main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Diary of an exile , completed dec 28 memories and a last entry

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Diary of an exile
    Title: Diary of an exile
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: after ROTS before and during ROTJ
    Characters: healer Master Aaqu
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Disclaimer: Star Wars = George Lucas.

Entry 1 evening.

It is 4 years since I left the Jeditemple with in my possession a key to a cabin in the countryside on my homeplanet.
    The cabin belonged to a friend of mine, long dead.
    This entry I will write in his remembrance.

I first met him when he was a week old and an initiate.
    His mother was from my homeplanet and of my race.
    He visited me numerous times as an initiate.
    One day he came to my office proudly telling me he had been apprenticed to Qui-Gon Jinn.
    Over the years they came many times to the healers ward to be treated for injuries.
    They saved many lives.
    They were like father and son.
    On a fateful day he came back without Qui-Gon with a blond-haired boy in tow.
    He introduced me to his Padawan.
    He was always complaining when he was treated for an injury.
    He was the best master for his padawan, teaching him the Jedi way.
    During a long recovery from a mission I helped him and he told me of a disturbing dream.
    He showed me a secret compartment in his trunk.
    He always prefered talking over fighting.
    When I felt a deep disturbance in the force I collected the key and fled to my homeplanet.
    I heard the news of the rise of the empire and the Jedi-purge.
    Today I mourn my friend; master Obi-Wan Kenobi.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very good start! =D=

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

this is interesting is it continuing
    if so can you PM me with updates.

Your stories are great.:cool:

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    First VaderLVR64 and Gkilkenny, thank you for the reviews =D=
    Next here is the exiles second entry in his diary. They will be short/long and span some 19 years of history.

Entry 2
    It is four years and a month since I left the Jeditemple
    Yesterday I returned from a trip to my family. The Dunai still live in the wilderness but have modern comfort in their homes.
    My oldest brother celebrated his 136th birthday and is still in good health. When I left them he gave me an old holoviewer.
    Today I watched the holonet.
    The G.E.N.(Galactic Empire News) was celebrating 4 years of a united empire.
    A history newsreel was showing the extermination of the Jedi through Order 66.
    Aayla Secura on Felucia, Luminara Unduli on Kashyyyk, Quinlan Vos on Bozz Pity and on and on it went and I remembered them all. I had treated everyone of them over the years when they were initiates, padawans and masters.
    At the end of this history the taking of the Jeditemple itself was shown.
    Clonetroopers blasting Jediknights, padawans and initiates, lead by a dark figure.
    A close-up revealed him and I cried.

How could he!
    He was the chosen one.
    He would save the Jedi.
    He destroyed them.
    He was Anakin Skywalker.

No

He is Darth Vader.

5. sherazade

sherazade Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    [face_praying] Please PM me!!!! this is very good!

6. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow 136 years thats a long life!:eek:

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 3
    It is more than seven years ago since the day master Fay died
    I will remember her today by writing in my diary

She saved my best friend Obi-Wan when she died on Queyta.
    Later I discovered she was born on this planet being from the Dunai elder race, that is even more longlived than the Dunai. An elder of 800 years is not uncommon.
    She was discovered by Master Yoda 400 years ago as a 2 year old, having lost both her parents to a disastrous earthquake.
    She was raised in the temple and apprentice to master Junaari.
    She was an exceptionally gifted padawan.
    At 20 years of age she became a knight, one of the youngest knights in the history of the temple.
    The day she died, she was on a mission with Nico Diath, Jon Antilles, Knol Ven?nari and Obi-Wan to recover the anti-dote for the swamp-gas first used on Ohma-D'un.
    Little was known of her missions but the fact that she never used a lightsabre. Maybe she didn?t even have one.
    She became a nomadic Jedi since her knightingday and saved thousands of lives.
    But by giving the lifeforce to Obi-Wan Kenobi she saved millions, the day she died.

8. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Master Fay sounded like a very nice Jedi

Nice excerpt from her diary.
    :cool: Thanks for the PM

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Next entry ties in with my fic Ohma-D'un

Entry 4
    Yesterday one of the Dunai elders visited me. He told me to come with him as soon as possible. I packed my meagre gear and the old holoviewer from my brother and stowed them on one of the pack-husans of the Dunai.
    We had a long trip through the wilderness until we came to a ravine. We descended into the ravine on a narrow path and came in a wooded area. Shielded in these woods, was a home of the Dunai elder.
    I was welcomed by the master of this home and he said that he was Master Ere-Dun and that he was the brother of master Fay, who had warned him and told him to protect a Jedi-Healer.
    He said to me that I could stay in his house as long as I liked.

