main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Diary of a Stupid Cupid (Dear Diary 2008 challenge) OCs -- updated 2/27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NYCitygurl, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Author: NYCitygurl
    Title: Diary of a Stupid Cupid
    Timeframe: At the moment, not quite planned . . . I figure about TPM-ish, maybe a little after.
    Characters: OCs, though the names may seem familiar (greek gods). Swear it's Star Wars though, if a little twisted :p
    Summary: This is the diary of a Cupid -- what he did, what he didn't, mistakes he made and things he almost blew up.
    Notes: First, this is a part of the Dear Diary 2008 challenge, hosted by the lovely MsLanna. The plot bunny is also hers, though I think I twisted it quite a bit :p And yes, I realize that I'm crazy to start this now when I've got 4 other stories I need to write for, half a dozen messages in my PM inbox telling me that stories I like have been updated (probably multiple times) and that's not even scratching the surface of things I'm supposed to be doing around here. However, this was just too good to pass up :p

Diary of a Stupid Cupid

Prologue

If you?re reading this, I?m probably in a ton of trouble right now.

I didn?t mean to do it?none of it. I swear. Cross my heart and all that. And before you expel me, at least hear me out.

What you have in your hands is my diary/journal/record/thing I had to keep OR ELSE. Everything in here is true, recorded when it happened just like it happened. This is the story of my year ? not just my story, though; it?s my best friend Aph?s, the awesome Hermes?s, the totally hot Venus?s. And, of course, the evil Daemon, his sidekick Nemesis, and those damn Furies. They all had roles in the story, too.

So just read this and try not to judge me until you get through it. I may be a stupid cupid, but I think I saved the day.

At the moment I?m really glad that the Cupid Council made us write these.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    can be fun Greeks and Star Wars.

After all those stories are timeless saga's

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    If you?re reading this, I?m probably in a ton of trouble right now

I love that beginning!!

Poor cupid, whatever he did (and I looking forward to reading all about it), I hope there will be some reprieve.

Please PM me when you update

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    If you?re reading this, I?m probably in a ton of trouble right now.

I didn?t mean to do it?none of it. I swear. Cross my heart and all that. And before you expel me, at least hear me out.

Okay. I'm hooked! Please PM me when you update!

=D=

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    earlybird-obi-wan: I agree :D

Kelia: Thanks!! He gets into a huge mess :p Of course :)

NanaV: I love to hear that :D Of course! :)

Note: There isn't going to be any sort of schedule for this. Mostly just when I have time and am in the mood -- hopefully I can get the 2 a month requirement.

Entry 1

I really do not understand why I have to keep this thing.

Aph says that it?s so that the Cupid Council can keep better track of us. She?s my best friend and way smarter than I am. She thinks that this is a good idea ? something about making sure we?re ready to be full-fledged Cupids.

I don?t get it. We?re trained to go around and help people fall in love. Honestly, how hard it is that we need to keep track of our every movement for a year?

But I?ve gotten my first assignment, so I may as well at least try this. And damn it, I?m going to write it all down, whether they like it or not. That?ll show ?em.

I met Aphrodite ? Aph to those in the know ? in the gardens. She was sitting in her favorite spot by the edge of the looping river. I never got why the river is pink, but to each his own, I guess.

She smiled when she saw me. She?s an awesome girl, really. I plopped down on the grass next to her.

?We?re not paired together,? I said, poking her shoulder. A lot of times, new Cupids are paired together, and I was a little disappointed.
    Aph shrugged. ?They wanted us to have our first assignments alone.? She turned to face me, smiling. The sun hit her golden-red hair just right, and she looked absolutely dazzling. She?s a gorgeous girl. I?m so lucky to have her as a friend.

I put my arm around her. ?Don?t worry, we?ll still hang out.?

Aph replied, but I didn?t hear what she said. My attention was caught by a figure across the river. Venus. The most beautiful Cupid I?ve ever met. She?s blonde with long, tanned legs that ? dear Zues, thank you ? she shows off. All. The. Time. Venus is the ultimate beautiful woman.

I vaguely heard Aph snort. ?You can?t take your eyes off of her for a minute, can you??

I tore my eyes away from Venus. ?I don?t think any male can.?

She rolled her eyes. ?There?s nothing between her ears except air.?

