main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Diary of an investigator DDC 2021 half year challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jul 1, 2021.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew, a lot of stuff happened with Jb!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    and more happening to him

Entry 53

Jeb is fully recovered and married today in the town hall. His witnesses were Steve and Helen. She had visited him often and encouraged him to get on his feet with 'I will be your witness but you have to walk. And you have to run because I am challenging you to participate in the Noranan 10K run.'

Entry 54

Work kept me busy and not seeing my diary at all.

But today Jeb came to me with news. He has to get pickles because Dina is pregnant.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, two happy milestones!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    with more exciting things coming next

Entry 55

Again very busy but today Bret, Jeb and I went in our new transport to the Moniron moon and found a Rakata artifact near the stardestroyer. It cracked when I carried it out of our MFS-six transport and showered me and the transport with dust.

A new transport?

Yes the GMK-seven is beyond repairs but Peter Sloan, a recent arrival in Noranan was busy with his MFS-six transport and offered us to use it.

We had to make one promise; Keep it tidy and clean and no speeding.

We cleaned it after the visit. Peter will have no complaints.

Peter, René and Rob Dalara left Lingala after a tragic event. Peter and René lost their wives in an accident during a thunderstorm in Ifaan national park. René wanted to bring the ashes to Moniron with his son. Peter Sloan sr told his son to go and join his friends. Peter had no more reasons to stay on Lingala and wanted to join Mick and Jim Kerebuy and Alan Guyet, his old friends from hospital squadron. They had been in that squadron on New Holstice, serving as doctors in the great hospital during the clone-wars. Peter is now working in the hospital. René has joined the fire-department as battalion commander and his son Rob is working as an engineer.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Many changes, losses and gains =D=

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and being busy with

Entry 56

Busy again with work and with baby-room decorating at Jeb's place.

Today we had some free time after our duty and went to the firedepartment for a party.

Lionel Keranan was promoted.

Steve was invited by his childhood friend Ivano Arvedai to come and Jeb and I tagged along.

But Jeb was edgy and wanted to go home as soon as possible.

I heard René Dalara talking about the new medevac that is designed by his son Rob. It is now ready for the first test-flight and the two test-pilots are Mick Kerebuy and Peter Sloan. They were selected by Rob.

Entry 57

This morning I had been decorating the babyroom with Jeb before I went to the station.

Steve was in stitches when he saw me decorated with blue and white paint in my hair and on my hands. He gave me a lecture about getting a shower before coming to work.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Eager preparations for the upcoming arrival

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    but will he listen to the lecture?

Entry 58

No I didn't listen to Steve. Yesterday I came to the station with paint in my hair.

And I should have listened to Steve when I received that message from Peter Sloan and responded to his call to come because he found Rakata-oldies in the darrin valley. Peter was testing a new medevac with Mick Kerebuy and was diverted by a 'real' emergency. Only Peter's urging that there was a 'dead' body there had Steve getting his blaster and coming along with me.

I do remember coming there with Steve flying and breaking my speed-record and seeing only Peter and a woman but that's all. I woke up this morning in a bed in the hospital.

Dick Ashwor was there and Pat Huling.

Pat was there to take Dick to his home and told us that guards from the space and air-port and my colleagues had rescued us. Carolin Mokovic and Volca Virine escaped with the MFS-transport. Tony and he had transported us to the hospital where Jeb – being there with Dina because the baby will come early – took us to a room.

Aradan Mirdees examined Dick and released him.

I was next to be examined.

Aradan told me more about what happened to Steve and me.

Steve was found by him and Rihan Shellan in the darrin valley. He had bullet-wounds in his left leg and left shoulder and a broken right wrist.

Steve could tell Aradan all about the devious women Carolin Mokovic and Volca Virine, seducing Peter and me with darweed. They had us following their orders. Peter was sent by Mokovic to the Ikraan gorge to crash the medevac with him and Mick. They got rescued by the fire-department and the medevac from the hospital. I was ordered to guide the airspeeder to the space-port where Mokovic and Virine escaped with the MFS-six transport.

Steve is in the IC-ward after surgery and staying there being hooked up on thingies.

I could go home but waited for Peter and Mick after I promised Aradan to keep Peter, Mick and Steve from making escape-plans.

