main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Because it's already happening (and what is happening has been facing obstacles), and most places aren't Disney and capable of putting out at least half a dozen shows/movies a year. Oversaturation, and bad press of JK Rowling, can also be playing a role. Wrap up Fantastic Beasts first, then do a Cursed Child movie maybe.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Voldermorth offspring :D!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Well, duh......

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Ok so i have heard bad things about this fan fiction play and is about the OG's kids plus malfoy's and voldermorth's. I kinda want this so i can see it. Maybe We see voldermorth in flashbacks. Will this just be one movie with one last adventure of the OG gang. I'm intrested.

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Fan fiction? It's by Rowling, so no, cannot be that.

By reputation though, there's plenty of other grounds to bomb it on.

black_saber likes this.
  6. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I"d really love a Cursed Child movie, with some tweaks to the plot optional. The one problem is Rowling. Radcliffe won't even do it if she's involved, for example.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I think we might have a better chance for Harry Potter sequel movies than tv shows in my opinion.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    If they make this movie, I don't want to see movie trio. I know is good business move and they can do marketing based on OT cast being back, blah blah but creative wise, it would just feel off to me. I think best thing would be to choose from broadway actors and maybe one or two well known actors for Snape recast or something. Oddly enough I don't feel the same way about the older cast members. Reading the book/script, I had no problem envisioning older cast members as their characters but for the life of me couldn't with Dan, Emma and Rupert. Even seeing them now as their adult selves, still can't see it. They still look the same to me more or less. Cursed child just feels like its own thing.

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Give the Snape role to Tim Roth. He was originally going to play him, but he had to do Tim Burton's classic and memorable Planet of the Apes remake instead. He'd probably be truer to the book version. As great as Rickman was, Snape had a lot of explosive rage in the books.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  10. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    Yeah but Cursed Child Snape is more mature and older wiser Snape than in the books.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I haven't read the script so i don't know mutch about it, but didn't Snape die, did they resurrect him?

12. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Tim Roth is about the age that book Snape would be in Cursed Child.

And about the Golden Trio, I would personally wait another 8 years to film the CC film so that it is released 19 years after Deathly Hallows Part 2. That would make them about 40.

13. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    The plot involves time travel using the time turners so they go to alternate timelines. One of those timelines is one where Voldemort won, Harry death and Snape is older who is still teaching and secretly working with Ron/Hermione.[spoiler/]

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  14. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    for my IMDB page I want to do a 2011-2021 fancast of the series, for a nonexistent adaptation that captures the spirit and elements of the books far more than the movies did. Make them all more like the first two, or even more so.

Question: should I make it a film series like we have or should it be a TV show?

And about Snape in Cursed Child, I think he receives the Dementor’s kiss according to the Potter wiki.

15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  16. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    About the whole read another book-
    It’s pure straw man that Harry Potter fans haven’t read anything else, or that the series is where we get all our opinions/views. It’s just a series that we’ve freaking fallen in love with. The story appeals to me, as do the locations and characters and their dynamics. I love the world of Harry Potter and his is a journey I can root for.
    It’s not something to grow out of like a phase, or a sign of immaturity or lack of intelligence that somebody is a fan of Harry Potter.

I am ****ing proud to be a Potterhead no matter who says it’s badly written or for young people.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  17. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Who the **** is saying that?

I've read the books, but Potter isn't my thing - but I have plenty of 'my things' to know the joy of something that you like, that you reread and rewatch over and over again. I'm rereading The Hobbit, a book I first read over 40 years ago and have read a dozen times since. Good on you for finding something to be passionate about enjoying.

The only valid reason someone should say to you 'read another book' is in the context of 'hey, since you like that, here's something else you might enjoy'.

18. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Sorry, I just had a passionate burst.
    Nothing at all against non-Potterheads.

Hope that didn’t come off the wrong way. The Hobbit is pretty good too.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    blackmyron and Iron_lord like this.
  19. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Nah, Ferus - I was in total agreement with you. Just showing support as a fellow passionate person about book series, in a somewhat clumsy way. [face_peace]

Emperor Ferus and Iron_lord like this.
  20. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    You weren’t clumsy at all.

Also, for everyone, I’m not opposed to someone like Melissa Anelli becoming the Kathleen Kennedy/Dave Filoni/Jon Favreau of Harry Potter, replacing Rowling as the canon officiator.

Rew and Iron_lord like this.
  21. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    That is such a horrifying post to read. I'm sorry.

22. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Doesn’t have to be Melissa, but she seems to be an expert and fan of the Potter lore and would treat it well. I’d rather someone like her than WB

By all accounts, she doesn’t share Rowling’s negative social views. I could be mistaken about that though.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  23. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    I don't personally ever want to witness anyone heading HP other than its creator.
    Heck, I don't even like the idea of endless soulless spinoffs and IP exploitation that has become the norm for MCU/SW. That's just me though. People can't seemed to get enough of corporate IP fanfics.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Darkslayer and cwustudent like this.
  24. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    Vanity Fair: Looks like we will get more of the Grindelwald (and Dumbledore I guess) backstory in FB3.
    Total Film: Looks like they wrapped filming finally.
    I also hope in this movie they address who is the master of the elder wand now. I believe it was Newt that disarmed (more or less) Grindelwald in FB. I don't remember if anyone disarmed Newt in FB2 (that tumblr post I linked to said Yusuf Kama diarmed both Newt and Tina in FB2). If that is the case than is Kama who is the master of the elder wand now.
    The elder wand and how it changes allegiance has been made a bit messy in Deathly Hallow with Harry's little tussle with Draco meaning he won the elder wand. So I don't know or are these movies just going to ignore this and assume Grindelwald never lost the allegiance of the elder wand.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  25. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    Looks like Aberforth has been cast in FB3.

[​IMG]
    Seriously though WB, time to release official news about FB3 (cause I need it).

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    BigAl6ft6 and Emperor Ferus like this.