My attention was caught by another, very large, part of her anatomy. ?Who cares about that??

Aph stood up. ?I think I?ll see you later, Eros.?

My head jerked up when she said my name. I flashed her a grin. ?You know I love you best,? I teased.

She shook her head and left. I went back to staring at Venus.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Greek, yes and Eros. He knows where to look. And you can put me on your PM list please.

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I know I'm going to love this one! :D

=D=

8. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?You know I love you best,?

Yeah as long as Venus isn't around, right? :p

Loved Eros' typical male appreciation of Venus' habit of showing off her legs.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    earlybird-obi-wan: I do love the Greeks :D Doesn?t help my obsessed self that my art history class spent a month looking at their gorgeous selves :p Done! :)

Kim: Thanks!! :)

Kelia: Oh, exactly. Men :p Thanks!! :)

Entry Two

?Rule number one,? Hermes said, ?stay away from Jedi.?

I rolled my eyes. I love Herm, but honestly, that the basic. Rule number one, like he said. Just because he got his wings a year before me, he thinks he knows everything.

Well, he does know how to find the best bars and hook up with the prettiest women.

I nursed my drink. It was my second of the night; Hermes was already on his forth.

He took a big gulp and said, ?Where to??

?Corellia.?

Hermes grinned. ?Ooo, fun times.?

I nodded. It was a great first assignment. Aph was stuck going to Tatooine. ?I?m leaving tomorrow.?

I fingered the ring on my left ring finger. The gold band is given to all Cupids before their first assignments, along with other important equipment: cloak and wings. The cloak gives invisibility, since Cupids aren?t supposed to be seen, and the wings give power.

I?ve never really understood why Cupids have to remain invisible to the rest of the galaxy. We were always taught that people wouldn?t like it if they found out that others had the power to interfere with their love lives, even though we only work for the good.

I finished my drink and put it down on the table. ?I think I have to call it a night,? I said.

Hermes grinned. ?You and anyone else?? he teased.

I shook my head. ?Nope, not that lucky.?

?Not even with Aph??

I rolled my eyes again. ?Never. She?s my friend, nothing more.?

Hermes shrugged and took another sip of his drink. I thought that maybe he wasn?t saying something that he wanted to. ?What?? I asked.

?Nothing.? He waved away my concern. ?Good luck on the mission.?

Hermes never hid anything from me, so I wondered about this, but I didn?t press.

Instead, I turned my thoughts toward the mission.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Stay away from Jedi [face_laugh][face_laugh] They might fall in love and that isn't allowed.

Loved the update

11. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Corellia huh?

Now I wonder who the lucky Corellian could be

[face_thinking] [face_thinking] [face_thinking] [face_thinking]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Rule number one,? Hermes said, ?stay away from Jedi.?

I rolled my eyes. I love Herm, but honestly, that the basic. Rule number one, like he said. Just because he got his wings a year before me, he thinks he knows everything.

[face_laugh] Superb! I LOVE this diary! [face_love]

=D=

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    earlybird-obi-wan: Exactly ;) Thanks!! :)

Kelia: OCs . . . for now ;) Thanks!! :)

Kim: Thanks!! Glad you?re enjoying :)

Entry Three

The benefit of being a Cupid? Wings.

Seriously, they make traveling so much easier. Mortals have to rely on ships in hyperspace, and it can take days or weeks ? or in bad cases, months ? to get where they need to go.

Traveling Cupid-style is a bit different. After we become upper-level students at the academy, we get our wings. They?re actually more like colorful tattoos that cover our entire backs. Each design and color format is different for every Cupid. They?re supposed to represent us as individuals. Whatever ? they make female Cupids look hot.

But they?re by no means just decorative (that?s just a bonus). They help us move from one location to another ? everything from across the room to across the galaxy. It takes a lot of inner power to make planet-jumps, which is why some of the newer and older Cupids prefer to do it in small steps or work close to home. The smart Cupids break it up, too; they rest in between and conserve energy.

Not me. I do it in one go.

So I arrived on Corellia slightly wiped. It could be worse ? Corellia isn?t that far from the inner Core, where I came from. Still, it wasn?t easy, especially since I was on my own for the first time.

Once I arrived, I tugged on my cloak. Invisibility is key: if they see you, they start asking awkward questions. The Big Guys consider that a huge no-no.

