main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Diary of an exile , completed dec 28 memories and a last entry

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *zoekt heel erg veel zakdoekjes voor harzelf en DU!*

Okay, those recent paintings of your did give us watery eyes! Stunning, absolutly stunnig. Those autuum colours! Such strenght, such use of emotions. Brings back the beauty of Rivendell as seen in the LotR films.

But for me the memories goes deeper. Halloween (or better to say Samhain) is one of the most important Celtic highfeasts. Therefore autuum always meant a lot for me. You now did stir some rather important memories of mine... hartelijk bedankt!

And as for the Obi & Luke pic... where he really seems unwilling to hand him over to his new guardians... that made DU cry...

Okay, but now I still need to read the stories that are connected to those pictures.

Sorry for having been such a bad reader recently, but so little time for privacy remains after a hard long day of teaching and even less after a day at university...

" And Obi-Wan: he was looking like a girl with that flowing red hair and make-up and dressed in lace and bright yellow silk."

... okay, now I can NOT stop laughing and fail to manage to ban THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW out of my head...

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    glad you liked it

Gkilkenny posted I had dyed Qui-Gon?s hair a platinum blonde colour and tanned his skin deep dark brown. It contrasted sharp with his purple robes with bright blue trimmings

yes and Obi-Wan was looking lovely when they had that mission

AzureAngel2
    posted
    Okay, those recent paintings of your did give us watery eyes! Stunning, absolutly stunnig. Those autuum colours! Such strenght, such use of emotions. Brings back the beauty of Rivendell as seen in the LotR films.

But for me the memories goes deeper. Halloween (or better to say Samhain) is one of the most important Celtic highfeasts. Therefore autuum always meant a lot for me. You now did stir some rather important memories of mine... hartelijk bedankt!

And as for the Obi & Luke pic... where he really seems unwilling to hand him over to his new guardians... that made DU cry...

thanks for reading and replies

Entry 42

It has been a long time since I saw my diary.

Shonalla and Alarik Wanqin had left two weeks ago with a transport to the capital of Moniron. They had married 5 weeks ago and it had been a big party with guests from all over Moniron.

One of them was a famous professor from Monir University Hospital and he offered Shonalla and Alarik new jobs.

Shonalla had asked permission from Enga and she had given it to her. Teaching at a university was a great opportunity for her and she would meet many different patients.

---

Yesterday we came back from the beach and that had been a pleasant vacation for the four of us: Kaagi, Aranella, Marhin and me.

Kaagi had rented a small cottage at the beach and each day we went swimming.

The first day we went the Falgans met us. They are black and white sea mammals like Lingalans. They are friendly and you can ride them and even seven year old Marhin was enjoying it. The Falgans were very kind for the little boy and took him with his father for a gentle ride.

And it became fun when I produced a purple crocodragon from my bag and inflated it. It had been a present from Magin Bhik after he was released from the healer?s ward. Kaagi had gotten one too but his was lost during his escape from the Jeditemple.

Kaagi had said ?you should have seen Obi-Wan and Magin Bhik with them: floating around in that large temple swimmingpool and I giving them therapy. And after that swim donning those funny shoes. A pity I couldn?t take those with me.?

I remembered that episode vividly and it was Siri who had helped them recover from injury, encouraging them and caring for Obi-Wan and giving him many funny presents. Obi-Wan teased her back and when she was giving a welcome home party those presents were standing on the table in the thourougly cleaned apartment. Siri had taken care of that after Anakin made a mess of it.

tbc-

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another wonderful update! =D=

4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Teaching always a great opportunity is!

*nods as slow as master Yoda!*

And also Dutch mavo students and the vmbo ones can be fun.

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    VaderLVR64 thanks@};-

Valairy_Scot thanks [:D]

Entry 43

It is 15 years since the attack on the Jeditemple and today is a day of rememberance.
    John Vanrood, Kaagi and Enga came to my place and I took my lightsaber and Kaagi his and we ignited it.
    We sat in silence and each of us was alone with his or her thoughts for five minutes.

