main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Before - Legends Diary of a padawan DDC 2019

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Love it. Scenes of the young Rebellion with the smuggling and Obi-Wan! Very cool.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    and more of him in the next entry

Entry 32

Work in the hospital and back to back missions kept me busy and not writing in my diary.

And a piece of Krayt dragon bone found by me in the desert had me using the tools in Gerrik’s backyard and stable to carve a box for Tonia. I have seen one in the treatment-room of healer Enga Mariss in the Jedi-temple and had been distracted by it when I received my shots. Healer Mariss had received the box when she was knighted. It was a common gift from a master for a new Jedi healer and held useful items like a stethoscope, a hammer and spatula’s. I have wrapped the box in a nice scarf and now I am going to see Tonia. She is going away. Zinno has recommended her as the lead doctor for the new hospital on Dantooine. She accepted and is now officially a member of the Dantooine rebel cell.

Second entry

Tonia had to see her last patient and that had Halfir and me waiting for her. Ben was with that patient.

I put the diary on record.

“Where am I?”

“You are on Tatooine and you have been in an accident. Your TIE-fighter crashed. Who are you?”

“I am an Imperial pilot and I am glad you have saved me. What day is it?”

“That pilot is nice. I think he was a pilot by choice serving in the republic army and just staying in the army when the empire happened.”

“You have been unconscious for two days because of that severe concussion.”

“Ben is very direct and I feel no hostility at all from the pilot. He is not the usual imp we have met. And the man is afraid.”

“I am Tonia and your doctor. Your legs and arm were broken but they will heal completely and we can help you with therapy.”

“If the Imperials find me, I am a dead man.”

“Imperial justice is harsh and they don’t care for a life at all.”

“You speak like a rebel and that was my mission: look for rebels at the podraces. But failing to report after my arrival has made me an unwanted person too.”

“Don’t worry. There are some people who can provide you with safety.”

“They are really nice to him and I am sure he will join the rebels. Former republic soldiers like him are offered no choice when they are drafted into the service of the empire.”

“You don’t have to fear for your life from me. I want to join the rebellion.”

“You can join the rebellion and be safe.”

“Agreed.”

Beewoop.

“And that’s imp trouble.”

“We have to leave this place because they are tracking me. Look my comlink.”

“I will contact my friends and arrange a transport to Alderaan for you. I am leaving Tatooine as well and be on my way before you.”

“She is leaving to Dantooine.”

“Egvards here… I have a patient for C M stats included. Med priority two… One? OK Egvards out. They will come in one hour.”

“Nice to use medical codes.”

“One hour and she is gone. Or. The imps are early.”

“Four stormtroopers are no match for Kenobi.”

“Leave Tonia. I will help Dorian.”

“Ben knows too that they are coming.”

“They have arrived early I am leaving now. Good luck.”

“And that was Tonia. Now we have no way to say goodbye to her. But maybe Ben needs some help.”

“We will see. You have told me that Obi-Wan Kenobi was a famous negotiator.”

“Now the fun begins.”

“Can I get the comlink?”

“Can I get the comlink?”

“Sure, I found it in a crashed TIE-fighter when this man’s podracer crashed with it and I rescued him. Where is the fighter and his pilot?”

“A former imp turned pod-racer.”

“Where is the fighter and his pilot?”

“The pilot is dead and the fighter was completely destroyed. Goodbye and sorry that we have bothered you.”

“Goodbye and sorry that we have bothered you.”

“Easy. Tonia will have boarded her transport. I feel no trouble coming for her. And Obi-Wan will stay with the pilot.”

“Come there is no need to stay any longer.”

“I will keep my present for Tonia. Maybe she will return.”

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great news for Tonia and happy that the pilot will be safely evacuated.

4. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Imperial defectors were probably a welcome addition to the Rebels anytime they came to their senses that the Empire was evil.