That evening we watched the holoviewer.
    Darth Vader was telling an audience that he had killed the last Jedi-healer on Moniron.
    He had destroyed the little cabin of his old master Obi-Wan by setting it on fire and preventing the healer to escape it.
    As the planet of Moniron was of no importance to the Empire and was poor in resources no garrison of stormtroopers would be posted there.

Master Ere-Dun said that members of the Dunai elder were hidden in the woods surrounding the cabin when Darth Vader and his troops set fire to the cabin. They had influenced his mind so that he thought that I was in the cabin.

10. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Ha, Stupid Darth Vader.
    Dunai elder were hidden in the woods surrounding the cabin when Darth Vader and his troops set fire to the cabin. They had influenced his mind so that he thought that I was in the cabin.
    I knew he wasn't as smart and strong like he should be, if he was the Chosen one. No one could influence his mind.[face_beatup]

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Interesting update, looking forward to more! =D=

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 5

I was sitting with master Ere-Dun on the balcony overlooking the gardens. Birds were singing and the splashing sound of the waterfall could be heard in the distance. It was a relaxing mixture of sounds.

Master Ere-Dun told me that he had lost his parents due to an earthquake when he was ten years old. He was away on a hunting-trip with his uncle who had been the one who had told my parents of my great destiny as a healer.
    His sister Master Fay had been rescued by a Jedi and as she was Force-sensitive she was brought to the temple.
    I told him about my first teacher.

Master Yoda.

He found me and saw my Force powers.
    Yoda was my first master when I was an initiate.
    He had been a Jedi for over 700 years.
    I became a member of the Bear-clan and was trained by Yoda.
    I remember him as a very gentle being, always giving good advice.
    He was always patient with us.
    He was always friendly.

The only thing I disliked was his ?famous? stew.
    Yoda trained me until I was twelve years old and became an apprentice.

I was apprenticed to master healer Gli-Ra-Ond. He said I had the hands of a healer.
    He had recognised my potential as a mind-reader and helped me developing it.

13. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

The only thing I disliked was his ?famous? stew. [face_shame_on_you]

If it was made with ingredients from
    Dagabah No wonder!![face_sick]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 6
    We were sitting in the gardens and I told Master Ere-Dun of my Padawan-years.

I told him of my first real lightsaber and how I constructed it in the caves of Ilum. I was in a dreamlike state and saw some dark disturbances in the far future and a luminous human being helping a young man. A dark shadow left a dieing being and he turned back to the light side. When I awoke I found my lightsaber ready and its blade was actinic white, the colour of healing.

Master Yoda was my instructor for Lightsaber combat and as a padawan healer I went for the defensive Soresu form.

I showed master Ere-Dun my lightsaber. It was still in a pristine state as it was never used for real combat.

I told him of the trainings in the healers ward and how my potential as a mind-reader was developed. When I was 15 I could read the mind of all my patients after their permission.

When I was 16 years old we were visiting my home planet Moniron and we discovered a Force-sensitive Dunai elder of only two year old wandering alone in the wilderness. He had lost his parents and when we went searching for them, we found them killed by villains.
    We brought the child to the temple and on a medallion around his neck was written his name: Kaagi Adin.

Kaagi Adin became a therapist and was knighted when he was 27 years old.
    He was always cheerful and had a smile and a present for al his patients.

When I mentioned Kaagi Adin Master Ere-Dun interrupted me and said that Kaagi Adin?s family was still alive and living in a cottage a days ride away by a husan.

Master Ere-Din said that we could go to them next week.

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
  16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Nice update! =D=

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 7

Master Ere-Din awoke me and after a delicious breakfast we went to the stables.

He said he had a new friend for me.

A snow-white husan was awaiting our arrival and Master Ere-Din said that he was to be my friend. I approached the animal and I stroked his silken neck with my soft hands. I talked to it and Master Ere-Din said ?He likes you. You will be his new master and he will be forever faithful.?

I told him of the Husan of the temple that was found by Obi-Wan on Anaxes when it was mistreated by a farmer and only 3 years old. Obi-Wan Kenobi had become friends with this husan immediately.

Master Ere-Din asked me where Obi-Wan was born because the name Kenobi was well known to him.

He said that the Dunai-clan of the Kenobi?s were well known on Moniron and that some of this clan were still living in the wilderness of the continent of Rhova. The burned cottage had been their summer retreat and they lived a few days ride by husan from it.

I told him that Obi-Wan was found on Malastare by my friend Qui-Gon Jinn and that the mother had died after giving birth to him. She was from Moniron.