I tugged a piece of flimsy out of my pocket and read the crisp, clear type that was standard assignment issue.

Assyra Faz and Nest Cruhan.

It went on to give some details of their lives, including their history with each other and why they should fall in love. Or rather, get the courage to open themselves up to it. Cupids aren?t supposed to create love where it doesn?t exist.

I refolded the flimsy and put it away. The best thing to do was to get this over with quickly. Then I could use the energy-depletion excuse and go sight-seeing.

I concentrated, pulling on my power and using my wings to send myself to the location where the two were supposed to meet for lunch. It didn?t take me long to get there ? thank goodness, because I was more wiped that I?d thought I would be.

I rubbed my hand over my eyes. I had to find the soon-to-be lovebirds quickly, or I was going to crash.

I looked around and finally found Nest. He was sitting at a little table outside the café, chatting it up with another woman. Her back was to me, but her hair was dark and she seemed to be able the same stature as Assyra. I grinned. This wasn?t going to be too hard.

I rubbed the gold ring on my right forefinger with my thumb. Concentrating on pulling up the necessary power, I channeled through the ring at Nest.

Bam. I could see it in the way he suddenly jerked and started grinning at the woman across from him. It was working. Now I only had to do her.

I gathered my power again, but before I could use it, she turned around, looked directly at me, and grinned.

It wasn?t the right woman.

14. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    The best thing to do was to get this over with quickly. Then I could use the energy-depletion excuse and go sight-seeing

I like the way cupid thinks!

And I could certainly use a pair of those oh so convenient wings.

It wasn't the right woman

Whoops :oops: :oops:

I can't wait to see how cupid tries to undo this mess he created.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    But they?re by no means just decorative (that?s just a bonus). They help us move from one location to another ? everything from across the room to across the galaxy. It takes a lot of inner power to make planet-jumps, which is why some of the newer and older Cupids prefer to do it in small steps or work close to home. The smart Cupids break it up, too; they rest in between and conserve energy.

Not me. I do it in one go.

[face_laugh]

It wasn't the right woman.

Uh oh. [face_worried]

=D=

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    not the right woman? Uh Oh.

Travelling as a cupid is nice. No boundaries at all.

Nice update

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Kelia: He?s fun :p And oh, me too!! Oh, it?s more complicated than just his mess [face_devil] Thanks!! :)

Kim: :D Yep [face_devil]

earlybird-obi-wan: Yep [face_devil] Yeah, I really want that power :( Thanks!! :)

Entry Five

I had screwed up big-time.

I had already made him love her; I had to undo it, and fast. We were taught how in a class, but I had never practiced much. I didn?t think I would ever need to use it, and certainly not on my first mission.

Then the dark-haired woman got up and started walking over to me. Nest reached out his hand toward her, but she kept walking away, not noticing.

It took me a minute to realize that she could see me.

I gulped. This wasn?t good at all. I was wearing my invisibility cloak; she shouldn?t be able to see me. I started backing away, but before I got very far, I bumped into someone.

I turned around quickly, sure that I had accidentally knocked over a very confused pedestrian, but this guy was looking right at me. He could see me, too.

He grinned when he saw my confusion. I tried to back away from him, but the woman kept me from getting very far. I gulped. I wasn?t any weakling, but this guy looked stronger and tougher, and he had backup.

?Um . . .? I said, trying desperately to talk my way out of whatever situation I had just gotten myself into. ?I think there?s been a mistake.?

The guy gave a slow laugh that was a direct mockery of me. ?I don?t think so,? he said. I turned my head to look at the woman. She was grinning too.

I suddenly got mad. Who the hell were these people? ?Look, I don?t know what your deal is ??

?My deal is you,? the man cut me off smoothly. ?Well, not you specifically, but the Cupids. I don?t like what you do.?

I frowned. What? Luckily ? well, maybe not ? my infamous sarcasm chose to kick in at that moment. ?Really? Gee, that?s too bad. You see, I was going to do you next ??

He swung a punch at me. I was experienced enough in bar fights to duck, but his fist still managed to knock me on the ear. I staggered a little, but didn?t fall down.

?You see,? he continued, ?you mess with the way things should be. You have no idea what the consequences are.?

?I?ve gotten plenty of lectures on the subject, believe me.?

