main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Anakin really love Padmé?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by darthperrus, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthperrus

darthperrus Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Did Anakin really loved Padmé? after all he killed her. If he had really loved her he wouldn't have killed her he would have saved her.

2. AHAMODE

AHAMODE Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Yes. He said it didn't he, so it must be true. :p

Don't you remember how he held her on the lake on Naboo?

3. ewanobiwan

ewanobiwan Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    he didn't mean to kill her.

he turned to the dark side to try to save her, not knowing that inadvertantly he was the reason she would die.

technically she was healthy, she just died of a broken heart. he really did love her, was a little obesessed at times too but he did love her.

i'm sure if he had known that by turning to the dark side she would die he wouldnt have done it....at that point in time.

4. Darth-Trepidor

Darth-Trepidor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 10, 2005
    I don't really believe so, although I'd pretty much say ANYTHING Natalie Portman wanted me to...

5. Gran-Puff_Twinkie

Gran-Puff_Twinkie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2005
    no, it was a movie.

6. stormcloud777

stormcloud777 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2005
    yes, the script and acting was bad at conveying it though.

i mean you cant exactly have her standing on the front of the naboo royal cruiser shouting "im queen of nabooooo!!!!" [titanic reference]

7. thesaga2

thesaga2 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    i think he really did love her- he turned to the dark side to try to save her.

8. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    If he didn't love her, would he have killed a temple full of Jedi just to gain the power save her?

He choked her because he felt that she betrayed him by bringing Obi-Wan to Mustafar. He loved her, he couldn't live without her.

9. darth_pinky

darth_pinky Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2005
    I think he could have loved her, but he was a bit obessed; cause if you loved someone, I really doubt you would choke em just like he did to Padme back in Mustafar....but then again, if he wouldn't have loved her he wouldn't have had asked for her after he got out of the operation room thingy...

10. OLDirtyJedi

OLDirtyJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 22, 2002
    nah, all he wanted was that naboo nookie

11. thesaga2

thesaga2 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    true- i still believed he loved her- it was an obbession- he lost his mother padme was not going to leave him as easily- but she did.

12. virtualmel

virtualmel Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    A big part of this was left out of the movie compared to the book. In the book, Padme took more of a political role and was, in a sense, trying to aid in removing Palps from emergency power. Of course he knew this was going on and let Anakin know but presented it as only a rumor. In addition, in the middle of the movie we see that Padme and obi-wan meet but we do not see why. In that meeting, they discuss Palps power and what should be done about it. Again, it was presented to Anakin as a rumor. But Palps planted that seed of doubt into Anakin?s mind and so when Obi-wan steps down from the ship, he is hit with betrayal from Padme. There is a line in the book, something like sometimes those who are the closest to us are the ones that hurt us the most (through deception). That is where the anger at her came from ? at least from how I read it!

13. Anakin_Skywalker217

Anakin_Skywalker217 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2003
    He did. He just lost contol.

14. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    Didn't he give it all up to save her.

15. Darth_Rags

Darth_Rags Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2005
    He loved her to death.

16. DJediX

DJediX Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2003
    Are u an Angel? ever since he first saw her, he was in love... He loved her, he loved her more then she loved him. Remeber he dreamed about her for years. He was obsessed with her. And then when he had the dream of her dieing, he was obsessed with saving her. She wasn't even worried about it, after he told her. She brushed it off. He built it up in his head, and it became another one of his obessions. and In Anakin's warped thinking, Seeing obiwan up on the ramp, it's like WT*? I just did all this for you and now your here telling me you dont wana be with me, and better yet you brought someone along with you to kill me... (even thou she didn't know obi wan was hiding). Anakin saw it as obi wan turning his wife against him, and making her not love him... hence the anger, hence the choke, if i cant have her, no one will

His obession with her killed her, and killed himself for that matter.

17. Kae-Din

Kae-Din Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2005
    Absolutely he did love her...so much that he was unable to control his dark-side impulses (saving Palpatine, who promised the ability to 'cheat death' and save her). That's the crux of the plot. Too bad Lucas sucks at writing love stories. Still, Episode III was infinitely better in this regard than EpII. Only two scenes really made me cringe...and some of them actually made me sad this time. So I suppose it did the job.

18. Denied_in_Love

Denied_in_Love Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    Yes If its one thing that I truly belive, it is that he really loved her..and it almost became an obsession. He couldnt let her go, live without her. but he is in love, right..! He didnt kill her..or he did in a sort of way, he broke her heart, bu turning evil. She had no desire to live, without him?

19. RangerFett

RangerFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2005
    Yes, he did love Padme and I agree with someone who already pointed out the "Are you an Angel?" line from TPM that hints he was almost instantly attracted to her (even at the young age of 9).

Two things --

Despite some cheesy and groaner dialogue in that balcony scene where Padme is brushing her hair (maybe Clairol was going to put out a Sith Shamppo and Conditioner product at some point), there is a reason for that scene. It is in Padme's line about love blinding Anakin. Oh, if she only knew how close she was to the truth that would turn tragic!

Second, part of me feels like Anakin's love for Padme is to build up his own ego. His comment about her beauty points to a narcisstic love; a sort of "look what I stud I am to have her as mine." Notice how, by the way, he never mentions "the baby." She does, but he's in this adolescent obsession of love that feeds back on his overblown image of himself.

The real tragedy here is that Padme truly loved Anakin, after having fought off misgivings in AOTC. She gave herself to him. She even was willing to let her political life take a back seat to be with him.

So it almost excuses her giving up at the end. Almost.

Still, very sad....

20. nicole414

nicole414 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    are you nuts? of course he loved her. he couldn't live without her.

21. Cousin-Justine

Cousin-Justine Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2004
    Yes he loved her...but then many women end up taking out restraining orders against the men who have the capacity of 'Loving them to death"

22. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    my hubby and i have been married for almost 17 yrs and i hope he never loves me like that.

23. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Notice how, by the way, he never mentions "the baby." She does, but he's in this adolescent obsession of love that feeds back on his overblown image of himself.

"This is the happiest moment of my life."

After the dream -

"You die in childbirth." - Anakin

"What about the baby?" - Padme

"I don't know."
    "Our baby is a blessing." - Anakin

"I came to see if you and the baby are alright."

24. peter0302

peter0302 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2004
    It's debatable whether he actually killed her. She was clearly alive after she collapsed. the doctors couldn't explain why she was dying. I think it was the will of the Force that she die so that Anakin could fulfill his destiny.

25. ChestRockwell

ChestRockwell Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    I dont think he really did love her, she was a hot chick and he wanted power and fame and glory. He actually hope folks would find out he was with her and say wow that skywalker has one hot wife. He was faking about being happy with her pregnant. There goes the figure and tight lil outfits like on AOTC and her rear end was destined to enlarge along with other body parts. Not to mention the fact that she would surley learn to nag more in time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.