main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Amph "Destiny is all." - The Last Kingdom thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, May 4, 2017.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Force Ghost star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    This dropped today. Yet to see it, but as last season was very good, I'm really looking forward to it. But I'll miss Alfred.

3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Force Ghost star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Upping the thread. Series 4 was very good, albeit Alfred's absence is palpable. Aethelflaed continues being awesome. Edward tries and fails, and tries again. I like that he's very much imperfect.

I thought doing the "party A just misses party B" trick twice was a bit lazy storytelling, but otherwise the series was pretty solid.

Beocca... :( :( :(

Good thing though, the show has been renewed for series 5 - once the situation permits production. And the final book (number 13) is being published this year, so we're looking at 6 or 7 series in total, all being well.

Rew and soitscometothis like this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Aethelflaed is definitely my favorite character in all this. I also have far more appreciation for Aelswith than ever before. Aedward should just listen to them and all would be well.

(relatedly, strange Saxon spelling is fun -- the whole name-changing thing with the establishing shots is still my favorite).

(Also it's hard to understate how little I care about Utred, for me this story is about Wessex :p )

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    soitscometothis likes this.