When I examined him I found that he had the hands of a healer.

Master Ere-Din said that most Dunai and all Dunai elders were gifted with it.

I told him that I had considered to take Obi-Wan as a padawan healer when he neared his 13th birthday. He was sent to Bandomeer to the Agri-corps and fate decided that he became the padawan of Qui-Gon Jinn.

Obi-Wan had used his healing gift on many occasions.

We mounted the husans and rode out of the ravine and entered the wilderness. Birds were singing and great old trees stood along the trail. Moniron is a planet unspoiled by civilisation as it had no natural resources and is not lying among a main-hyperspace-line. You have to plot your course manually.

The continent of Aarga on Moniron where I had been with my master Gli-Ra-Ond and found Kaagi Adin is the most developed part of the planet.

The continent of Rhova where the cabin of the Kenobi?s was, is more a wilderness with only a few villages at the coast.

We had a pick-nick along the trail and after a long ride and the sun was setting we arrived at the place of Kaagi Adin?s family.

Master Ere-Dun introduced me and a grey-haired Dunai elder Ghari Adin said that his nephew Kaagi was with him for some years now.

We went inside and a smiling Kaagi Adin appeared on top of the stairs, glided down the banister and ran towards me and welcomed me.

He said Master Aaqu and Master Ere-Din you must be tired. We will talk tomorrow.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Master Kaagi tells of his rescue

Entry 8

The large house of Ghari Adin is situated in a beautiful valley. It has a well-equipped healer?s ward and a few rooms for patients. A large meadow surrounds the house and a large fresh-water well is situated at the end of the meadow. Weeping willows surround the well and some chairs are standing near it. A brook flows from the well and disappears in the woods.
    Fruit-trees and a vegetable-garden are situated near the stables. Most stables are occupied by husans and one large stable serves as a parking-space for a speeder-bike and a four-seat speeder.

After the breakfast we went to the garden and settled in comfortable chairs.
    I asked Master Kaagi how he ended up here at his uncle?s place.

Master Kaagi told us of the rescue of the supreme chancellor by Anakin and Obi-Wan from Grievous flagship. After Yoda left for Kashyyyk and Obi-Wan for Utapau to arrest Grievous, he nearly fainted when he was treating a 4 year old.

He went to his room and meditated on it and when he saw the smiley he had received as a present from Obi-Wan, the feeling of dread was becoming stronger and stronger.

He picked up the smiley, wrote something on it and went to Obi-Wan?s apartment and put it in Obi-Wan?s personal trunk.

I asked him what happened next.

Master Kaagi told that he went to the hangar and told the clonetrooper on duty he needed a Jedi-transport and filed a flight-plan to New Holstice. Getting away from Coruscant was the easy part and reprogramming the nav-comp and erasing the registry was a bit more work.

He started to grin as he was telling this and said ?By watching Anakin and Master Garen doing this numerous times, I knew how to do it.?

The final part of the journey was programming the transport to crash into the sun and getting to Moniron in an escape-pod. He landed on Rhova and soon had a husan and a friendly guide who helped him find his family. ?And for more than four years now I have been living in my uncle?s house and we have been the healers for the Dunai elder in this part of the continent? Kaagi concluded his story.

19. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

those smileys get around[face_dancing]
    He picked up the smiley, wrote something on it and went to Obi-Wan?s apartment and put it in Obi-Wan?s personal trunk.

what did he write on it?[face_thinking]

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Master Kaagi told that he went to the hangar and told the clonetrooper on duty he needed a Jedi-transport and filed a flight-plan to New Holstice. Getting away from Coruscant was the easy part and reprogramming the nav-comp and erasing the registry was a bit more work.

He started to grin as he was telling this and said ?By watching Anakin and Master Garen doing this numerous times, I knew how to do it.?

Nicely done! =D=

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 9
    For the first time since coming to Moniron I had a pleasant dream. I dreamt of the far future and saw a beautiful house, lying in a valley and surrounded by meadows. A river ran nearby through a forested area and a large waterfall could be seen from the house. Peaceful beings of every race were living in small cottages surrounding the house and a teacher was learning little ones to meditate.

I awoke from the smell of fresh brewing caf and baked bread and after a refreshing bath I went down the stairs to the living-room.

Master Ere-Dun and Ghari Adin were having their breakfast already and I joined them and told them of the dream.

Master Ere-Dun said ?Maybe this dream will come true?

I told them of my first meeting with Kaagi Adin.

