main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    None of this is what I’m asking for are any of those tv shows or movies about the topics I asked about no okay. thank you I’m aware of those. the game looks dope.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yes

3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Harry Potter Tv shows for hbo Max will happen a lot later than likely sooner. I am predicting it’s inevitable because of Star Wars, marvel, game of thrones, lord of the rings maybe, and etc.

I am not confirming it but I am just speculating.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    Why do you think later? Instead of sooner?

5. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Because of J k Rowling being strict about the copyrights, control over the franchise and has the say in what comes and goes.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  6. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    Maybe she’ll make a show that we all want to try to fix her rep! but yeah that makes sense!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I really want to see the Maruaders years, but at the same time, I don't.
    I've read so many fan-fics of the era, that I fear that whatever is done won't compare.
    So lets explore the Founder's era!

ladygrey45 likes this.
  8. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I suppose once the fantastic beast films are done, we will know what future movie or tv show projects are coming or a reboot/remake of the Harry Potter movies with an all new cast of actors if that’s happening.

I would really love that, but I also still love the Daniel Radcliffe version of all 8 of the movies. I know a lot of the fans are against the remake/reboot because of the cast of actors captivating and remarkable performances but I asking the fans to give it a chance and maybe we can get more details from the books added to the reboot/remake movies or tv show never making it the into the original eight films. And who knows, maybe the new actors could be just as good or better.

But our best focus and attention is the fantastic beasts franchise right now because we have not heard any news except about the video game coming from Warner brothers gaming studios.

9. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    Fantastic beasts isn’t that good to me ,like for me the story isn’t doing it I wouldn’t care if these were canceled tbh. I don’t want a Harry Potter reboot I actually really enjoy the movies, but I would love a continuation something about his kids ! Or ivermony eve just some cool extended movie.

10. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I like the first fantastic beast movie but the second one is horrible. Hopefully the next one will be better.

I enjoyed the other 8 movies and the reason why I think a reboot/remake would be cool if done right could win the book readers fan who were dissatisfied or disappointed with the movies and obvious I am not speaking for all of the fans of the novels because some did like both.

So basically or more details and characters from the books that where cut out could make into the reboot/remake movies or tv series.

That is why I support the remake/reboot.

11. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    It would just be a rehash you know I want something fresh! like moving the story along.

12. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Yeah I agree for new stories too.

Jedi Knight Fett and ladygrey45 like this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    In this remake notion, who in their right mind would take on the role of Snape? Those 8 movies nabbed one hell of a great cast.

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    What about using the already great former child actors, to play the older characters? Evanna Lynch as Sybil, for example, or Tom Felton as Lucius? Benedict Clarke, who played the young Snape, could play the adult Snape.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    What I was more getting is who wants to compete with Rickman's portayal.

Rew and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Sure, Rickman's portrayal is difficult to beat. So don't try - pick someone who can act well, but don't demand that they copy Rickman's performance - allow them to put a new spin on it, taking more from the books.

PCCViking and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    And some actors would be up for it, but I couldn't blame someone for not guving it a go due to the bar set by their predecessor.

Jedi Merkurian and Iron_lord like this.
  18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The main reason I suggest using as many of the child actors of the originals as possible, in as appropriate roles as possible - is that those will have already built up some goodwill among the fanbase - and that's something worth making use of.

Emperor Ferus and PCCViking like this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm not sure that's really needed, after all the stage play was successful in having other actors portray the characters.

Jedi Merkurian and Iron_lord like this.
  20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It's a two-way street - actors with some experience in the franchise, with pleasant memories of acting in it, might be especially happy to be invited back, and give their all.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm not sure how it might work out. I mean, in terms of SW, Hamill isn't ever going to be seen as any character other than Luke.

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    James Garner, who played Maverick in the TV series of that name, did a pretty good job as Maverick's father in the later movie.

23. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Surely Adam Driver would be an obvious choice for Snape?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    It’s not just that Harry Potter had a great cast, although it did, but with the exception of Michael Gambon replacing Richard Harris as Dumbledore, the Potterverse kept its entire cast, which makes Harry Potter feel more like an eight part miniseries than a film franchise. It also only had four directors and just two writers, so the look and tone of the films was incredibly consistent.

25. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Maybe for a younger snape if they a movie or tv show about snape himself.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020