We remembered the slain Jedi

The victims of the wars

The millions and millions suffering under the empire

The dark times

A mournfull song was heard and when we looked outside we saw the Dunai elder gathered around the pond. Each of them was holding a candle and the flames flickered in the wind and were reflected by the pond.

We went outside and joined them and soon we were reciting the lines of old and remembering every being that died during the wars, past and present.

tbc-

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    The dark times

A mournfull song was heard and when we looked outside we saw the Dunai elder gathered around the pond. Each of them was holding a candle and the flames flickered in the wind and were reflected by the pond.

We went outside and joined them and soon we were reciting the lines of old and remembering every being that died during the wars, past and present

Bravo! =D=

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    thanks and here is the next update

Entry 44

More than 15 years have passed since the destruction of the temple

Qui-Gon came again to me and we meditated about the teaching of the Whills.

He said that he had visited Obi-Wan who was injured after a meeting with a piece of a racing pod. He had observed the rescue by two firefighters and a young man and he told me their names.

I recognised their names immediately.

Qui-Gon told me that he had seen Yoda?s lightsaber and that he had instructed Obi-Wan to guide them to Moniron.

The last he had seen before he went to visit me was the transport lifting off and Obi-Wan and the blonde haired firefighter going to the podracing arena and the doctor.

I contacted my friends and told them of a transport that should arrive in the next days.

I remembered Luciano Robi, Boyd Vienar and Alwin Karao.

Luciano joined the Jeditemple firedepartment during the Clonewars and he rescued many beings.

Boyd Vienar was helping Anakin to get that antidote for Obi-Wan and stayed for a short time at the Jeditemple after a daring escape with Anakin.

Alwin Karao was that young initiate who after turning 13 was sent to the Agricorps with Magin Bhik.

tbc

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 45

Master Ere-Dun came again and he had the two men I asked him to find.

He had brought my belongings and among them was the old holoviewer.

I welcomed Luciano Robi and Alwin Karao.

We treated their small injuries and something in Alwin?s blood startled me. He was a Dunai elder and when I tested it further I was astounded: Alwin Karao is the lost son of Henrani and Janeah Elennion.

---

After a nourishing lunch we were seating in the garden and they told us their stories.

Alwin told us about his stay with Magin Bhik on the farm on Alderaan and that he felt the thousands of Jedi die. Of the signal to return to the temple and Magin?s decision to go into hiding after a second signal warned them to stay away. And he told us about becoming a firefighter and staying with the parents of Luciano.

Luciano told us of the betrayal of Mori Sinna and of his contact with Boyd Vienar and their escape in his transport to Alderaan the destruction of the temple and Anakin Skywalker marching ahead of his clonetroopers and entering the temple. He was forbidden to fight the fires raging in the temple.

He told us of the day after Palpatine had declared himself emperor and the small fire in the bowels of the Senatehall. He showed us a lightsaber and I recognised it: Yoda?s lightsaber.
    Luciano told me that he had used it to save lives on Alderaan but that he never revealed its origin.

Alwin told of the trip to the outerrim planets with Luciano and the landing on Tatooine.

Luciano told of the Jedi they met on Tatooine who was known in the past as Obi-Wan but had adopted the name of Ben. He said that after they had landed to attend the Boonta Eve podrace on Tatooine, they found at the landingsite a crashed speeder. Luciano used the lightsaber to free Obi-Wan from the wreck and treated him for some small injuries.

He said grinning ?That was the third time Boyd and I rescued him.?

Obi-Wan had seen the lightsaber and had asked them to go to this planet and programmed the co-ordinates.

tbc-

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Sorry I missed a post while I was out of town! But I'm glad that I got to have more at one time.

=D=

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow so many entries, thats the problem when you go away
    for awhile, you miss all the posts.

Keep up the good work
    lovely writing=D=

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    VaderLVR64 again thanks for reading

[:D]and thanks

Entry 46

Luciano is staying with us and has become a teacher for the firefighters of the estate. He is also a doctor and treats patients.
    He has given me Yoda?s lightsaber and I will give it to Alwin Karao when he is graduating.

