main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends Before - Legends Dexterous Dining (For DDC2018 challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sgt.Matt, May 12, 2018.

1. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2018
    Title: Dexterous Dining
    Genre: Diary
    Character: Dexter Jettster
    Timeframe: Legends

Summary: Laying upon the streets of CoCo Town, Coruscant; lies one of the best eateries across the hovering skyways. This short series of journal entries recollect the many trials and tribulations of Dexter Jettser, the proprietor of the eating establishment and a dreamer trying to survive the oddities that pick up a menu.

Entry 1

Blast this damn holo-diary, I shouldn’t have wasted 5.50 credits on this if that Bith brat was not so adorable looking....

Today was pretty well in terms of business, the thunderstorm managed to scrounge up speeding customers for the place. Slyther Bushforb came by on his regular dinner hours, never missing a minute to stop by and chew the fat with the locals; mostly the crews of various freighter companies or foremen from the Bith Banking Company. The blue Nuknog ordered his usual order; one Bantha Sirloin well done, a side of Gorg sliders with blue cream cheese filling, and a hot mug of Ardees for last. To this day, I still never understand how he stomachs all this at once. He never brings in a stomach acid bottle or Dug Tummy Pills for swallowing my meals. Maybe Slyther has an iron disgestive track like his personality; I’ll never understand probably.

Besides regulars with stomachs of a Bantha, my ordered package came in from Collicoid Culinary Works; my 9-98 Waitress droid came today all modified for duty. She was a real eye opener for my workers; her swift database of various creatures and their allergies proved well on the forefront. I cannot wait to see the credits rolling to me after my new droid starts to work. Although the Tradoshan that delivered to me mentioned that my 9-98 contained a “personality chip that would be problematic” or whatever that means.

What harm could a little personality chip do to a droid?

2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I like Dexter. He's pretty cool.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Welcome to the boards, Sgt.Matt. Dexter seems like both a seasoned restaurant veteran and a naive online purchaser. Either that personality chip is going to be fun for us readers or a whole lot of drama for Dexter. nice work.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    My bet is...both! Ah, yes, it always starts off so innocently...

Good premise for a DDC, @Sgt.Matt! So much potential, both from clients and the staff.

5. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Uh-uh...that's the question he shouldn't have asked... I have a bad feeling about this. [face_tee_hee]

6. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2018
    There will be more in the next diary entry

Entry 2

There’s a time when someone regrets anything they said beforehand, I guess one of those people is me and I definitely jinxed this big time.

My new droid turned out to be a real beauty at first; her graceful movements allowed for swift waiting during lunch hours and the added allure of her design attracted many....potential customers, although I swore many of them tried to flirt with her or something like that. After a four weeks though, everything went from smooth to rough real fast; my worst week happened after I activated the new personality chip inside 9-98.

9-98 was very calm and collected at first; never speaking rudely to customers and remaining polite to even the most filthiest of hellraisers. However after I activated her personality chip; she changed into a being that would fit perfectly in the back rooms of Nar Shaddaa. She changed from a sweet polite droid into a rude and sassy waitress; constantly getting into heated arguments with the other workers and flirting with the younger customers. I had to remove her away from some of the customers due to the fact that she increased her advances to steamier levels; Sweet Gundarks i had to pry her away before any of the younglings could repeat her phrases.

Besides the hell that my new droid was causing; I had to deal with a back room table of Gamorrean warriors, most of them came down to try some of my delicacies. Some ordered for Opee Roast with Rodian lemon, Wampa Shakes, and a dessert of chocolate coated Blurrg nuggets. While others ordered my famous sliders; grilled bantha meat filled with Colo-Claw chunks, Black Hole Pepper, and topped with Wampa cream cheese. It’s great to see new customers try some of my creations; even if my own cooking sometimes causes immense diarrhea or indigestion.

Although after the bill is paid; I hope Otto doesn’t freak at the sight of the mess that the Gammoreans left....

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    A pretty good start to your diary.

Interesting development with the droid.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oops, 9-98 needs a personality overhaul [face_laugh] the food served at the diner sounds scrumptious! All that cheese and sauces :) :D

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2018
    Yeah 9-98 is going to be a small problem for Dex, the food served at the diner was created from various recipes that my mother created on her own.

10. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2018
    [Author’s note: I apologize greatly for my unexplained absence, family issues and college preparation has taken up most of my personal time on the forum.]

Entry 3

Serving a Hutt can be both profitable and disgusting at the same time, a sentiment shared by many gourmands like myself.

Today was the day that Tabrak the Hutt decided to have luncheon at my establishment; my eyes saw stacks of credits slide down the large ship. The Hutt’s were very voracious customers in the culinary world; half of their culture revolves around stuffing themselves to bantha size and calling it “Baby Fat”. Tabrak practically answered that claimed when he slid inside; cracks were being made with every slither and a tile floor became a rubble trail. He took the entire back section with his massive body, along with a slew of Nikto thugs at his side. Taking up a well rounded table for his meal; Tabrak gave a personal order for my Shaddaa Special.

The Shaddaa Special was a unique recipe that I developed after mixing both Rancor Rum, Glitterstim, and other ingredients. Locals often downed a bottle of Dug Tummy Pills out of safety; since my creation had a tendency to intoxicate or enrich customers of different species. Scribbling the order into my data-pad, I went to work in the kitchen with Otto; a Whippid custodian and lieutenant in my kitchen. After an hour of cooking my creation, Tabrak had finally sated his hunger without even glancing. The table was rendered a powdery red mess and several chunks of Gamorrean bacon were strewn across the ceiling. Sufficed to say, the young crimelord was very pleased and he paid a large sum of credits for his luncheon.

As of today; I might just wanna write the recipe in case if anybody wants to know my personal favorite meals on any occasion.

The Shaddaa Special
    Recipe Trademarked by Dexter Jettster
    List of Materials needed:
    1 slab of Colo Claw Meat (Roasted)
    2 cups of Bantha Blue Glaze (Layer on meat carefully, like painting a picture)
    3/4 tsp’s of pure untreated glitterstim
    1 gallon of Rancor Rum (Meat soaked in after being heated)
    6/10 strips of Gamorrean Bacon (Optional)
    4/5 cups of Collicoid Mustard (Injected and Filled into Meat)
    6/7 cups of Wampa Whiskey (Boiled then mixed with Rancor Rum)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] A VERY intoxicating mixture and my goodness the GFFA of cholesterol generating foods -- (the bacon) ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I try to be around with comments for your updates, because I enjoy myself here!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.