main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Im excited about Outriders. My clan and I play Destiny for the RPG looter aspects. Bungie walking back sunsetting AGAIN doesnt change the toxic treadmill this studio has put its playerbase on since 2014. they have consistently destroyed entire design systems to implement faulty systems that they believe make it easier for them to manage the sandbox and the game as a whole, only to be told by the entire fan base that their data and user metrics are horse **** and then Bungie walks back those decisions. Its like watching a chicken with its head cut off, this studio. Management at Bungie has been a nightmare for almost a decade now. Hopefully side stepping Luke Smith as creative director helps as I have much more faith in Blackburn. I'll play Destiny 2 casually (I have 2k plus hours in D1 and 1k + in D2) but these devs dont respect your time sink. they dont listen to feedback until its far too late in the game. I just need more RPG in my looters and so this is why Outriders and the upcoming Diablo 4 mmo have me and my clan so hopped up. Diablo 4 has confirmed Group-Plus end game content ( there is actually footage of 12 players fighting a world boss ) and opt in pvp Dark Zones in the open world where you have to extract your loot safely to keep it. Blizzard is going full Destiny with Diablo for Diablo 4 and i could not be more excited with the new itemization overhaul and the Rogue being introduced. Outriders is also a very deep RPG. What's nice about Outriders is they give you full customization of guns and skill trees. Its literally the anti-Destiny in terms of how the game handles loot, infusion (universal infusion no penalties) and the RPG aspects such as the skill trees. Cant wait!

Destiny's pve experience cant compete with Outriders and that is evident just from the demo alone, and this is SOLELY because Bungie is too lazy to separate the sandboxes. Pvp will always neuter the pve power fantasy in Destiny 2, and according to their recent State of the Game, this will only get more and more evident as since they are walking back sunsetting, theyve openly admitted that they intend to nerf outliers more often because of this decision. and thats a shame. Outriders has a gun perk called weighltless that is single handedly more powerful and game-altering that any single legendary perk in Destiny 2. the power fantasy and build options are insane.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Thanks for coming into the Destiny thread to tell us how you don't play Destiny.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Samuel L style:
    Does it say Outriders in the thread title? No? Then why you talking about it in here?

solojones likes this.
  4. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    [​IMG]

5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Just got the catalyst for Dead Man's Tale, by doing the Master Presage under 25 minutes. Took my group 5 tries to get it done but we did it!

Everton likes this.
  6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    New bits of lore have hinted that the Traveler no longer needs or want Speakers. That it will speak whenever it wants through whomever it wants. no, it seems Crow the Messiahboi is meant to become the new Hunter Vanguard by the end of the season if not this year.

Tell me, Mr. Armchair Game Dev, if it's so easy and Bungie is being "lazy", why don't you apply to work over there and fix the game? I hear they're expanding and hiring. Take your shot!

I played the Outriders demo. Big meh from me. PC performance was absolute arse. The dialogue cringy, the story meh. I played a bit with Trickster and while the skillset is fun, third person cover shooters (even if the game strongly hints at you not doing the covering part) are just not my jam.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Also you could very easily like both Outriders and Destiny. I don't understand fanwars.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  8. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I must've missed those. If that's the case then yeah, I think he'll just be the Hunter Vanguard (which I'm fine with). I reckon Caital trying to assassinate Zavala and Crow acting as his guardian angel (no pun intended) will be how he's able to get into the City's good books. It wouldn't surprise me if Ikora and Zavala actually stood down as the Warlock and Titan Vanguard though.

I really need to give that demo a go...

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I definitely think they're setting up Crow to be the Hunter Vanguard, which I will be happy with. I love Crow.

And yeah I plan to play the Outriders demo soon as well.

10. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    There is only 1 correct way to play and its called Hunters. You will not be dissatisfied or disappointed. It also makes the story threads way more personal.

Also you can headshot in pvp with knives. Suck it Titans and space wizards.

11. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I see your flashy cutlery and raise you Titan shoulder charge.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I was gonna say.... imma just run into you with my shoulder and see how long your shuriken lasts then.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Playing as a Hunter is playing Destiny in Hard Mode and that's the best way to play the game. This is not up to debate.

ZanderSolo likes this.
  14. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    It would be nice if Ikora got something to do again. She's been useless for ages, doesn't do anything other than being a recipient for Dawning cookies once a year... :p

15. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    How?! They've got the best mobility, best jump and great supers. If anything they're Destiny with training wheels on.

solojones likes this.
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I saw a great reddit post that said we need to change Elsie's name from Exo Stranger to just Elsie Bray in-game.... And then change Ikora's name to Human Stranger.

However, they have said that Ikora will play a role in season 14. So finally! I'm sure part of it is getting the voice actor, but honestly, if she's not interested just get a new voice actor. It's insane how she's a vanguard with no role.

I definitely think Crow will become the Hunter vanguard so maybe that happens next season after his heroics this season.

Edit: Lol at Hunter being hard mode.. that's Warlock, who have the worst supers and they get nerfed. Hunters have freaking shatter dive, tornado, and TWO tracking shurikens. It's definitely easy mode, then Titan is mid, then Warlock is hardest.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Darth_Invidious likes this.
  17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    It seems ever so often I need to do this. Hunters DON'T have:

1) Invulnerability damage buffing wells of pis- I mean, radiance.
    2) Cover creating damage buffing Titan bubble.
    3) Kameameha arc blast.
    3) Fiery flying sword wielding super that buffs Warlocks mobility to insane levels.
    4) An absolutely bonkers Titan stasis super that is just plain broken right now and also boosts their mobility to insane levels.
    5) Nova bomb with tracking comparable to a freaking Truth or Eyes rocket launcher!
    6) Crazy warlock melees like celestial fire or handheld supernova (we got a knife and a smoke bomb, woohoo).
    7) Cover creating Titan barricades.
    8) Health regenning Warlock rifts (we can autoreload on a dodge or go invis for a bit depending the class, situational and sometimes useful I admit)
    9) An arc cannonball super with a ridiculous blast radius.
    10) A shoulder charge that can yeet someone else to the next continent.
    11) Particularly awesomely grenades like the Arc Titan's or Void Warlock's.
    12) Resilience comparable to Titans.
    13) Fiery hammers!

If you guys still feel weak regardless, well, WOW. :p

So Stasis Hunters are facing a big nerf soon. What else is new? But hardly surprising. I'm not a pvp sweat but am well aware of the issues. I genuinely don't care that much about stasis but Bungie needed something cool to sell the expansion and I guess ice was it. I'm still cold (pun possibly intended) about that choice of Darkness powers but here we are.

ZanderSolo likes this.
  18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    The madness of Hunters displayed all in one post :p

19. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    At least Hunters have that glorified hankie on their shoulders to wipe away the tears.

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I don't cry. Let alone for all the bs in the game. But far better to have a nifty cape for such emergencies than to depend on an ugly bathrobe or butt towel.

21. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Listen, any Guardian who can hitch the length and breadth of the solar system, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still know where his butt towel is, is clearly a Guardian to be reckoned with.

Let's all laugh at Warlocks instead.

22. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I can get on board with this.

Warlocks are the Team Instinct of Destiny.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    It seems that Chaos Reach Warlocks are now a terror in the Crucible or Comp. Why exactly is that?

24. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Stasis counter I think. It's not been buffed as far as I'm aware, but people are pairing it with Geomags and max Intellect and just getting supers left, right and centre.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    You can get it back a lot faster than other supers yeah.