A week ago we were meditating and I was holding Yoda?s lightsaber and Kaagi his. Alwin joined us and he will become a great Jedihealer.

I have contacted Henrani and Janeah Elennion and they have arrived yesterday.

An emotional meeting between them and Alwin followed. Janeah closed Alwin in her arms and comforted him and his father hugged him. Alwin told them of the time with the slavers and being under the care of an unfriendly woman until he was rescued by a little green Jedi when he was about to be sold.
    He told them of his training as a Jedi and not being apprenticed to a master when he became 13. He told them of his meeting with Magin Bhik and his education by him and the dark times when the Empire was born and ended with the story of his arrival on Moniron.

Alwin met his little brother Lenwe for the first time and they became friends. He took his brother to the great house and showed him the holo?s his friend Luciano has brought and soon had an audience of all the children. Marhin joined them too and soon the giggles were heard through the open windows.

Henrani and Janeah were sitting with me in the garden and Luciano joined us. He said ?watching the owl again??

I said ?yes and I am glad you brought those holos. They are ageless and always entertaining.?

Alwin told his parents that he wanted to become a healer and Henrani told him that he could stay at the estate.

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I love all of these wonderful characters! =D=

14. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

It was nice that Alwin could meet his brother
    and spend some time with him.[:D]

Nice update=D=

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Gkilkenny posted: It was nice that Alwin could meet his brother
    and spend some time with him.
    Nice update

Thanks for reading and the next entry has some new 'old' friends who were saved by Qui-Gon

Entry 47

Yesterday I was giving a defensive lightsaber demonstration with Kaagi and I used Yoda?s lightsaber.

Qui-Gon has visited me a week ago and he said that a group of two Jedi and a doctor would be coming soon. I have told this to Eled-Hir and he has alerted all Dunai elder.

Two days ago I was sitting with Kaagi on the porch of my cabin when Henrani Elenion and three companions in a speeder stopped at the entrance of the great house.

We went to them and recognised all of them immediately. Lia Neitha was the kind doctor from Ganaris who had helped Obi-Wan and Jake and his Master Jiri had also been involved with Obi-Wan and left for Firokua to join the small Jedi-enclave.

We led them to the house of healing and settled in the great hall where Jake told me his story of the purges.

Jake told us that he was at sea with Jiri with a small contingent of clonetroopers doing an exercise of ?catch me if you can? and they were followed by two boats with troopers.

Jiri said that they were rescued by an old man who took them in his boat to his village.

The son of the old man asked them to help set up a rebellion and Jiri and Jake agreed to that.

Lia Neitha told me she wanted to help at the centre and she will join the teachers. She showed me the seaweed that she had stashed in a pouch.

Eled-Hir saw it and he said that it was similar to the seaweed found in the oceans of Moniron and he was interested in Lia?s receipe for burnsalve. Lia will join the researchers of Eled-Hir and Jiri and Jake will help them.

Kaagi said after examining Jake?s leg that he could restore it to full use and I have assisted him during the long surgery.

Lia Neitha helped us with the surgery on the burns on the hands of both men and applied her burnsalve. They will both recover fully.

As I am writing this I am sitting in a chair and watching my two patients.
    Both are resting and a peaceful smile is on their faces.

16. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

A healers work is never done.

great post.=D=

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Gkilkenny, yes healers have always work to do

VaderLVR64 thanks

Entry 48

A week ago Jiri, Jake and Lia came back from a trip to the sea. Kaagi had said they needed this therapy for their hands.
    Kaagi, Marhin and Aranella had accompanied them and they were telling exiting stories about swimming, scuba-diving and meeting the Falgans.

Jake had tears in his eyes when he finished his story.
    The Falgan had comforted him as if he sensed the Jedi?s grieve about the death of his wife. He said ?they were so like the Lingalans I have seen when I fell in love with Ticalla.?

A small smile appeared on his face when he told me of a dream after that swim where he met Qui-Gon Jinn who told him about the teachings of the Whills.