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, so many new diary chapters to read since I was last in here. Sorry, but summer time in Berlin and having a dialysis-free husband keeps me away from the computer these days. But I am still reading your gorgeous updates with all the interesting story plot developments.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and leading to ...
    They sure were
    Entry 33

A few days ago I could speak Shyriiwook with a Wookiee named Chewbacca. I had finished my shift at the Mos Eisley university hospital and was walking past docking bay ninety-four when I heard the roars of a Wookiee. I went inside and saw an YT-1300 freighter. It was the Stellar Envoy. Chewbacca told me that she is now known as the Millennium Falcon

Chewbacca gave me a spare part for use in the Hawk.

I headed to my appointment with Halfir in Chalmun’s cantina but coming out of the docking bay I noticed the two suns high in the sky and went home first. I put the part on the table and headed out again. I saw Halfir coming back from the cantina with Messy and put up my shields. A landspeeder that could use a paintjob and some repairs was hovering stationary near a squad of stormtroopers. I saw Obi-Wan, Treepio and Artoo and a blonde haired boy.

That had me recording this.

Click

“He can go about his business.”

“You can go about your business.”

“Move along.”

“Move along. Move along.”

Click

I headed to Halfir and an excited bleeping Messy and told him about my meeting with Chewbacca.

Halfir told me that Chewbacca is the co-pilot of Han Solo. He heard from Sluur that Jabba is in town and quite annoyed at Solo.

Messy had been in contact with Artoo and showed us something that ended with a burning hovel and two corpses.

Click

“Ben got away.”

“And Luke who had me putting up my shields. Obi-Wan must have been protecting Luke for all those years he stayed here on Tatooine. Were Artoo and Treepio messengers?”

“Maybe Jesin. Yesterday there was some activity in space. And that was followed by stormtroopers coming here. I saw them observing every astromech droid. Messy was a target for them and…”

“Protesting no doubt.”

“He bleeped and twittered until a captain of the stormtroopers had a message coming on his comlink and that had the squad out on patrol on the first beasts of burden they spotted in the street.”

“Dewbacks. With all that armour only a dewback won’t protest.”

“And now no protest from you Jesin. Bed-time for you.”

“Oaahh. I have again the night shift.”

Click

We couldn’t shield enough when we felt the deaths of millions. A planet must have been destroyed and there was more, fighting.

Yesterday I heard that the rebels have destroyed a Death Star in the Yavin system.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super tie-in to ANH :cool:

8. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Always interesting to see the perspective of other people seeing the events of the galaxy.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more of it coming

Entry 34

I have been busy and had not enough time to write. We had the Huttlets to educate and our ore-hauling business.

Today we came back from a visit to Jabba. We had ore for him and could approach him in the same way. That was bickering with the entrance-droid, some squealing Gamorreans and arguing with Jabba’s minions. I saw an interesting new decoration in Jabba’s room. It was a piece of carbonite with a human encased in it. The man must be alive because the controls were working. The man has an anguished look on his face.

From one of the guards we heard that the decoration was brought to Jabba by the famous bountyhunter Boba Fett.

‘Solo is no trouble anymore,’ was what the guard said when we left the palace.

I wonder. Is that Solo as in Han Solo, the friend from Chewbacca?

Entry 35

A week ago we were Hutt-sitting when a Hutt slithered in. He is a friend from Sluur and told us an exciting story.

‘Jabba was presented with two droids. One was a golden protocol-droid and the other an astromech. Jabba was furious when a woman – coming to his palace as a bounty-hunter named Boushh with a captured Wookiee – deceived him. I recognised Chewbacca immediately. She activated the controls on the slab of carbonite, freeing Han Solo. Jabba observed all and took her as his slave. And with Jedi-knight Luke Skywalker murdering his rancor Jabba ordered the execution of Luke, Han and Chewbacca in the pit of Carkoon. I don’t know what happened in the Dune-sea. One of the guards came back to the palace telling me that the barge was destroyed.’

More news came from ‘Tatooine News’. A big battle had taken place around Endor. A second Death Star was destroyed by the rebels and Emperor Palpatine perished.

Halfir and I know. We felt the deaths of many.

Halfir voiced it ‘Anakin Skywalker is redeemed. He saved the galaxy from Darth Sidious when he had to protect his son Luke.’

That was the hidden light of a father caring for his son inside that black armour.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic ROTJ recap. :cool:

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I loved this line early. :D

I think I would have found Tatooine News interesting. :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more to follow
    sure

Entry 36

We are back from Mustafar, getting ore for Zinno.

