main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Diary of a mentor, diary 2008 challenge completed 28-12 with a note by Leia

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I have a feeling that it will come in handy in the future

I've got a bad feeling about this... [face_worried]

=D=

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    VaderLVR64 I have a feeling that it will come in handy in the future

I've got a bad feeling about this... [face_worried]

=D=

Yes and his feelings will become true but that will take a while. Thanks for reading and here is the next update with the green challenge in it

Entry 8

I am teaching Alwin to hide his presence in the Force. As a Jedi-spy my master Sonnie taught me that when it became apparent that I would follow in his footsteps. Alwin is very adept at it and after only five lessons he could hide in the barn with the Meari?s and surprise me by dropping the contents of a bucket of water on my head. It was warm weather and I just laughed when he said ?oops master Bhik.?

Cas Hegrin saw also the humour in it and he asked me to teach him that Force hide as well.
    The result of it is that I am now a teacher to all of them and they are at it with varying results.

Vince Carnil could hide after two lessons and he was disguised as a green bush. That got Alwin giggling because one of the Meari?s didn?t see the human in the bush and began to eat from it until a grumbling Vince appeared and said ?no more green bushes for me. Next time I hide in the Meari-stable? and he walked away and slipped on a piece of Nerf-poodoo.

Alwin was hollering with laughter and Vince chased after him and both ended up in the small duck-pond next to the farm and started a waterfight.

And the ducks?

They quacked and waited until the two dripping men exited their domain.

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for the fun up-date!

4. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Great update! [face_laugh] =D=

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was hilarious.

I hope Alwin will never need to hide himself in the Force.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    AzureAngel2 Thanks for the fun up-date!

VaderLvr64 Great update! [face_laugh]=D=

Thanks and it is nice to write something funny.

Entry 9

Alwin asked me of my early days in the Jedi temple after a meeting with Cas Hegrin and his tales as an initiate.

We were in one of the sheds, stacking the new hay for the winter.

I told him of my room-mates Qui-Gon Jinn, Benno Perion and Mace Windu and when I told him about Mace Alwin began to giggle.

Yeah it was funny being in the same room with Mace. Mace was eight years old when he came to live in our room and he was different from us. By us I mean the Jinn, Perion and Bhik gang.

Mace was the funny one and with him the mayhem started. Usually it was Jinn or Perion who started it and I mostly just watched their antics develop.

Surina Hawry, the Cathar female came walking towards us when I was telling one of those tales and she started to smile. Being 2 years younger than Mace Windu she had been in the same clan and she had seen many of our antics.

She said that she still remembered the rockhounds in the laundry and in Master Nu?s archives and began to tell us that story.

Cas Hegrin heard our laughter and he joined us and soon after that the entire population of the agristation was sitting in the hay.

I told them about a cat in the dryer, bookworms in Jocasta Nu's salad and a green kitchen because Qui-Gon forgot to remove the lid from a can of green peas.

7. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Mace was the funny one and with him the mayhem started

Now that's hard to imagine but I loved the memories of life at the Temple

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely update! =D=

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Every child can have fun even Jedi. Thanks for reading.

VaderLVR64 Lovely update =D= Thanks again for reading.

Entry 10

Winter in the mountains is beautiful.
    I have seen snow on many of my journeys as a spy but this snow is so untouched, so natural.
    When I was an initiate in the Jeditemple we had snow occasionally when the weather-control system was programmed or went out of control.

Those out of control days were fun because the teachers didn?t expect that and mostly one of the initiates spotted that snow first and gave a yell.
    Being 9 years old that was permitted.
    Yelling I mean.

Control of your emotions and uttering a neutral reply came much later and when you were studying under a master.
    Finding snow the teachers allowed us to play outside in one of the gardens with roof-coverings that could be opened.

My roommates Qui-Gon, Benno and Mace accompanied me and we made castles, snowmen and one time a snow-Mace with purple socks.
    That got us ? Qui-Gon, Benno and me ? a whitewashing from Mace and some others.

Snow here on Alderaan gives other activities like hitching one of the Meari?s up to a sled and going outside for a ride or in case of the younger members like Alwin and Djon v?Ima skiing or snowboarding.

My brace and walking-stick don?t allow that kind of activities anymore but in my years as a spy I have used a snowboard once to escape from a gang of thugs. Aided by the Force I could descend a danger-marked slope and could avoid them and contact the local police. They were apprehended later by the authorities and no lives were lost.

For a Jedi that is of the utmost importance and I have never killed an opponent.

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Yet another wonderful update. =D=

11. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Being 9 years old that was permitted.
    Yelling I mean.

I would certainly hope so. Children should be allowed to enjoy their youth.

Loved the image of a snow Mace with purple socks

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Wow, excellent story all around. Gotta love them Purple socks. =D=

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *is just back from skiing in the mountains!*

And aye, it´s beautiful.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    VaderLVR64 Yet another wonderful update.

RK_Sith Wow, excellent story all around. Gotta love them Purple socks.