Jake said ?And it was no dream at all when I opened my eyes and saw him standing before me?.

I smiled and told him about my meetings with Qui-Gon.

Jake told me of his teachings by Qui-Gon and when they left to go back to the estate he could see Ticalla in the Force.

19. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Qui-Gon teaches everyone. [:D]

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Qui-Gon is a teacher by nature, it seems.

=D=

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Gkilkenny posted: Qui-Gon teaches everyone.

Yes and he is remembered by everyone. Thanks for reading and the kind reviews

Entry 49

Today is a day of remembrance. Qui-Gon Jinn died 30 years ago on Naboo.

And in some way that day on Naboo was the beginning of the fall of the Jedi.

Anakin became the headstrong padawan of Obi-Wan Kenobi. The Jedi couldn?t teach him much and he was friends with Palpatine from that day the Naboo celebrated their victory over the trade federation.

And I think Palpatine got him in his clutches from that day, manipulating him whenever he could.

All Jedi gathered in the garden near the large pool and each of us carried a candle in a paper lantern.

I remembered Qui-Gon's antics as an initiate, scheming with Benno Perion and Mace Windu and occasionally Magin Bhik, his apprenticeship to Dooku and becoming a Jediknight and master.

And his last padawan Obi-Wan and his new learners: us, the Jedi on Moniron.

When we were putting the lanterns afloat on the water we saw the reflection of Qui-Gon with a smiling face.

I closed my eyes and seeing with the Force I saw in a small hovel on Tatooine Obi-Wan meditating on his master?s old cloak with a smile on his face.

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I closed my eyes and seeing with the Force I saw in a small hovel on Tatooine Obi-Wan meditating on his master?s old cloak with a smile on his face.

Loved the imagery of that.

=D=

23. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Today is a day of remembrance. Qui-Gon Jinn died 30 years ago on Naboo.

You are so right, it was the beginning of the downfall of the Jedi.:_|

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    VaderLVR64 posted: I closed my eyes and seeing with the Force I saw in a small hovel on Tatooine Obi-Wan meditating on his master?s old cloak with a smile on his face.
    Loved the imagery of that.

Gkilkenny posted: Today is a day of remembrance. Qui-Gon Jinn died 30 years ago on Naboo.
    You are so right, it was the beginning of the downfall of the Jedi.

Entry 50

Alwin has celebrated his 35th birthday a week ago and his parents and brother have visited us.

In a ceremonial I told him of his destiny and Alwin smiled. He was well on his way of becoming a healer and was studying the ways of the Whills.

I said ?I will keep this lightsaber
    Alwin Karao will inherit it
    He will be the guardian of the light.
    He will be the first of the New Jedi-healers
    We will serve again the democracy
    When the time is right
    When wars are abandoned?

Alwin smiled and his parents and brother were watching us.

His brother Lenwe said that he wanted to become a healer too.

Henrani said that he would want to settle here at the great estate. He had met another young Dunai who wanted to settle in Ghari?s place as it is still known.

Eled-Hir heard our conversation and said that he could use a healer with the capabilities of Henrani. John Vanrood had retired from teaching a year ago when he celebrated his 75th birthday and Shonalla had decided to remain in the capital.

Eled-Hir said that he had a nice large cottage for them. Four bedrooms and a great living room and it was situated near Kaagi?s cottage.

The look on Lenwe?s face was priceless when Alwin said ?I want to stay in that cottage too.?

Janeah said ?our family will be reunited again.?

---

Henrani contacted the Dunai healer and he has moved his belongings today.

This evening I was visiting Kaagi and I heard through the open window the giggles from Marhin, Lenwe and Alwin in the other cottage.

Kaagi said with a big smile ?they are watching the owl.?

And when I heard ?beaks closed and eyes shut? I smiled and remembered my initiate-days at the Jedi-temple where similar stories were told in the crèche.

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Phew, I caught up with this fanfic also. Good that I have a day at home, being sick and yet being able to enjoy myself due to you!

A good up-dates. Fates are woven into one another like the contains of a carpet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.