I recorded the entire visit to Ulon Glost.

“Who is that?”

“Come and meet Ulon Glost.”

“It’s an oven Halfir.”

“I know but he will bring us to his office.”

“Halfir Majeski what brings you to our mine?”

“Employment by another Hutt. And this is my assistant Jesin Fialka.”

“Welcome to Mensix Corp Halfir and Jesin. Another Hutt? Tell me Majeski, is Jabba no more?”

“No. But can we get to a place that’s a bit more comfortable.”

“Come into the office. I am always forgetting that your frail skins don’t have the protection of armor. Get some lava flea armor the next time when you visit the shops in Fralideja.”

“Fralideja? What’s that? And lava flea armour?”

“I wear these plates to protect me from the heat when I am telling my crews where to get digging to get the next batch of lava. And see, they don’t get scorched that much. Only yesterday I had some dumbwitt junior swinging his collector a bit too much my way and spilling some here.”

“Don’t pay attention to that Jesin. Mister ‘heat resistant’ will get us inside and show us more of the mine. And I can satisfy his curiosity about Hutt this and Hutt that.”

“This way ‘slave Majeski’ and your assi.”

“My friend isn’t a slave and I neither. We are hauling ore for the Hutts. Until his death caused by some Jedi scum it was Jabba who provided us with some credits to pay our debts and now we have Zinno. And Zinno is a real nasty…”

“Jesin!”

“I have no love for Jedi either. Two of those fighting scumbags destroyed one of our collectors and the entire control-station with their sizzling weapons.”

“Lightsab,”

“Hey did you see lightsabers too?”

“He didn’t and is too young to have seen Jedi. Let us complete the ‘paper-work’ and load the ore. I remember now. We have…”

“Urgent business to get back to Tatooine as soon as possible. And I don’t want to spend a night here. My bunk is preferable.”

“Those are Jedi? WOW look! Are those lightsabers? Who is that?”

“Master Kenobi and he is fighting against Anakin Skywalker or as he became to be known as Darth Vader.”

“But he is redee…”

“Shh…”

“Skywalker is using all he has learned. Will there be Jedi again?”

“No it isn’t safe for Jedi with imperials still ruling but maybe. I will tell you more when we are back on Tatooine. Drink that juice. I think Glost is ready. You don’t want a sweaty night here.”

“No. I want to leave as soon as possible.”

“The ore is loaded Chief?”

“Uh yes, next time you come here I will take you on a tour. Jesin seems quite interested in the old battle site.”

“He was a history student.”

“I see.”

“See you next time Chief Glost.”

“Uh thanks Chief.”

“The Force will guide you.”

“Hey. Chief Glost knows more about Jedi.”

“He does but like all Mustafarians he likes to remain neutral. Messy we want to leave as soon as possible. Jesin doesn’t like volcanoes.”

That was the end of the recording. I had to act because I didn’t know if Chief Glost was pro-imp or not.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 37

Years have passed. I didn’t see my diary at all being very busy.

The galaxy is safe with mad Jedi and Thrawn and the threat from Palpatine gone. The last clone of the emperor is dead. Byss – and all the imperial servants on that planet – has been destroyed by the galaxy gun. Only the Imperial remnant is there and whatever mayhem lurks out in the fringes of the galaxy.

Tonia returned with her husband Dorian Nigwin and five year old son Ben.

Dorian was the TIE-pilot saved by Tonia and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I recorded what they told me.

Tonia began with “He didn’t want to propose for marriage when he saw me again. Anyway we were quite busy helping the rebellion. That proposal came years later when we were on Endor and the destructing Death Star had us flying for the second time into the foliage. We were dirty after the blast of the shield-generator had us in the bushes. Getting our captured stormtroopers back added more dirt.”

“Those two stormtroopers deserted immediately after seeing our friendly faces. They were drafted into imperial service on Corellia after visiting a bar on Treasure ship row and were a great help when we found one of our X-wing pilots dangling in his harness in a tree after evac.”