I sensed that Kaagi was with Steve, guiding him out of the sedation. That had me thinking about the trouble that granddad caused for Steve In Corellia when Peter came to the room in a wheelchair with his left leg in a cast.

Peter headed to an empty bed and was followed by Aradan who guided a bed with Mick inside.

Peter began to tell Mick that he had escape-plans.

I told him and Mick that I had agreed with Aradan to keep them here and that I had helpers.

Help arrived when Bret came in and told me that Jeb needed me as soon as possible.

I spurted to Jeb.

He was in the delivery room, aiding Dina.

Dina gave birth to a beautiful boy.

Kyp Bel Hana is my grandson.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 58

I got busy keeping Peter and Mick in their room.

Before entering the medium care ward I had to change in green scrubs.

Kaagi had made a sign on the door; 'have fun when you enter here but don't listen to the patients arguing to leave the loving care of nurses and doctors.'

Two days ago Peter was released.

Today Steve could leave the IC-ward and Bret was there before I took over.

Steve told me that I wasn't to blame for what happened to us. 'You were under the influence of the darweed drug. And there is one positive. No more old scary things to get from the Moniron moon.'

Yeah no more transport for Jeb and me. But I think that Jeb will be too busy with Kyp.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 59

Today Steve celebrated his birthday.

I went to visit him and was there when Peter Sloan came in with Tarkan Er-Veridan.

Entry 46 had this message. 'To my helper where ever you are. Our leader Luke Skywalker recognised the so called Dorsetti holocron as one with immense power for the one in possession of the thing. If Palpatine had gotten it, he would have been unbeatable. We will not use it. And recalling what my father told me. May it be your journey on towards your destiny. When the night of loosing your wife is overcome you will rise to find the sun. May you have a long and happy life with your beloved ones.'

Now the message made sense to me. Tarkan Er-Veridan came to visit Peter Sloan and was asked by him to visit Steve, who is still plagued by bad dreams.

Tarkan told us that he was born on Lingala and had Peter Sloan sr as one of his tech-teachers. He became a pilot, settled on Pangona and had a dream that had him going back to Lingala. He was getting new supplies at one of the Coruscant space-ports when he saw a blonde guy with creepy tattoos fighting with a bunch of guards. A red object fell from his pocket and was picked up by Tarkan who – when he didn't see the owner anymore – took it to Lingala where he met his teacher again. Sloan urged him to bring the holocron to someplace safe being Moniron. The holocron can give unlimited power to the one who unravels the message.

Tarkan showed the holocron and that had Steve and me uttering Moirani englara darrin! We recognised the holocron that had brought us grief. And knowing that it will be stored in a safe place Steve and I are happy.

I am here safe on Moniron with my son Jeb, his wife Dina and their young son Kyp, named after the Jedi-knight who helped us.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 60

Steve is an escape artist and I wanted to help him to be away from the hospital for a little ride. With him allowed to walk we made it to the entrance and were almost near my speeder when Aradan Mirdees came to get Steve back. No more walking in the corridors leading to the exit for Steve. He got a wheelchair with an alarm that had him moving only in the surgery-wing, the restaurant and the corridors leading to the therapy room.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 61

Steve was released today but it is still work for Bret and me after we promised Aradan Mirdees to do our Magaron-sitting and take him each day to the hospital for therapy. Tomorrow he has to go to Mirdees for a removable cast.

Entry 62

With the removable cast Steve was back very soon with Bret. They visited Tarhin and Ivano who had been admitted to the hospital after an accident. Pat Huling was keeping them busy. Steve was asked to do some archive-work and signing of documents. That had them leaving in a hurry.

But as soon as Steve was home he got his diary and was writing until Bret and I told him that dinner was waiting.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 63

Yesterday it was Halfir who did the Magaron sitting and today I got the job.

Steve was very eager to go to therapy. And that is to be expected with Kaagi Adin giving that. But today was different.

Steve shouted 'You again. Mara WOW' when he saw the attractive woman with long black hair before he limped inside the treatment room.

Mara WOW was explained to me when I met her. She is bonded to Steve already. Steve has found his love and has asked me to be his best man on the day of his marriage.

