main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[DEVIN TOWNSEND] Hey Suzi...

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Spike2002, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    You got Ki yet?

If so, thoughts?

2. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
  3. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Yep, I got it on Friday and have managed to have one listen all the way through and I think it'll take a bit of getting used to. Some of the songs seem pretty quiet, with not much going on, or with slow build-ups. I'm a bit impatient though, so I need to take more time and listen to it a few times before I judge it. There are some lovely guitar bits and 'Trainfire' sticks out at the moment for me. In fact, I'm going to have another listen through now, lol.

Out of the next three to be released, I'm looking forward to the second and third (the 'heavier than anything he's ever done' one and the 'rock' one) to see what he comes up with.

He's also been working with Anneke van Giersbergen (formally of The Gathering) and she's been doing some vocals on his songs, so that could turn out quite nice.

What do you two think?

4. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I've had mixed feelings with it so far. Some excellent songs, especially some of the middle tracks, when at one point he sounds like Elvis, then goes into Opera. That's our Devy.

Defo looking forward to Deconstruction. If it's REALLY heavier than anything he's ever done, I'll be happy cos I feel starved of SYL.

5. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I've just started listening to Addicted. Starting off pretty well. Very DTB rather than SYL.

6. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Aye, I've managed to get a copy and need to give it a few listens- it does remind me more of Infinity/DtB era. I like Annekes vocals on there too, to give a bit of contrast.

I bought the deluxe package from his website- CD, poster, hoodie and artwork by Dev for $50- not bad at all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.