main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Animation could be interesting but I'd much prefer live action, something that can do justice to the books in a way that films can't.

black_saber likes this.
  2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Agreed. Like I said before, it would do justice to turn the Harry Potter reboot into a tv series than just making another set of movies because of not leaving out details and who knows, maybe they add brand new content as well.

3. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    The JKR stuff is much ado about nothing. WB are in business with her. They have no power over her. FB can't continue without her since she is the one telling the story. SK is back to adapt her story like with HP because of the issues FB2 had. WB clearly have no issue with her and their nothing of statement showed that. Those actors releasing statements is more about them protecting their bottom line than anything else. Unlike JKR, the twitter mop can cancel them and ruin their careers. The only thing WB have to worry about is the damage FB2 did to part 3. The best they can do is hope part 3 is much better movie and stop the bleeding.

Emperor Ferus and Coruscant like this.
  4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

You see, I feel only Animation could do justice to the books in a way that live action can’t.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  6. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    This is going to hurt the Harry Potter brand eventually. She should do what Lucas did and sell off the rights to future movie entries to the WB to give new (less controversial) creators the keys to it

black_saber likes this.
  7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    One of the most irksome parts of her argument is the fact that she focuses on young people. She keeps up with the "trans people are fine, some of my best friends are trans, but it's not natural and young people shouldn't make these decisions about gender until they're mature and know themselves better".

I mean ffffffffff did I read the Harry Potter books wrong? Isn't one of the major themes, if not the major theme, about how kids are able to make important decisions for themselves? That adults are basically just kids with more baggage, and are often so stuck in their ways they're too reluctant to change? Isn't that the source of most of the problems Harry and co. encounter -- thickheaded adults who make bad decisions based on old grudges? Made that way because social norms told them to do something and pigeon-holed them as something, even if they wanted to make a change but didn't? I mean dang Cursed Child had its problems but even it managed to uphold that central theme.

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I mean, JK could easily have been describing herself. :rolleyes:

Dagobahsystem and Iron_lord like this.
  9. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

Rowling getting dunked on by actors from the movies will never get old for me.

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  11. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016

I don't play video games but now...I wish I did and had the money to buy this.

12. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I don't play video games anymore either, but that does look really fun. I'd watch someone play that for awhile.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    i wish it had gotten a ps4 version as well like Miles Morales and Horizon did but not seeing anything (which is odd you'd think WB games would want to blast all platforms)

So late 1800s lore-wise all I can think of we could get student Dumbledore and Grindelwald? Maybe?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    It is

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    What's stopping you starting with this one?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    Cash. Also, I'm not sure buying whatever is needed just to play one game is smart investment.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    PS4s are suddenly about to get a lot cheaper when this game hits at least.

SevPrince likes this.
  18. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    More info about the game from their site: https://hogwartslegacy.warnerbrosgames.com/
    Q: What kind of game is Hogwarts Legacy?
    A: Hogwarts Legacy is an immersive, open-world, action role-playing-game set in the 1800s wizarding world, which puts players at the centre of their own adventure.

Q: What platforms will Hogwarts Legacy be on?
    A: Hogwarts Legacy will be available for PlayStation5, PlayStation4, PlayStation4 Pro, the Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox Series X and Xbox One X, and PC.

Q: What is J.K. Rowling’s involvement with the game? Is this a new story from J.K. Rowling?
    A: J.K. Rowling is not directly involved in the creation of the game, however, her extraordinary body of writing is the foundation of all projects in the Wizarding World.
    This is not a new story from J.K. Rowling.

Q: Are Portkey Games created with J.K. Rowling’s approval?
    A: Each experience offered under Portkey Games will take place in the Wizarding World and will be authentic to the Wizarding World. J.K. Rowling is supportive of Portkey Games and has entrusted the design and creation of the games to WB Games and the developers involved.

Hogwarts Legacy is an immersive, open-world action RPG set in the world first introduced in the Harry Potter books. Now you can take control of the action and be at the center of your own adventure in the wizarding world. Embark on a journey through familiar and new locations as you explore and discover fantastic beasts, customize your character and craft potions, master spell casting, upgrade talents, and become the wizard you want to be.

Experience Hogwarts in the 1800s. Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. You have received a late acceptance to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and soon discover that you are no ordinary student: you possess an unusual ability to perceive and master Ancient Magic. Only you can decide if you will protect this secret for the good of all, or yield to the temptation of more sinister magic.

Discover the feeling of living at Hogwarts as you make allies, battle Dark wizards, and ultimately decide the fate of the wizarding world. Your legacy is what you make of it.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    That. Also while games start off expensive, they can depreciate very quickly. Once you get out of the habit of buying games at launch, they are far easier to acquire.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Sounds like David Attenborough got the gig.

21. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Now I have two Console games to look forward too which are the Harry Potter game and a middle earth game the hunt for Gollum.

I hope WB can continue the middle earth shadows of Mordor saga with more games.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So, what happens when there's a gender change option built in for your character?

23. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    What do you mean?

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's a common feature in 'create your own character' RPGs, you get to respec everything.

Rowling won't know that, the tabloids won't care. Add in the anti-trans comments of the one and the habits of the other and it could be quite the explosion.

25. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    There some rumor that HBO max might have some Harry Potter tv shows coming but Unfortunately I am not confirming anything.

Anyways since I got other news from the source called Mikey, even if the news is clickbait, I still believe tv shows, more movies in the potter more universe is bound to happen like what’s happening with Star Wars, middle earth, and game of thrones sooner or later. Most likely later.

J k Rowling like George Lucas as said one thing than they do the opposite. Before Disney bought Star Wars, I do remember Rumors of Star Wars movies coming being false and ended up being the opposite, I believe the Harry Potter universe is doing the same thing too.

Like they say no and do the opposite, that’s just how Hollywood or any franchise works.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020