main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Diary of a mentor, diary 2008 challenge completed 28-12 with a note by Leia

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW - you've actually made me feel sorry for Asajj Ventress!!

:eek: :eek:

But I am glad to see she found the light before becoming one with the Force

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Your very touching up-dates stir an awful lot of musicinside me today.

A beautiful farewell to a great jedi!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Kelia WOW - you've actually made me feel sorry for Asajj Ventress!!
    But I am glad to see she found the light before becoming one with the Force
    Great update

yes she was a misguided girl after all.

Thanks for that beautiful fitting song to this entry.

Next entry is more fun because Magin and Alwin have a small vacation.
    Thanks all for reading.

Entry 27

Snow, it has started to snow and that is beautiful here in the mountains. And with Alwin mastering a new Kata I had decided to take him on a small vacation. Three days that?s all but it was fun.

We hitched a meari to the sled and drove the short distance to the cabin in the mountain. It belongs to the agristation and is used in the summer when the Nerfs are grazing on the mountain pastures.

Now in the winter it was deserted and we had taken warm clothes and furs for the two nights we were staying there.

Playing in the snow was fun for both of us and we took a short walk to one of the mountain pastures.

I loved it, the pure white of the untouched snow on the fir-trees and meadows.
    And my thoughts wandered again to the dratted war. How many of our members would perish before the end of it?

I asked the Force but it is clouded somehow.

And Alwin was thinking the same because he voiced it.
    He said that there is a master strategist behind these wars and that it must be a Sith manipulating the opponents.

We walked back to the cabin and after a nice hot broth and a nourishing tasty meal we turned in for the night.

Next morning we hitched up the meari to the sled and Alwin drove us home.

The agristation is now totally snowed in and I went to check on supplies.
    Great, enough for a month or more.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I asked the Force but it is clouded somehow.

[face_worried] =D=

5. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...how lovely to see they got in a vacation. Even if it was short.

my thoughts wandered again to the dratted war. How many of our members would perish before the end of it?

too many, unfortunately

:_| :_| :_|

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    VaderLVR64 I asked the Force but it is clouded somehow.

Thanks again for reading and yes all wars are dirty with people getting killed.

Entry 28

Yesterday something terrible has happened.

Snow it can be beautiful but it can be a menace too.
    The roof of the old shack was weakened by the large amount of snow.

Djon v?Ima needed a new sack of grains and after opening the door a strut collapsed on him.
    I limped as fast as I could to the shack and helped with the Force to free him without causing more trouble.

Marv and Ooksi carried Djon back towards the main building and laid him on the table.

Djon?s wife Zamara came in and as a nurse she could tell that Djon had a concussion and a broken leg that needed surgery.

Snow, because of that we couldn?t go to Alladea in our speeder. Djon wouldn?t survive the trip because of the cold weather.

Alwin decided to help and said that he could help with a Force trance and put him to sleep with his vitals at a low level.

I knew what he was planning and it would tax him to his maximum abilities. Only three days he could maintain a Force trance and he would need help from a Jedihealer to come out of it.

I sensed no difficulties in the Force and gave Alwin my OK.

Alwin walked to the table and sat down on one of the chairs. He placed his hands on Djon?s forehead and whispered ?I will help? and his eyes glazed over.

I covered him with a soft blanket and after contacting the Jeditemple and getting confirmation that the Jedihealers would arrive as soon as possible I took my vigil sitting down on a comfortable chair and I was very glad when Cas provided me with a blanket.

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Another great update! =D=

8. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I hope Alwin has it in him to maintain the healing trance

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Poor Djon!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *also heads for her own blanket now after so many up-dates and says: "Welterusten! Nighty night! GUte Nacht! Oiche maith!" *

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    VaderLVR64 Another great update!

AzureAngel2 also heads for her own blanket now after so many up-dates and says: "Welterusten! Nighty night! GUte Nacht! Oiche maith!"

He has and you will see in the next update.

Thanks again for reading and supporting this diary.

Entry 29

I awoke from my light slumber deep in the night of the second day after the accident. I sensed nothing wrong with Alwin and he had been the same during the past days. The hum of a portable sterile field being set up around the broken leg of Djon was one thing that awoke me and the other the booming voice of Ben Barani or Bones as everybody is calling him.

Bones was smiling and that is a good sign and he told us that it was a clean break of the left femur needing treatment with a plate and pins and some weeks of traction and therapy. The concussion was nothing to worry about at all.

Errik Chaloa the former Padawan of Bones and now a Jediknight guided Djon him into the anaesthesia.

