main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Yeah it's.... Lore wise it's fine, but it's just sort of a forgettable playing experience. Mostly I just have already played it and frankly don't want to take the time to replay because it was just ok.

And there's nothing to get out of it. Beyond Light you really have to do three times if you have three characters of different classes, and I've only done it twice. But it's good fun so that's ok..

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So Beyond Light - really crappy checkpointing combined with instant death traps.

3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    With HFW and Lego Star Wars getting in the way, with side orders of Gran Turismo 7 and Tales of Arise, plus replays of Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy, probably time to return to this and get some help on the great catch-up.

solojones likes this.
  4. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Today I became an Iron Lord :cool:

5. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I need to do another 50 or so objectives, do 8 more challenges and reset my rank once more and then I can finally have the title I've wanted since the end of D1. This is one I might actually buy the seal for as well.

solojones likes this.
  6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I've considered it. I've wanted this title a long time.

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Update: I bought the pin

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Keep forgetting to return to this but...

But was experimenting with the PS5 headset this week on a couple of work meetings and it worked well. Could place the left side ovee my aid, which I didn't expect.

So, kind of progress

solojones likes this.
  9. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Not long to go now until the Destiny 2 showcase giving us our first look at Lightfall. This is the expansion I've been looking forward to the most since it was announced. I'm hoping for Infinity War/Empire Strikes Back vibes with us basically getting our arses handed to us for a year. We should also be seeing what Season 18 brings, namely what reprised raid we'll be getting. I'd personally like it to be Kings Fall, but I know Wrath is meant to be very good. That Warlock Kings Fall armour though. God damn.

I think Season of the Haunted has been fairly average. Story wise it's been great, but the seasonal activity was boring and repetitive. The Solar rework, although underwhelming at first, turned out to be really good, especially for Titan and Hunter. The dungeon was also decent, though not as good as Prophecy or Grasp. I attempted it Day One and actually trying to work out the mechanics and encounters was one of the best experiences I've had in Destiny. Really good weapons as well, especially the SMG. I hear the heavy linear fusion is meant to be excellent as well, but I've not got it to drop yet, despite completing the dungeon nine times at this point.

I've also finally completed the Vow of the Disciple raid. Fun, but mechanically annoying. Doing it with a group of people who knew what they were doing helped, but I was basically carried the whole way. I'm hoping that Bungie ease up on the symbols and needing to memorise them. Four with Leviathan was fine, Last Wish was just about manageable but Vow takes the ****. I think it's somewhat telling that my favourite raid in D2 is VOG. I'm a simple man, I like simple mechanics.

Almost done with the season now. Got the seasonal title, the Solstice title and the Iron Lord title. I just need to get my Warlock up to 1570 (just need gloves and class item) and I want to hoard some bounties on all three characters for next season. Once that's done I think I'll leave Destiny 2 for a bit. Despite not liking this season as much as previous ones, I'm still rank 270 so I think a break would do me good.

On the plus side, all my Guardians look banging now:
    [​IMG]

solojones likes this.
  10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    You should pay the iron price

solojones likes this.
  11. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I would, but it's not letting me log into the Bungie Store for some reason.

solojones likes this.
  12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

I definitely bought the actual seal for Iron Lord as well..hope you can log in.

13. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Submitted a ticket. Can't even reset my password as I'm not getting the email from Bungie to do so. Their store's customer service has always been pretty good from my experience, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Managed to get my Warlock up to 1570, so that's all my characters at max level. First two pinnacle drops were in the slots I needed so that's my RNG buggered for the next season. I just need to max out my bounties and finish the seasonal quests on my Warlock and I'm done until 23rd August.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I'm not getting to 1570, I have been too unlucky with RNG. However I did still get enough done to get the seasonal pile of bright dust so that's enough for me.

Gonna try to get that sweet baboon mask in Trials this evening for my Hunter. I have the whole cobra set for my Titan and it's totally boss.

15. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    solojones likes this.
  16. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    “Imagine Metroid speed-boost mode, but samus is wielding a gjallarhorn.”

Im intrigued again.

solojones and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    They had me at "Go fast and hit stuff." As a Titan main that's like music to my ears.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Absolutely. I have yet to fully read the blog post but I'm just always excited for new stuff.

Finished enough weekly challenges to get my pile of bright dust plus one more. Sadly won't get to 1570. I'm at 1569 with bad RNG.

19. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    So much Destiny 2 goodness today.

Lightfall is not what I was expecting. I was expecting something gritty and dark, not neon and cyberpunky. Not complaining, if anything I like the subversion of expectations.

Neptune also wasn't a destination I was expecting. It looks stunning though. Being able to navigate it with the new grappling hook/super is going to be a ton of fun.

New season is pirate themed and brings back Eramis.

It looks like it could be a ton of fun.

A ton of quality of life changes coming as well. Guardian Ranks, in-game LFG, loadouts. Gonna take a while to digest all of this.

solojones likes this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Is anything getting vaulted?

If so, might need to do a weekend team-up blitz. (It is long, long overdue too.)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  21. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Nope. In fact they said no more content will be vaulted going forward.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

This was one of the best announcements!

But yeah wow Light fall... Looks awesome. So different.

AND so far I love the pirate fun theme of this season. After a few deeply emotional and psychologically intense seasons, it's nice to have something different.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Yeah, a palate cleanser was definitely needed. Going for a Grasp of Avarice vibe for the whole season's a good choice, I think. Chuck in Eramis, The Drifter, Spider, Mithrax and Eido and that's a fun, varied and unusual cast of characters.

Really looking forward to trying out Kings Fall. Of all the D1 raids it was the one I most wanted to play and never did (never did any raids in D1 for that matter). Hoping to get a team together for Friday.

solojones likes this.
  24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    The only raid I've done is Leviathan. I wish I could do others but I hate LFGing as a woman. I've been harassed before and it's not fun.

25. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Ah that sucks. I've got a good clan now that I can run stuff with. I also LFG'd Leviathan and it's not the same.

It was also a rubbish raid.