When we left the hospital we saw Kaagi Adin being guided in on a stretcher. I put the diary on record.

“Aaqu is in the ER-room. And Jago Amaral is waiting for you in the IC.”

“Him again?”

“Him?”

“I had Jago guiding me into sedation after expedition 41. I was contaminated when a piece of lava-glass pierced my right leg. Mick Kerebuy was at decon and helped to remove the suit. He sutured the wound and went with me to the hospital where a blood-sample revealed the dead midichlorians. The examination of the suit led to an improvement of the outer layer.”

“What has happened to him?”

“Mara told me why I had her again for therapy. Kaagi has been to the darrin-valley and is contaminated and that's bad for the coming days. He has dead midichlorians needing chase-away treatment.”

“But not bad for you if you have Mara again as your therapist.”

“Not at all. She has only me and the children as patients. But Kaagi; we have to cheer him up.”

click

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 64

Aaqu Maerhin, Erdin Felaron and Pat Huling (they were acting as Arvedai and Engaron-sitters) were essential for the planning of two bachelor parties becoming one to celebrate in the swimming pool of the hospital.

Jim Kerebuy is Mick's best man and he got involved too.

I am Steve's best man and met Pat almost every day. Pat he told me about the things they were planning. We went to a toy-shop to get things being purple inflatable croco-dragons. And we got the entire supply of the shop. They will remain in the hospital being great therapy-tools. Kaagi Adin had used them in the Jedi-temple and had told Pat about them. I had to get new swimming-trunks because my old ones were yes; old.

I informed my colleagues, had them telling Steve that they had important jobs on that day.

Pat brought Steve with the report about the helmet to go to Kaagi.

As planned Mick was there with Aradan to release Kaagi.

Steve told me that he knew about the plans when he heard Ivano, Tarhin and Erdin discussing and the latter entering with an archive-box filled with swimming-trunks for Aradan, Mick and him. Kaagi was already wearing his.

The corridors were empty when a parade of men dressed in swimming-trunks headed to the swimming-pool where I had helped Pat with the croco-dragons and had guided all our colleagues who could be there inside to wait with Halfir Majeski at the other end of the pool.

Pat was inflating the last toy when they came in.

It was fun; swimming, playing, getting nice drinks and pies.

Ivano and Tarhin were released and could go home after the party.

I brought Steve to his cottage.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 65

Steve and Maranella got married today.

I was best man for Steve and got the colleagues and friends on the beach lined up in two rows ending near the ocean. I walked before the three riders; Steve on Alanor and Ivano on Nauran and Halfir on a mare from the Keranan farm, his witnesses.

I knew what Maranella was planning and had fun when I saw Steve entering the surf and she rising from the surf and getting on Alanor with Steve.

Jasir Ere-Dun sang the vows in the old language.

We all sang those words in basic.

Ghenesin tree planted for the eternity

Nenya flower and gwalion flower

White like the eternal soul

White like the eternal spirit

Eternity forever

Forever friends

Jasir gave a sign and Steve and Maranella kissed.

That was the first part and the second part of the ceremony was before mr Candida, the official of the town-hall.

And that got interrupted when Ivano – as the second witness to sign – mounted Nauran and hurried away with Aaqu Maerhin for some baby-business. Aaqu's wife Lynne was in labor and taken to the hospital where Ariana was born.

We had the party in the restaurant of the hospital.

That too was interrupted for a short time when we followed Kaagi and mr Candida to the room where Ivano was with Aaqu, Lynne, their children Ken and Ariana and Aranella Adin. Ivano had to sign the document. And mr Candida could now make a birth-certificate.

We were invited for Kaagi's birthday and Ariana's baby party.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 66

Today was the baby party for Ariana and the birthday party for Kaagi.

It had started there on the beach before the cottages of Aaqu and Kaagi in the morning with many friends coming for a short or long stay depending on their duties.

I had recorded some of the discussions between Steve, Ivano and me about diaries when a light began to blink. I stopped the recording and there it was; a message on the display. Only 700 words left for entry 66 so this will be the end of my diary. And being a grand-dad for Kyp, I think I am too busy to begin another one. I have to stop. Dina is beginning her work and Jeb will soon follow with his. I have to care for Kyp.

FIN

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.