I waited for them to help Alwin when he came out of his trance.

Bones placed his hand on Alwin?s brow and murmured ?Alwin, come. He is safe. Come?

Alwin shuddered awake and collapsed in the arms of Bones.

Bones carried him to a sofa soothing him with the Force powers of a Jedihealer and Cas covered the boy with a blanket. I sat down on a chair and waited for Alwin to wake up.

Bones and Errik were helped by Zamara and Cas and after the surgery Marv and Ooksi carried Djon to our medical room.

Bones and Errik came back and Cas gave us warm Nerfmilk.

I was sipping from it when Alwin stirred awake and the first thing he asked was if Djon was alright.

I told him that he was and helped him to stand and guided him to our quarters.

Alwin fell asleep as soon as he laid down on his bed and I could use a good night of rest too.

The next day I saw Alwin still sound asleep. I let him sleep and joined the others for breakfast and after that caring for the animals in the stables. Halfway during the morning Alwin joined me and he was rested and none the worse for wear.

11. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Whew!

I'm so glad to see Alwin and Djon are going to be okay

:) :) :)

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Bones carried him to a sofa soothing him with the Force powers of a Jedihealer and Cas covered the boy with a blanket.

I need that too at times.

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They are and the healers are needed more
    Thanks for your kind review.[:D]

AzureAngel2 Bones carried him to a sofa soothing him with the Force powers of a Jedihealer and Cas covered the boy with a blanket.

I need that too at times.

yes we all need the comfort of a friend[:D]

VaderLVR64 thanks again=D=

Entry 30

Bones told me more about Obi-Wan and his search for Asajj Ventress and after that to all members of the agristation that wanted to hear more about the clone wars and his stay on New Holstice.
    He told us about the clone soldiers, physically the same but each developping a distinct personality after their different missions. They share the same kind of camaraderie between friends as all other beings.
    And that?s what?s making this war even more disgusting. Those Kaminoans have no sense of ethics breeding clones for just one purpose; fighting and doing the dirty job that every war is. They are profitting from this war and the same is for those weapons manufacturers and some of those leaders.

Bones and Errik are staying with us. Orders from the Jedicouncil and that got Errik remarking about a one patient healers ward.

Hey that?s Alwin and Bones!

Alwin told us that he heard a crash of a speeder and a transport that came and went away immediately.

Bones said that it must have been an accident with the guilty party not wanting to take the consequences of his actions. He told Alwin to get more help and that he would get his gear and Errik to help.

Fully stacked with their emergency gear the two healers ran outside and I saw them leaving with two sleds.

I couldn?t join them hampered as I am by that brace and walking stick but through the Force I sensed that something bad has happened.
    I will ready the room here before they return.

Helped by Vince and Fikri sealed packages of surgical robes were put down on the couch and we waited.

15. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    through the Force I sensed that something bad has happened.

Uh oh!

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Good thing Bones and Errik were there

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Now I'm worried. [face_worried]

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    VaderLVR64 Now I'm worried.

Something has happened and you will see in the next entry. Thanks again for reading and your great support.

Entry 31

Bad, it was real bad.
    Alwin came in helping Bones and Errik caring for their patient Ken Zamai ? one of my mates from Jedi intelligence and Cas and Vince were carrying the stretcher.

Nil Monwa another member from Jedi intelligence, was on the other stretcher and Ooksi and Marv placed that one on the floor.

Errik donned one set of surgical robes and after giving orders he first cared for Nil Monwa giving him a sedative. Nil had an ugly gash on his forehead that needed some stitches.

Bones and Alwin took care of that and Marv and Ooksi carried him to the patients room.

I helped Bones and Alwin don the surgical robes.

Cas and Vince had undressed Ken and I heard a bleeping signal coming from his belt. That was the emergency transponder and with that thing working we will have another guest soon on our doorstep; Jika Bale.

Errik prepared his patient for the surgery and again I was impressed by the skill of Alwin helping Bones with the difficult procedure. Ken had a bad break of the right femur and both of the bones in his left lower leg were broken. All bones were fixated with plates and pins.
    Cas and Marv came after the surgery with a bed and with Ken installed in the bed they carried him to the patients room.

And Alwin; he told Bones that he would take the second watch caring for the two injured men.

Only three hours of sleep for him and I was still awake when I saw him waking up and going to Errik.
    Three hours later I saw him returning and getting back in his bed asleep in no time and only then I drifted off to sleep.

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Yes, sleep you must. [face_shame_on_you] Healthy it is!

19. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Yikes what happened to cause so many injuries?

