main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Diary of a mentor, diary 2008 challenge completed 28-12 with a note by Leia

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Diary of a mentor
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: JQ -intertrillogy
    Characters: Magin Bhik, Oc's, canon
    Genre: diary
    Keywords: agricorps Alderaan
    Summary: Magin Bhik accompanies Alwin Karao to Alderaan and writes about his adventures with the young Jedi
    Disclaimer: Star Wars = George Lucas.

ties in with my finished story The name is Bhik, Magin Bhik

Entry 1

The name is Bhik, Magin Bhik and I have been a member of the Jedi intelligence since the day that I was knighted.
    I am packing my belongings because today I am leaving the Jeditemple that has been my home for 69 years.
    I was badly injured during my last mission and that has left me with a permanent limp in my left leg and I can only walk with a brace and a walking-stick. That speeded up my retirement from the Jedi intelligence and a request from master Yoda gave me a new purpose in life.

I am leaving to the agristation in the small town of Alladea on Alderaan tomorrow.
    Accompanying me will be a young initiate who has turned 13 years a few days ago.
    His name is Alwin Karao and I have met him in the garden of a thousand fountains when I was able to walk again with a stick crafted by Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    The boy had performed badly in the lightsabertournament and I talked to him and was impressed by his knowledge of plants and animals. I became friends with him.

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...poor Alwin!

How terrible to have performed so badly but I hope he can find peace and happiness in his new life on Alderaan.

Please PM me when you update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    How sad that he has to leave the Jedi intelligence! :(
    But this new purpose might mean even more! :)

Great start! I'm looking forward to more!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Mavjade posted: How sad that he has to leave the Jedi intelligence!
    But this new purpose might mean even more!

Great start! I'm looking forward to more!

Thanks for reading and yes they will have many adventures on Alderaan

Entry 2

I have said goodbye to Jika Bale and the others of Jedi intelligence and when I told Jika I had started this diary, he started to grin broadly. Jedi intelligence members usually don?t do diaries and short reports about missions are all there is to go to the archives.
    I promised Jika to send him the entries.

A droid was guiding my chest with belongings as I limped after it towards the hangar and the transport that would take Alwin Karao and me to the public spaceport.

Obi-Wan and Yoda were waiting for me to say goodbye.
    Obi-Wan, I have spent a lot of days with him in the healer?s ward when we were injured.
    He saved me when that man fired his blaster at me getting badly injured in his hand and leg. And his determination and his guidance were essential for me to get walking again.

Anakin helped me too after he had mistaken my lightsaber for a blaster and transported Obi-Wan and me not to the local hospital on Lingala but to the Jeditemple.
    I am glad he did because that infection that was bothering me and his master could be treated best at the Jeditemple. He crafted the brace I am wearing now and it is as if it isn't there at all.

I saw Alwin and Master Ekiway entering the hangar and they talked of course about animals. Master Ekiway is the gardener of the Jeditemple and he takes care of the children?s farm.

I welcomed Alwin and before we boarded the transport Obi-Wan gave Alwin two packages. He opened one of them and in it was a Force sensitive stone. The other contained a recording of Alladea and the firestation of Mick Robi.

I promised Obi-Wan to send messages of my adventures on Alderaan and said goodbye to my friends.

tbc-

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I hope he will also send messages to us...

*whistles along to "Dikkertje Dap" from Herman Van Veen and will be happy to read more on Magin being a mentor!*

6. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...that was rather sad.

I hate good-byes but I look forward to Bhik's adventures on Alderaan.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm glad to see that you're doing another diary. Please put me on the PM list for this one.

=D=

8. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww.. goodbyes are always so sad! But new things are coming, which is always good!! :)

Great update!

Thanks for the PM!

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    AzureAngel2 posted: I hope he will also send messages to us...

*whistles along to "Dikkertje Dap" from Herman Van Veen and will be happy to read more on Magin being a mentor!*

Kelia posted: Awww...that was rather sad.

I hate good-byes but I look forward to Bhik's adventures on Alderaan.

Great update

He will have a lot of adventures with Alwin and the members of the agristation.

You are on the PM list and thanks for reading.

Mavjade posted: Awww.. goodbyes are always so sad! But new things are coming, which is always good!! happy

Great update!

Thanks for the PM!

Thanks for reading [:D]

Entry 3

We have settled in our cabin on the transport that took off yesterday from the Senate district spaceport.
    Three days of travel and we are at our destiny.

