main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Detours coming to Disney+...?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediFett10, Apr 13, 2021.

1. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I think this show is really dumb and I hate the animation style. That being said, I hope this is true because it'll be great material against all the fans clamoring for George Lucas to return to the franchise. Well, here's some George Lucas for you, jerk. It's the dumbest thing he ever made.

3. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Removed duplicate post that I mistakenly posted, sorry ‘bout that.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Sounds like they Disney-fied it. Which is not a surprise. Maybe it won't be absolutely terrible?

I didn't really see Lucas as someone having much of a say in this, besides the Robot Chicken (and friends) crowd egging him on to get the permission to do a major satire. Lucas was in the "yeah sure whatever" mode at that point.

5. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Weird Al Yankovic as 4-LOM? For real? Inspired, absolutely inspired.

6. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Some people (certainly not me) watched one of the leaked episodes a while back and they (again, definitely not me) were thoroughly unimpressed.

Anyway, someone (me) should note that that article in the OP is far from a reliable source.

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean...I saw some of it and thought it was kinda funny from that one leaked episode. And who cares...Let the folks have there dumb fun.

Star Wars should be allowed to have a dum thing.

I thought it was kinda funny. Since this isn't the mainline thing anymore, it's more a novelty for people to enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2021
  8. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Those "bring back Legends" "fandom menace" "Geode is a rock and that's dumb" losers aren't going to have dumb fun. This is something that has a Lucas stamp of approval on it and is also really stupid. I'm looking forward to their reactions.

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Fair enough.

I just think it's neat there doing this at all...Star Wars is secure enough as a franchise to have parodies of itself even more now.

10. harryhenry

harryhenry Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 2015
    What do you mean? Besides the incomplete episodes (possibly) getting completed, there’s notihng really to indicate that Disney are altering the original content themselves.

11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, I'm sure they'd be more than capable of pretending to love it.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I only want this show to come out for the people who worked on it

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I like that's coming because quite frankly....People take Star Wars waaaaay to seriously and I think we need MORE not LESS serious Star Wars to be honest.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    People take fiction to seriously in general. I agree. I would love to see more officially licensed parodies. The robot chicken stuff was always hilarious.

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Also the term "Disneyfied" isn't what it used to be...You should see some of the stuff they put out like Amphibia, Gravity Falls and Owl House...I mean it's not to the level of probably this mind you, but again "Disneyfied" isn't that big a thing anymore.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    @harryhenry I was going off this: It was reported that roughly two seasons of the show were produced (39 episodes), with many more episodes being left un-produced with finished scripts. Fortunately for Star Wars fans of the series, we have learned that more episodes have been produced since the initial report, with the show being planned to have a Disney+ release.

And because @Jid123Sheeve I have a sense this show was probably going to be Robot Chicken-level offensive in certain areas. As in not PC. If you get my drift. There were a few parts in the 2012 previews that seemed to approach that zone and I wouldn't put it past them.

I also agree with @CooperTFN that this is probably not going to happen anyway, but things have been dull lately and at least it's something to post about.

17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Eh, I think it's actually fairly likely the show will come out eventually in some form--every part of the antelope and all that. I just think that article specifically is BS.

18. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    I read recently that Disney canceled the Lizzie McGuire reboot of all things, in the middle of filming, because it wasn't family friendly enough and too "adult" for Disney+. Lizzie McGuire! So I'm sure there would be nothing even close to Robot Chicken level adult humor in a Disney+ version of Detours.

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean if they can make money from it Disney will put it out. I mean I’m waiting for the day Family Guy comes out.

honestly not releasing it gives it more power then it deserves

And Star Wars is a big franchise it should be allowed to have its low brow products. At least Disney can say (eh it was a time)

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Plus if it makes anyone take Star Wars less seriously it will be worth it. Or take George Lucas off the pedestal some people put him on to be like. Look how much better things used to be

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Bingo!

I want Star Wars to be diverse and sure I’ll have issues if some creatives are brought in.

but honestly is Star Wars a big enough franchise to do a official robot chicken sketch show ....I say yes. Or at least have one that’s already made be release

I mean if they were making detours now maybe yeah I’d take issue. But Star Wars is past the phase of being nothing but a self parody of itself.

honestly I think we’ve gone to far in the other direction

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If this does come out I look forward to seeing someone talk about how Disney has destroyed Star Wars even more so I can laugh at them.

But as I said the main reason I want this show out there is for the people who worked on it. Imagine this being the first show you worked on and it never saw the light of day. Even if it was crap. I would want it to see the light of day. Imagine putting countless hours into a project and having it finished only to never see the light of day. Star Wars being less serious is just a bonus

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Plus if you don’t release a finished project that everyone knows it done it’s gonna give it more power and prestige then it probably deserves. So just release it and it’s there

people can or can not watch it

24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    You know if they bring this out great but at the same time, I really want Droids released. I know that is coming out sometime in the fall which would complete the Droids/Ewoks release. We had been promised for years that this was going to be released and boy did we have to wait and when they released it, they went with the Ewoks first and Droids later. Detours coming out only means more content for Disney Plus. I think they are trying to push more stuff to come out which is great. I think star wars needs to continue its base as we move forward. Disney+ is the way to go for the star wars content.

indydefense and Tython Awakening like this.
  25. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    My read on it was that it was basically Robot Chicken with less edge and a less interesting animation style. We can debate the virtues of the Robot Chicken humor style lots (to me it's funnier than a lot of similarly marketed stuff) but the action figure angle was a big part of its charm, and I don't particularly see a point to a "tamer" version of it. (Tamed by Lucas, not Disney, of course, but everyone here is on top of that.)