main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    They took it over for Fortnite and GTA5.

just ugh

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    There’s an early mission to go to Hogsmeade and buy supplies, yes. It’s a neat area with a bunch of different shops you can go into seamlessly. The level of detail in this game is surprisingly great.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Have you played a game before? :p of course there are shops to get various items.

But I'm almost to Potions class so I can make them on my own.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You can't do a spot of Wizard GTA? Waltz in, steal some stuff, leg it....

....and get killed by the incredibly efficient, telepathic magic cops.

5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I meant the damn kids for hogwarts taking over your tv for 6 hours.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I am now playing Fantastic Beasts and where to find them. :p

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Oh lol I'm smart. This is why I'm a Ravenclaw!

8. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    One thing I like about this game story-wise is that the primary Slytherin NPC is actually a pretty friendly guy and the underground dueling ring is run by a Gryffindor.

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I like the Slytherin so far! I chose to go to Hogsmeade with him.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The game itself does a lot better job than the movies or books of making your friends from multiple houses. In the movies Harry’s main two Chums are both from the same house. In this game Natty and Sebastian are the two main friends I would say and while you can be any house they are from Slytherin and Gryffindor respectively. Also you’ll see some of the side characters are also hanging out with friends from other houses.

The housing thing in Hogwarts makes no god damn sense. Your supposed to be sorted based on your “core values”, but as a kid those can change pretty fast. It’s neither here nor there.

the point is this game handles it better

also I get a laugh that that underground dueling club is run by what looks like a second year. It’s just kinda funny.

11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I actually played this game today before 4 pm. That’s nuts. That is my game time for years and it takes something cool to break it.

I have seemingly opened up the larger world. I can’t wait to get out there. Hopefully I can learn the spell that takes the trophy away from the Chiefs soon.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea if you have gotten to the town where your sent to buy supplies you have opened up the world.

13. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I’m having a blast slaying goblins and spiders around Lower Hogsfield solving Merlin mysteries to expand inventory slots.

The 3rd cross wand bout was giving me an ass whooping earlier today but I have gotten some better stat gear now so will probably do that shortly.

Speaking of gear I learned I can change the appearance of it today and now I’m set back to a school uniform. I felt out of place wearing the other robes and the uniform one doesn’t look to bad with the hood up. So who else is wearing them to? Or not?

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I have almost been playing a week for now, mostly doing side quest and doing collectibles with little main story. learning all kinds of spells and going to classes. fighting, Goblins, dark wizards, spiders,trolls and other monsters.

you can change your appearance, upgrade your clothing, with gathering Fantastic Beast furs after rescue them and keeping them in your own little Zoo. You get Talents you can upgrade with your magic.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm on level 10 but have yet to unlock talents. Should probably progress the main story aka actually go to classes instead of messing about.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I am on level 31.

17. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    But do y’all wear your House robes feature since we are in school?

18. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Yeah, I’m in house robes with a Hufflepuff scarf. Aesthetically, anyway. Technically, I’m wearing a full white plastic face mask. Which is not a piece of gear I expected to be in this game.

19. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I’d like to complain again how the nature of modern games means that I’ll never get to play them on the day I receive them. It takes hours to install them, and if I want to watch TV or use my internet for anything more complicated than web browsing, I’ll have to pause the download.

That being said, after Amazon delivering my copy on Monday afternoon, and a near 24-hour download time, I’ll finally get to play Legacy this morning. This was the game whose release date was my target time for upgrading to a Series X. Luckily I got that out of the way two months ago.

I solemnly swear that I will be up to no good in this game.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I've never understood the appeal of being a reluctant villain, if you're going to be bad you should go all out.
    What I love about Star Wars games is the ability to choose to be good or evil. In one playthrough you can help people in another you can mind trick them into jumping over balconies to their death.

I'd go full Voldemort in Legacy, just to see how far I can get and what carnage is possible.
    Can you be expelled?

I'd also do a regular heroic playthrough, it's generally preferable to save creatures and have friends

I don't think she had a lot of say in the content, she basically just gets royalties now and lets other people utilize her world

Which is probably for the best.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh it definitely is for the best. I would prefer some study but the rights completely. Cause her last few major times trying to write something for the wizarding world have been okay at best and horrible most of the time. Not that I think any studio legally can or has the funds to. If it were to sell it would probably sell for 4 billion to 6 billion. And the only studio really with that much cash is Disney and I doubt they can legally even buy the rights.

22. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    All right, so how exactly are you supposed to open the number doors? I’ve tried every possible animal picture and nothing seems to work. I’ve worked out that the missing animals on one particular door are supposed to be spider (8) and hydra (3), except that hydra isn’t even an option on the roller thing next to the door. What do I do?

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Go to YouTube, go to YouTube directly, do not pass go, do not buy 200 house elves.

PCCViking likes this.
  24. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I mean he would still be alive