We are on a freighter with some passenger accommodations and every nook and cranny is filled.

Even the freight-rooms are filled with beings going to Alderaan to escape the tough living conditions on Coruscant.

A city-planet is for those who love nature and fresh air an abomination.

We have a small two person cabin with beds that when pulled out of their holds occupy the entire floor and a fresher is situated at the foot of one of the beds.

Alwin is using that bed because he is small and I have some difficulty with that leg of mine.

I can use that part of his bed that isn?t needed to crawl to the fresher.

During daytime we wander the corridors of the transport or visit one of the galleys.

This evening we went to bed and the captain of the transport has warned us of an ion-storm on the second hyperspace jump to Alderaan.

A blaring siren alerts us and we wait, with crash-webbing in place and the soft contoured forms of the beds supporting us.

Three, two, one

tbc-

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    This evening we went to bed and the captain of the transport has warned us of an ion-storm on the second hyperspace jump to Alderaan.

A blaring siren alerts us and we wait, with crash-webbing in place and the soft contoured forms of the beds supporting us.

Three, two, one

Very cool. I liked that ending.

=D=

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks for reading and here is the next part of that storm.

Entry 4

Thanks to the crash webbing on our beds we stayed in place.

It was Alwin?s first experience with an ion-storm and he wasn?t frightened at all.

Early in the morning we landed on the main spaceport of Alderaan in the capital of Aldera

No one recognised us as Jedi because we had donned farmers garb and that put us through the usual procedures for new arrivals.

Forms in triplicate and only my Jedi-powers could prevent a taking of holo?s, fingerprinting and DNA sampling.

Because of a nagging feeling I didn?t want it to become public knowledge that two Jedi (and one of them a fully trained Knight) had joined the agricorps.

As a spy I had those feelings before and I have always followed the Force. I became known to the authorities as Mack Brin and Alwin as my nephew Algren Kite.

Alwin found the entire thing just funny and when we exited the spaceport building he said ?and now up to Alladea? and walked with youthful exuberance towards a groundtransport.

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I can't wait to see what happens next! =D=

13. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Thanks to the crash webbing on our beds we stayed in place

That's always a good thing!

I'm glad to see Bhik and Alwin safe...for now.

Great updates

=D= =D= =D= =D=

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    If I could chose where to live I also would go for Alderaan...

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    VaderLVR64 I can't wait to see what happens next!

AzureAngel2 If I could chose where to live I also would go for Alderaan...

Thanks all for reading and they will arrive at the agristation and the 'giving up' mini challenge is in it.

Entry 5

The small town Alladea was our destiny and we had to switch transports four times before we were on a small local groundtransport. I did choose this many changes because we represented two poor farmers and those transports were cheap and no ID?s were checked.

Once a spy, always a spy, my chief Jika Bale would say.

Alladea is a beautiful town surrounded by green hills and a river flows nearby. Snowcapped mountains are near and Alladea is a nice resort for the tourists from Aldera when it is winter.

A member of the agristation met us in the transportterminal and he introduced himself as Fikri Rinuon, engineer of the station.

Fikri is a Zabrak male and when we boarded his transport he told us of his days at the temple.
    He had fallen in love with Ilia Onosta and was given the choice to remain with the Jedi or leave with Ilia. After no master chose her Ilia had decided to become a farmer. She had been weak in the Force and was 1 year older than Fikri.

Fikri told me he was very sad when he had to give up the life of a Jedi and when he joined the agristation he had taught himself Jedi-techniques.

Alwin was awed by this and told Fikri that he had left the Jedi because he was clumsy and loved to be with animals.

Fikri told him that he would teach him.

We reached the agristation after half an hour and it is beautifully situated at the foot of the large mountainrange. Large fields of grass and grains surround it and Nerfs, Meari?s and Husans are grazing in the meadows.

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    We reached the agristation after half an hour and it is beautifully situated at the foot of the large mountainrange. Large fields of grass and grains surround it and Nerfs, Meari?s and Husans are grazing in the meadows.

What a peaceful picture you've painted here...

=D=

17. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    How wonderful Alwin has Fikri to teach him Jedi techniques.

Alladea sounds like paradise

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    [face_love]

Yes, I miss mountains and snow here in the Netherlands.

;)

Thanks for giving such nice descriptions of the places your characters are.

19. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    :oops: I'm so behind!

Wonderrful entries!!