Ghari Adin said that he had been contacted by the authorities and by a master Gli-Ra-Ond and that he had given his permission to take Kaagi to the Jeditemple to be trained as he was the only living relative on Moniron and far too old to raise a young child to adulthood. He had always been a bachelor.

He asked who my parents are and I said they are Asse and Gwin Maerhin. My older brother Aerin still lives with them.

We were finishing our break-fast. Kaagi came gliding down the banister and greeted us.

Master Ere-Dun asked Kaagi about his years at the Jeditemple.

Kaagi Adin told Master Ere-Dun that he had been one of my students.

When he was 12 years old he became a Padawan learner to my old master Gli-Ra-Ond when I was knighted at 26 years of age.

He decided to become a healer after he had been to the cave of Ilum and constructed his lightsaber which had a bright pearly-white glow when ignited.

He never used it in combat and it only served as a focussing device when he was meditating or practising defensive Kata?s.

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 10

Kaagi was awake very early this morning and the smell of fresh baked bread and caf wafted up to my room.

I went downstairs and soon we had an exiting conversation about the last days of the clone-wars.

I told Kaagi that I left two weeks before the supreme chancellor declared himself emperor.

I had a very bad feeling that day and my friend Obi-Wan had told me of a key to a cabin on Moniron.

Kaagi asked what I did with my flightplan and transport and I said ?Oh just a simple flightplan ?straight until morning to the next star on the left.?

After I navigated manually through the nebula surrounding the Moniron star-system I used the escape-pod and sent the transport out of the system in a straight path out of the galaxy.?

That had been my escape and I wonder where my transport will end up eventually and it?s only traceable to Coruscant.

Kaagi told me of the battle of Coruscant and of Obi-Wan and Anakin rescuing the supreme chancellor. He said that Boyd Vienar tried to contact me that day and he had some important information.

I asked Kaagi what kind of information that was and Kaagi told me of Boyd?s private investigations after a bombing of the Coruscant Galactic Shopping Mall. By coincidence he found the diary of Mori Sinna and he was the culprit behind Obi-Wan?s poisoning on Anaxes.

That afternoon a member of master Ere-Dun?s household came to us. He had been away for a few months to the capital Monir on the continent of Aarga. He told us of Darth Vader and his troops. They had destroyed the house Obi-Wan had kept as a retreat when he was on R. and R. from the Jeditemple and the village. Most of the humans from that village were killed.

One teenage boy who had been swimming in a pool in the forest was the only survivor and having no family left he was taken with him to the house of the senior master of the Dunai elder Eled-Hir.

At the place of Eled-Hir they saw a broadcast from the G.E.N. with Darth Vader declaring the planet of Moniron of no importance to the Empire and it was to be erased from the star-charts.

Why did Darth Vader do it?

Destroying the memories of his master and his Padawan-years?

Because of the uneasy feeling he got when coming to this planet?

Is there still a part of Anakin the Jediknight in him?

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    VERY good post! =D=

24. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Just found this and it is delightful. I like the backstory you are providing. And I always had a thing for the Healers of the Jedi Order. Nice. I'd love a pm when you update.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 11

Two months have passed at Ghari Adin?s place and each evening we told stories about our lives.

When I told Ghari Adin of my years as a Jedi-healer, he asked me if I could join him for treating the patients. He had seen my work already because some patients had visited us. He was getting old and could use some younger hands to help him.

Ghari Adin had a modern equipped healer?s ward and when modern medicines were not available we collected herbs in the wilderness. Ghari Adin had an extensive knowledge of herbs and he was a healer himself for almost 850 years now.

Ghari Adin became my teacher.

Ghari Adin told me that every Dunai elder had healing qualities and most of the Dunai, who were their distant relatives, had inherited this treat. He said it was no surprise to him that I had become a Jedi-healer.

Kaagi told me that all of the Dunai elder had some Force-sensitivity and many of the Dunai too.

I told him of Master Fay.

Ghari Adin said he had met her once when she was two year old when her parents were killed by the earthquake and she was found by the Jedi master Yoda. He had given permission together with her brother Ere-Dun to take her to the temple. Yoda had told 10 year old Ere-Dun that he was too old to be trained but that he was important for the future.

Master Ere-Dun said that he had touched Yoda?s hands and felt something of this future. He was very pleased when Ghari Adin invited him to stay at his place until he was old enough to build a home for his own.

Master Ere-Dun said that a group of Dunai elder joined him after he had built his house. That was the same group that had warned me to leave the cabin and that had influenced Darth Vader.

His sister Master Fay came many times to his place after she was knighted and told him of her adventures as a Jedi.

Ere-Dun left next day to go to his place again and he promised to visit us many times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.