main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    We need a new clan desperately because ours is dead :(

2. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I'd invite you to mine, but annoyingly it's full.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm a bit underwhelmed by Arc 3.0 so far. Void was cracked from the start, but Solar took a little so I'm hoping Arc does the same. The Titan dodge/thruster ability is really handy though. I've been playing D1 a bit recently as a Titan with Twilight Garrison, so I don't really miss the barricade class ability. Need to try Blink on a Hunter next.

3. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Who is good for recap videos now? Gonna try to listen/watch at work. Probably from Shadowkeep forward.

4. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Story wise? MynameisByf

ZanderSolo likes this.
  5. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Evaze put up a story overview up to The Witch Queen a few months back:

But yeah, Biff or MyelinGames are the go-to names for Destiny lore/story.

solojones likes this.
  6. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Im thoroughly enjoying The Witch Queen campaign.

Not enough to buy it, but it feels…Bungie again. I googled how many missions long it is and reading across the internet described it best: Its like Halo quality again, but Destiny.

Also pretty drunk so it may be a little better than actual. Haven't missed any platforming yet though. Im on the return to Europa mission. Gonna try to power through the campaign while its free.

solojones likes this.
  7. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I think the Europan pyramid mission might be my favourite from the campaign.

8. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Nice to see Zavala slip more and more into Sylens.

Zavala is evil theory returns!

Edit: Im on the “The last chance.” Im kind of burnt out already. Its good but still glad i didn't buy it. I think shooters in general might just be a thing of the past for me. Everything I'm excited for for a long time are generally goofy/ tough as nails platformers and in-depth single player story games like jrpg’s or anything Bioware.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Remembered why I haven't gone back to D2.

Play mission. Enjoy mission.
    Get hit with 'no respawn' cue attrition, endurance boring as hell, repetitive boss fight
    Get killed
    No midway checkpoint.

Ok, I'll take the hint and **** off then.

The single, best D2 could do is get rid of the no respawning *****.

10. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    People still populate D1? I will not get pulled back into D2 but if D1 is popping I will absolutely get back on it.

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Sigh.... And it was going so well....

A good sense of momentum, great world and enemy design, great story intro, brilliant shooting - all the stuff I want to like the game for.

And then, there it was, death by No Respawn Seppuku. Again.

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

I can help you once I've played the story. I'm happy to replay parts of Lightfall to help you.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't suppose you're also up for unlocking Witch Queen too?

Same cause of death applies. ....Actually, there's an entire graveyard for it.

Wish they'd do an optional toggle on no respawn. I suppose someone must like them...

Hmm, supposed to be a way to run audio chat through TV via creative use of an USB mic, which I have. Would be good to give it a go.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Oh, yeah I haven't played Witch Queen on all my characters yet. So that's definitely something I'd be up for doing. Once I'm all done with lightfall that is. So probably after this weekend

Jedi Ben likes this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    M66 also has offered, so with the pair of you, might be viable.

Ripping through Forsaken last year was pretty damn epic.

solojones likes this.
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I just wanted to say I've surprisingly gotten my second PVP title. I'm now Glorious.

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The D2 backlog:

Shadowkeep
    Beyond Light
    Witch Queen
    Lightfall

18. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I know it's had an incredibly mixed reaction, but on the whole I'd say Lightfall's pretty decent so far. The narrative in the campaign was a mess. The whole thing boils down to "hunt the McGuffin," but by the end we don't know what the McGuffin is, why the bad guys wanted it, what it does or where it came from. The post-campaign stuff is a little more illuminating and I'm sure the seasonal content will do even more, but there should've been something in the campaign proper to give some answers. Osiris is incredibly annoying in this expansion and Rohan is incredibly underutilised considering the quality of the VA they got in for him. Nimbus also skirts on the edge of being too much of a thembo for a lot of people's liking. They didn't annoy me as much as they did for some people, but I can totally got why they rubbed people the wrong way.

That being said, the campaign has some stand-out moments and set pieces. Fighting through Calus' ship and then having to escape on your Sparrow in a Halo-esque Warthog run and holding the doors in the final mission against hordes of enemies with the ability to do orbital strikes were notable highlights. What hinders the campaign though (aside from the narrative) is the insistence on using Strand throughout. Now, with a proper build and the aspects and fragments unlocked, Strand is brilliant. But when you've built into a certain playstyle with exotics and armor pieces to compliment your existing sub-classes being forced to use something else entirely is incredibly frustrating, especially on legendary difficulty. Some of the difficulty spikes there are ridiculous towards the end and I actually had to cheese the final boss out of sheer frustration.

Neomuna as a location has a lot of the same flaws that Savathun's Throne World had. Whilst it looks pretty it feels very empty. I wish there was more enemy density in the world just to make the place feel more alive. It doesn't help that the section that has the rotating activity, Terminal Overload, has no enemies when the activity isn't running. However, Teminal Overload itself is quite fun, especially if you get a bunch of people in that instance that know what they're doing. Certainly better than activities like Wellspring or the Blind Well.

A lot of the Quality of Life changes are excellent though. Loadouts are really nice and being able to swap builds in the middle of an activity at the press of a button is wonderful. The revamped mod system is a lot more straightforward, though I would like to see it expanded to bring some more depth in. Stasis in particular feels like it's been hit very hard with some of the mods that have been removed. Guardian Ranks and Commendations is early days. I don't think I've seen anyone that's not at level 6 which seems odd considering the requirements.

Season of Defiance is off to a decent start. The new activity is much the same as we've had previously, but it's a satisfying difficulty and the changes in scenery and location are nice. Most (all?) seasons that come with expansions have been pants, so hopefully this one breaks that trend. Stuff involving Mara is usually pretty decent. Plus I'm really liking the dynamic between Amanda and Crow.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Looks like my new audio set-up is working well enough to move to the next stage - a D2 test.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    "Guardians, get out there and kill death in memory of me. Storm whatever you have to."

Yep. Lance Reddick has died. This is some ****ed up ****.

TX-20 likes this.
  21. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Guardian, down. :(

Edit: Destiny, and Horizon, just won't be the same without him.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    TX-20 and Jedi Ben like this.
  22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm honestly crying so hard.

TX-20 likes this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    This... sucks.

solojones and TX-20 like this.
  24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Guardians are paying tribute by taking a knee or giving a respectful emote next to Zavala in the tower.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Damn I bet that looks pretty nice too. I’m not gonna load everything up to see for myself but I’m sure tempted to…

Jedi Ben likes this.