The Golden and Dark Ages, Rezzyl/Dredgen Yor and Shin Malphur just as a very few examples) really don't have much to do with our player character. Seeing animated adaptations (even if it's, ugh, anime) of all that lore would be pretty fantastic.

Of course, the way the story was presented in D1 and how gutted D2 has been storywise would probably require the creation of a new character or set of characters (possibly representing a fireteam of all three classes and species) to replace our Guardian if and adaptation of "current" events were to be brought on screen. I mean, let's face it, our character is just an avatar with zero personality and we are probably not gonna be the ultimate heroes of the Light and Darkness War. Thus I really wouldn't mind if we were to be presented with a team of properly fleshed out Guardians living through those events.

14. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Yeah, my hope is that any adaptation would expand the world of Destiny, not go over what we've already done.

I'm pretty sure our Guardian in the game will be the one to resolve the Light Vs Dark narrative. I think at this point we're considered the most powerful Guardian to have ever existed.

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I don't think going over what we've already done is the route either. The lore is so interesting though that you could pull from lots of it

16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I think the way they're building up NUldren/Crow, it seems he will have a very pivotal role in the conflict and we'll only "bear witness" to what he eventually does. I dunno, just call it a feeling.

17. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I just got Destiny 2 for my birthday (XBox One). It's a little older than I thought, but I look forward to playing when I have the time.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    It's old if you consider almost 4 years "old". Sadly, you'll be missing out a lot of its original content that's been "vaulted" since last November.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  19. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I think he'll become the new Speaker. I've loved the work that the writing team have done with him. Osiris effectively adopting him and having a little bird family with Saint-14 is just delightful.

Greetings Kinderguardian! Feel free to ask if you're lost, confused or don't know how to do something. No question too dumb, believe me. Plus it's better than heading into the salt mine that is r/DestinyTheGame.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Welcome to the new Kinderguardian!

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    [face_laugh] Kinder-Guardian!

OK, look, go for the Titan-class, punch everything, an auto rifle is your best friend, got it?

22. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    My Titan is clearly a wrong'un (sniper and hand cannon).

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Pulse and grenade launcher.

24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    But you two can shoot!

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I hit them with a deafening whisper on the ground, then follow up with a few bursts from my master worked Vigilance Wing, which is automatic.

And now I have the Trials rocket launcher, with Cluster Bomb. Muahahah.