Large fields of grass and grains surround it and Nerfs, Meari?s and Husans are grazing in the meadows.
    Sounds wonderful!! Can I go there! :D

Great job!

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Kelia: How wonderful Alwin has Fikri to teach him Jedi techniques.
    Alladea sounds like paradise
    Great update

AzureAngel2: Yes, I miss mountains and snow here in the Netherlands.
    Thanks for giving such nice descriptions of the places your characters are.

mavjade:
    I'm so behind!
    Wonderrful entries!!
    Large fields of grass and grains surround it and Nerfs, Meari?s and Husans are grazing in the meadows.
    Sounds wonderful!! Can I go there!
    Great job!

Thanks for reading[:D]
    I want to describe a nice surrounding for Jedi who are sent away to the agricorps. Next entry is an introduction. And in entries to come more will be revealed about the members of this agristation.

Entry 6
    Let me introduce the members of the agristation, my new friends.

- Cas Hegrin. He is the head of the station and he is a dark haired human with a tan skin and opaline green eyes. Under the tutelage of an old Jedi who had chosen the place after his retirement he had grown and was soon ready to become the leader of the station. At 26 years of age he took over and he is now 52 years old.

- Fikri Rinuon (43) a Zabrak male
    - Ilia Onosta (44) a Zabrak female

- Marv Lewrin (55) a Shistavanen male.
    - Ooksi Figri-Sa-Nil (55) a Shistavanen male.

- Phil Nolo (45) is a black human and an engineer.

- Ulla-i-Dunhir (64) and her partner
    - Niob Phurun (65) are blue humanoids from Wroona.

- Surina Hawri (66) is an exotic cream-coloured female from Cathar.

- Cha Sirok (61) is like his wife
    - Asta Pavar (61) a Telrite and they dwarfed the others of the agristation with 2,5 m length and massive built. Both have red hair and salmon coloured skin that contrasts with their purple eyes.

- Djon v?Ima (34) a human
    - Zamara Winnow (33) a human and wife of Djon.

- Vince Carnil (61) a human and
    - Ret Ghan (49) a human and almost looking like a younger brother of Cas.

The agristation has a big main building and each member has a nice apartment.
    I got an apartment with two bedrooms and have settled in with Alwin.

Diner is usually served in the large common room and that is a nice place to be and meet everybody.
    The stables are large and house the animals of the agristation when it is cold outside or snow covers the landscape.

Breeding Mearis and Husans is a specialty of this agristation and also a nice breed of Nerf with cream coloured fur is raised on the farm. They are nice and kind for children and one of the buyers of them is the Jeditemple.
    Shacks for grains and technical equipment surround the farm.

21. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW, I had no idea the agristation was so heavily populated, but that is great.

And I love seeing him make friends with everyone.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Nice update! =D= Loved the background info.

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Yepp, those infos are very good and apreciated!

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

VaderLVR64
    Nice update! =D= Loved the background info.

AzureAngel2 Yepp, those infos are very good and apreciated!

It is nice to write about a piece of the Jedi-lore that is seldom seen in stories and this diary will explore the workings of one agristation before and during the Clone-Wars. Thanks all for reading this diary[:D]

Entry 7

Our first week on the agristation has passed and we are settling in.

Alwin has become the loved child of every member and each one wants to teach him new things. And Alwin, he just loves it.

Fikri has begun to teach him more of the Jedi-ways.

Djon v?Ima is one of the caretakers for the animals and he is teaching me.

Djon v?Ima is a human and he had been at the Jeditemple until his 10th birthday. Sneaking away during lessons and clumsy at lightsaber practice he was deemed unfit to become a Jedi-padawan. He was always found at the children?s farm of Master Ekiway and the crèchemaster had talked with him about a job at the agristation. Djon had his answer ready and was the next day on his way to the agristation. That had been 24 years ago and he had met Zamara Winnow in the village when he was celebrating his 22th birthday with some of his friends during the village fair. He had fallen in love and married her.

I am learning how to groom a Meari and those animals are very kind. They are four-legged and have a large head with small pointed ears. They have a height of 1,5 metres and are covered with curly brown fur and have a long black tail and long manes at each side of the neck.

They are used to pull the sleds in winter and are ridden to herd the Nerfs.

I have begun my work with Alwin and am teaching him the ways of the Jedi and more specially the ways of a Jedi spy.

I have a feeling that it will come in handy in the future

25. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Alwin has become the loved child of every member

Awwwww....[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I have a feeling that it will come in handy in the future

Uh oh [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.