“That pilot – Bruce Makee – had a badly fractured arm and the two Corellian stormtroopers had the great idea to go to Corellia where I could save his arm. We met Rostek Horn and joined his secret group in Cormond.”

“Where we married and had our work until a message from Gerrik had us leaving Corellia and coming here. It is a dustbowl and quite different from Corellia and Ganaris where I was born but I love it. Being with Tonia and Ben is all I need.”

Yesterday Gerrik retired. He has given the stable to Tonia and Dorian.

We had a big party in the backyard of the stable.

Tonia has now her long overdue present and has accepted the offer from professor Callis to come back to the university hospital.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super seeing Tonia and Dorian and how happy they are and their adventures.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  15. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Loved the last diary chapters. The way you let us experience the OT stories through the eyes of others. Well done as usual.

16. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    "Only the Imperial remnant is there and whatever mayhem lurks out in the fringes of the galaxy."

The foreshadowing of the Vong. ]-}

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more

Entry 38

Sluur and Zinno are now working together after Milindus Migilian had left them his legacy. The business is now known as the MSZ medic enterprise. The Hutts have one of the permanent posts as a member of the Mos Espa podracing community. On Chandrila they have the large complex of medical factories to run.

An attack by pirates in the Bothawui system had us with a random jump into unknown territory and a landing on a planet named Pangona with a damaged Kerebuy Hawk because the space around Pangona was riddled with rocks. We are unable to finish our mission for Sluur. We could only escape total destruction of the Kerebuy Hawk because of the powerful laser cannons. The laser cannons were coming from a TIE-fighter and a recent addition to the Hawk. Dorian had given us training to use the cannons.

Pangona is dominated by water and has small islands and a few larger continents.

The Pangona primary is an M-class sun but with space riddled with asteroids and rocks and five gas-giants playing with those rocks the planet has an unstable surface because of the gravity changes. We are in for some interesting times and in need of jobs to get the repairs to the Kerebuy Hawk financed.

Now I know why the crèche masters let us play with sand and water and why Halfir gave me those lessons about the geology of different planets. We might be able to help.

We won’t be able to return to Tatooine. The freighter is inside an old hangar. It has a small kitchen unit and a power-supply to keep the Kerebuy Hawk habitable.

The owner of the hangar Torres Vincente has offered us the place to stay. He was delighted when he heard us talking to Rescue-commander Alco Shabian and spaceport official Kere Nivols about the plans to make Pangona city a safe place to stay.

And Halfir voiced a feeling that we have to stay here to keep safe.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Pangona sounds a great place, besides being a safe haven.

19. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Life on the run. Kind of dangerous.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    it is safe but
    sure

Entry 39

The feeling Halfir had 160 days ago when we were landing on Pangona had proven to be true. The Yuuzhan Vong have invaded the galaxy known to the new republic in their conquest.

We have contacted Sluur. And Sluur told us that Tonia and Dorian will finish the education of Moio. We can begin our search for Moniron.

Those Vong are making the galaxy quite unsafe. And the squabbling politicians ruling the new republic are no good either. I have to stop because we are watching the news. I have put the diary on record.

Breaking news: Ithor is burning. Remnant and New Republic forces have destroyed the Yuuzhan Vong command ship Legacy of Torment. The rear end of the warship has ignited Ithor’s atmosphere. Another rogue Jedi – Corran Horn this time after we have had Darth Vader and Kyp Durron – has destroyed a planet. Borsk Fey’lya has…’

“That Bothan goon and incompetent bragging furbag.”

“It is upsetting news but you know. Ithor isn’t the first planet to be destroyed. Helska was the first planet to be turned into a Vong world and they destroyed Sernpidal.”

“Chewbacca died there saving the Millennium Falcon.”

The infidels are to be made the slaves for the Yuuzhan Vong and the …’

“Who are they to dictate that all of us are infidels.”

“Yuuzhan Vong. And they are not the first. You have seen what Palpatine was doing after declaring himself emperor. He wanted an empire for humanoids only.”

“With a clear preference for human humanoids and he sure was busy to exterminate all Force sensitives he couldn’t turn into willing hunters for the glory of the Sith.”

“I got caught up in the Jedi extermination when your master stuffed you in an escape-pod.”