The woman turned me around. ?You see that man over there?? She pointed to Nest, and I nodded. ?He and the woman you were going to put together would have had a baby that would grow into the man destined to clean up crime on Corellia. Get rid of corrupt politicians, made CorSec a legitimate law enforcement agency, kick out the smugglers.?

?And we can?t have that,? the man added.

This . . . wasn?t good. ?So what did you do with her?? I asked, not really sure if I wanted to know the answer.

?Told her the good news ? he and his girlfriend are engaged and expecting a baby,? replied the woman.

?They can figure things out,? I protested.

?Not really. Without the idea of him, she?s going to take the job offered to her off-planet. By the time you get him fixed, she?ll be gone without a forwarding address.? She shrugged.

I glared at her. ?Then why are you telling me all of this??

?I want you to pass on a message for me,? the man said. ?I?m back and I want revenge.? They started to walked away.

?Who are you?? I called at their backs.

The man didn?t turn around, just called his reply over his shoulder. ?I?m Daemon."

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and now the cupid is in big trouble:eek: with a Daemon on the loose[face_devil]

gets exiting.

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Uh oh. I've got a bad feeling about this! [face_devil]

=D=

20. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I?m back and I want revenge

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Let me guess, a bitter defrocked cupid? Or perhaps he got dumped.

Either way, this can't be good!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    earlybird-obi-wan: Unfortunately for him, yes.

Kim: Trust your feelings, you know them to be true :p

Kelia: Not telling *zips lips* Thanks!! :)

Sorry about the delay [face_blush]

Entry Six

What was I supposed to do? I fixed the poor guy up with the girl they intended to give him, but like they?d said, I could catch the woman in time. I had failed my mission.

After I?d done all I could, I stumbled to the nearest hotel. The Council provides us with credit chits to use for business in addition to our own wages (but we have to log the chits we use so we don?t get drunk on business money).

I knew that I needed to get back home, but I also knew that I couldn?t do it without sleep. But even though I was exhausted, I could stop rolling over and trying to get my eyes to stay shut. I had too much on my mind.

Who were the two who had stopped me? They could see me even with my cloak on, which only other Cupids could do. But they couldn?t be Cupids, or they wouldn?t have gotten in my way.

I ran through every other conceivable possibility ? and some inconceivable ones ? before I finally managed to get to sleep. Even so, I didn?t sleep well; my dreams were filled with green eyes and deadly smirks.

I got up early ? unusual for me ? and took off. I had to make a couple of stops along the way, since I was still too tired to make the trip in one jump, but I got back to Olympia, where the headquarters and academy were, in one piece.

Once I got back, I realized that I had no idea what to do. We were supposed to just send it a report about our assignment and wait for a new one; there was no one we should directly report to. And I didn?t know who to tell this to.

There was only one possible choice: Aph. Luckily, she wasn?t on assignment; I found her in the garden, helping a Cupid-in-training. She stopped when she saw me. Luckily she sent the kid away before she asked me what was wrong.

?Screwed up,? I replied. ?Bad. Some guy and his partner stopped me from making the connection.?

?I?m sure it wasn?t that bad,? Aph tried to soothe.

I shook my head. ?It gets worse. They could see me through the cloak.?

She stepped back a little, but she still had her arm around my waist. ?What? That?s not possible.?

?I though so too, but they talked to me. Said that they were trying to stop the match because the couple?s son would do good things for Corellia.?

?Did they give a reason??

?No, just a name. Daemon. Ever heard of him??

She shook her head. ?No, but if I had, you would have. I think you need to report this.?

?To who??

?The Council.?

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Did I not comment on this before?

How could I not comment on this before?!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:oops: :oops::oops:

BAD IDRI!

I love your Cupids, Nat. [face_laugh] They make me laugh. It's a really nifty idea, and I adore the names! [face_love] Why do I get the feeling that our favourite Cupid is going to get into quite a mess?

She shook her head. ?No, but if I had, you would have. I think you need to report this.?

?To who??

?The Council.?

Dundundun!

=D=

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Daemon[face_devil]that's bad and to report to the council Uh Oh.

Loved the update=D=

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I hope Cupid will go before the Council.

It can only help him for them to know they have an enemy.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004

?To who??

?The Council.?

Now the poodoo might hitteth the fan! :D

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.