AzureAngel2 *is just back from skiing in the mountains!*

And aye, it´s beautiful.

Thank you all for reading. Jedi children can enjoy their childhood like all other loved children. And inspired by the singing birds and young lambs is this update.

Entry 11

Spring approaches and that means young animals. The chicks are roosting and the ducks in our pond are quacking and making love.

And Ooksi is celebrating spring in his unusual way. For me that was no problem, being a Jedi-spy accustomed to every dish in the galaxy but for Alwin it was.

A red sauce stood on the table and Alwin dipped his bread in it, took one bite and made a frantic run to the kitchensink. ?Wha Wha What?s that? he hiccupped.

Ooksi answered in his growling voice ?exploding chilisauce of course, a Shistavanen delicacy.?

Ulla-i-Dunhir followed Alwin and gave him a piece of sweet correl-bread and that took care of the burning sensation.

That was a week ago and now Alwin is getting used to the sauce and even loves it.
    But the sweet correl-bread is always on the table and he really appreciates that.

The first animals that are born are the Nerfs and Alwin was exited. Vince Carnil had asked him to keep watch of a young Nerf that is having her first youngling. The two were spending the entire night in the stable.

Cas has told me that Nerfs are mostly born during the night. This Nerf was no exception and when I came to the commonroom for breakfast I saw a beaming Alwin talking to Phil Nolo.

Alwin saw me and told me about the entire experience. First he saw the hooves coming followed soon by the head and the rest. ?Mom was great and so kind to her son? Alwin said.

15. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww....that was such a sweet update.

I loved everybody enjoying all the animals being born...and the exploding chili sauce :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    A sweet update! Loved the exploding chili sauce! [face_laugh]

=D=

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    VaderLVR64 A sweet update! Loved the exploding chili sauce!

Thanks all my readers for reading and next update is again about the animals on the farm.

Entry 12

Alwin has told the members of the agristation about his adventures with Obi-Wan and Anakin.
    When he said that Anakin loved anything that was fast and furious Ret Ghan remarked that Husans can be fast.

?Not for Anakin? Alwin replied ?They are smelling bad and have prickly snouts.?
    That earned Alwin many comments.

Cas said that Anakin should come here and takea ride on Nazir the father of Nephril. No one had been able to ride Nazir a snow-white Husan with a temperament.

Nephril was a young male and he had entered his training only this year being 2 years old. A Husan can be mounted when he is 5 years old but before that a gentle training takes place allowing the animal to become used to handling.

Most Husans become quite friendly but Nazir had been a wild one since his youth. The Jedi-agristation keeps him as a sire however because he gets nice young ones with gentle disposition.

Alwin heard about Nazir?s temperament for the first time and I saw him walking towards his stable. I followed him.

Gentle soothing sounds were coming from the stable and I smiled.

It didn?t take long before Alwin to come out riding Nazir bareback and without any bridle.
    That got him a lot of remarks.

Whew.
    And of course everyone asking him how he did that and wanting to do the same.

Cas said ?no more need for Anakin to take his fast and furious ride here.?

18. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm glad to see Alwin was able to, at least, calm Nazir enough to ride him.

Very sweet update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Great update! =D=

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    But it is still nice to see family trees grow and how fates get connected in your story, earlybird.

Even though the dark is patient and lurks around.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    VaderLVR64 great update

AzureAngel2 But it is still nice to see family trees grow and how fates get connected in your story, earlybird.
    Even though the dark is patient and lurks around.

yes and it will come.
    Thanks all for reading and your support.

Next update is inspired by the young birds in my garden.

Entry 13

Summer and that means harvesting the hay and a lot of work for the members of the agristation. With my leg I cannot help with that work but cooking has become a nice pastime for me and I prepare the meals for the entire station.

Only pancakes, I haven?t mastered to flip them in the pan and they end up like a messy thing. One day when I was making them Alwin commented that I was just like Serinka the cook from the Jeditemple and that got Zamara asking who Serinka was.

All Jedi had met Serinka of course and each could tell a funny story about him. And speaking about Serinka they came to master Ekiway and the children?s farm.

And stories about the owl.
    And with an owl-watching evening because Cas Hegrin had some holo?s.

Some of them even remembered that story of that little black chick and Alwin could tell that quite amusing.
    Even more so when he found a chicken-egg abandoned in the barn and put it in the breeder. He was the first to see that chick hatch and it was a black flufbal that became tame and followed him everywhere in the house.

Said chick became a big rooster and now we have a natural alarm-clock waking us every morning.

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Said chick became a big rooster and now we have a natural alarm-clock waking us every morning.

And they don't have a snooze button! [face_laugh]

=D=

23. MandalorianLegecy

MandalorianLegecy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2008
    I just started reading you story today and I finished now, all have been great updates, Kepp it up, I wanna read more.

=D=
    =D==D=
    =D=

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww...I'm glad to see the black fluffball found a home.

And a most interesting job.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *sings "Early morning" from AHA and grins!*

Superb job as usual! Very funny!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.