Click

This evening we were visited by Vincente Torres, Alco Shabian. Linde Suzaka and Kere Nivols and could explain our waterworks that will keep the city safe.

Linde offered me work in the hospital.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 40

I have been very busy with my work in the hospital. I have nice colleagues. Jim Lusana is the senior ER-surgeon. Ted Deckard is his student and didn’t follow his fellow students to set up shop on one of the islands.

The waterworks are finished and could protect the lower parts of the city.

Two weeks ago an incoming rock hit the pump-house. And a larger rock hit a fault in the ocean-bedding causing a large flash-flood that destroyed parts of Pangona city. Large parts of the hospital – where I have my work – are destroyed.

The hospital is now mainly a tent-city.

The one-story building housing one functioning OT and IC and two ER-rooms has survived. Modern equipment is in those rooms but supplies are scarce and are gifts from private hospitals. Tents – donated by the government – for patients not needing the intensive care are now dotting the grounds, muddy with the residue from the flood. A fund-raising has been started to build a new hospital but with most inhabitants living on the wealthy islands with their private hospitals the going is slow.

This evening I met the man again that we saved from a horrible fate on Byss.

Kel Tuohy arrived with a large civilian liner with the call-sign CC1701 on its hull.

He told me what happened after his rescue. He settled down on Hamalk. His saviours left after the second Death Star was destroyed. Gayle and Alysa met friends, married and went to Corellia, the Budianski twins married and went to Corellia, Cathy Swidler met a merchant and followed him and Kevin Fiohir went home. It was now safe to go home to Varanko.

Kel was discovered by Master Skywalker when the master visited Hamalk. He joined the Jedi and became under the tutelage of Master Kyp Durron a Jedi-knight.

The invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong had Kel on a mission to Hamalk because he knew his way around on that planet. He could help Dindo O-Caheal to organise the evacuation.

Dindo’s brother Carlo is now waiting with eight ships to continue their journey to Pangona after the all clear signal from the authorities.

After getting in my bunk in the Kerebuy Hawk I heard a very soft sound of two spacecraft landing in unison. That is something to be investigated tomorrow.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  22. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    @earlybird-obi-wan , is that ship's registration number a teeny shout out to me, or does it just mean Civilian Cruiser 1701? Either way, I approve.:D

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very fine post with the temporary hospital facility soon to be made permanent and meeting Kel.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love for Star Trek and sure it's just Civilian Cruiser 1701
    and more to come

Entry 41

The two spacecraft were X-wings.

I saw them when I started my run on the beach and when I returned to the Kerebuy Hawk I saw Kel again.

Kel told me that one of the X-wing pilots – Jason Guyet of the Strike cruiser Taranak – has a great idea to make Pangona safe. He is here with his injured friend after a successful mission to the Dimjel cluster because he had to make a random jump after one of the Yuuzhan Vong Coralskippers tried to fry him. Seeing the shabby hospital he had ideas to get as soon as possible a prefab hospital here.

I have met the two pilots. I share my birth-planet Lingala with Jason Guyet. The Jedi-purge had initiated the protection of Lingala by buoys and the sentient Lingalans and Sheir-Irel.

Jason had repaired an X-wing after being injured in a great fire in Ifaan National park. He left Lingala and had an interesting time with a secret X-wing squadron before joining Spider-squadron on the Venator-class stardestroyer Taranak.

Rob Spanish – the second pilot – has two broken arms. He is a Varankonin and all is grey on him, eyes, skin and hair. He told me about his homeplanet Varanko and the second sentient species – the Ceitans – living there. They have – like the Dunai elder – a distant relation to an extinct species the Sheir-irel.

And he mentioning the Sheir-irel brought up memories from long ago. Master Yoda came to me after one of the crèche-masters had found me crying in my room. He said ‘From Lingala you are, related to Sheir-Irel, Falgans, Lingalans, Varankonin and Ceitans you must be.’

Rob showed us pictures from his friends and a drawing from a Sheir-Irel had Halfir remarking that the Falgans must be related too. Jason remarked that Lingalans are very similar looking.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful meeting Jason and Rob and recalling Lingala