I certainly hope Alwin gets enough sleep. He needs to be well enough to tend to the injured.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    AzureAngel2 Yes, sleep you must. Healthy it is!

He is and you will see the Lack thereof challenge in a funny way. In our country we have those very little pancakes (about as big as an old dollar) made in a pan with little depressions in it and that got me the challenge. You eat those with butter and powdered sugar.

Thanks all for reading.[:D]

Entry 32

We both slept in until well in the morning and I was the first to stir awake. Helping Bones with the surgery must have cost Alwin.
    I decided to surprise him and went to the kitchen and started rummaging in the cupboards.
    I wanted to make little pancakes ? three centimeter across ? and I had seen the pan to make them on one of my former visits to the kitchen. Nope, no pan at all to make them and I asked one of the other members of the agristation if they had seen it.

Surina Hawry had seen it and she pointed me towards the stables of the chickens and there I went. Dressing first for that snow and making my way across the courtyard I got into the stable and saw the handle of the pan sticking out of the chicken-barn. I tugged at the handle and what was my surprise?
    The handle became detached and the chicks had still the pan. Opening the door I could finally get it and after swiping away the hay and manure I uttered a soft Huttese word. Dust, spider-rags and chicken-manure had filled the holes and formed rust, to much rust to polish away.

With no pan to make the little delicacies I went back to the main building and made the usual things; pancakes and toast and brought this to a still sleeping Alwin.

And Alwin? He appreciated it. ?Breakfast in bed, wizard master Bhik!? were his words and he was fully rested and devoured the pancakes and other stuff.

Ken had been awake in the morning.

Bones told me that his memory was intact.
    He had asked about a data-disk and the transponder and after seeing them and asking about a satchel and getting a little bit of water with anti-nausea-medicine he had drifted of to sleep again.

Nil Monwa was also none the worse for wear and he has told me about a mission to get more information that can lead to Jenna Zan Arbor. They had visited Jamai Bin in the city of Leything here on Alderaan and got important information in a large satchel. The satchel is still in the transport and we will get it when the snow abates.

And Nil said to me ?sweets, I got a large bag of sweets from Jamai Bin, and they are in that satchel too.?

Sweets, yes if you have seen Nil Monwa you know for who those sweets are. Nil has a round belly and an insatiable appetite for food. Sweets are always part of his diet and now we have a hungry Nil on his foodhunts.

Cas was already complaining that the food-supplies will have to be replaced soon.
    But it is great to have Nil here. He worked all day in the stables and went to bed after devouring a large steak, half a pan of porridge and two plates of vegetables.

Hey I hear something.
    Will be back soon.

21. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Well, since they can't have the pancakes, I hope Nil will share his sweets.

It's just too bad they have to wait
    Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I get a round belly by just reading this up-date... ik kreg honger, hoor!

=P~

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    First they have to get the sweets;)

AzureAngel2 I get a round belly by just reading this up-date... ik kreg honger, hoor!

Yeah those pancakes are really nice:)

VaderLVR64 Thanks

Again thanks all for reading and your kind support.

Entry 33
    Jika has arrived, that has been the reason I put down my diary.

I heard the door opening and there he was. Snow was covering his iron-grey hair from that little stretch from his Delta Aethersprite to our main buikding and he had a big smile on his face.

Bones Barani had seen him coming too and told him that Nil Monwa was alright and that his former Padawan Ken would be after a long recovery and he explained the injuries to Jika who started to mutter when he heard that.

Jika promised he would find a way to stay with his friend and Bones led him to Ken?s room.
    I saw Jika returning after a short time with a smile on his face but also the tiredness showing clearly on it. He ate something and Cas led him towards one of the guestrooms.

The next morning I heard from Jika and Nil about the cause of the accident. An explosion had disabled the transport and Ken Zamay?s safety-harness had malfucntioned and he was thrown clear through the windshield. That caused his severe injuries and Bones told Jika that it will take Ken up to 5 months to recover fully.

Jika can lead Jedi intelligence for a while from here when Cas showed him the comstation that could be linked to that of the Jeditemple. He discussed the leadership of Jedi intelligence with Nil and after hearing that Nil didn?t want that at all ? teaching Padawans and Knights about intelligence and long days at that ? he will offer the job to Ken. With Jika staying here and teaching him I think he will become a good teacher with the same exiting stories about intelligence that keeps Jika occupied all week long. Nil is more occupied with having his diner uninterrupted.

Seeing the snow diminishing we have decided to go tomorrow to the crash site. Nil will get his sweets and the satchel.

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I wonder what they'll find at the crash site? [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.