main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anybody else Cry?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth-Notorious, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Notorious

Darth-Notorious Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2004
    Yo I starting crying like a little girl around the last fight....which sucks cause Im like the bigest dude on the football team....shhhh dont say a word.

I mean really crying yo....like if somebody close to me died....than when ANIE lit up....OMG....I did that sucky Air, cant breath thingy.......My girl LOL at me.....

did anybody else feel the same way?

2. DeusAnimus313

DeusAnimus313 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2005
    i started tearing up when mace pwned palps...omg i love this movie. i was in tears during the duel, so frickin emotional man, only movie i have ever cried in

3. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I did at the end, during the "Dropping Luke Off" scene. It really got to me. I cried at ROJ, too, so I came full circle.

4. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    When the Jedi were slaughtered and when Luke was named. I just felt so sad that he would never know her and she was going to die in a few seconds.

5. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I almost did after order 66

6. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    I had to fight tears from the moment I saw Windu beeing killed, I was damn close to cry when Anakin burned, but it hit my when Padme named the twins and died after it... :(

7. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    I almost cried when Mundi got gunned down.

8. EmperorCreatine

EmperorCreatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    watered up a couple times.

9. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    I was crying from order 66 onwards...

10. Miaka_Yuki

Miaka_Yuki Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    I shed a tear on the jedi purge seeing Aayla, ki-Adi Plo Koon etc.... Then Yoda feeling somethings happening.

Anakin and Obi-Wan's confrontation esp. when Anakin said Dont make me destroy you Obi-Wan Its already an old line but I dunno. The tears just flowed in my cheeks. I really wept there.

11. Dukhat

Dukhat Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2004
    I felt very sad, almost the same way I did at the end of Return of the Jedi and realized the trilogy was over and Luke had never even gotten to know his father.

But Anakin wasn't quite as likable as Luke so I felt a little mixed too. What Anakin was like as a kid was very sad though; Lucas should've made Anakin do some very compassionate things in the beginning to make him more likable and his fall more emotional.

12. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I almost wanted to cry when the End Credits started rolling.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. neutralsideforce

neutralsideforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    No crying, the movie was funny.

14. Darth_Chaka_Kahn

Darth_Chaka_Kahn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Ah.....no.....I try to save the tears for the real life stuff.....

15. bamwannabe

bamwannabe Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    i was going stong until Yoda says "failed, i have".... that was it for me. i didnt like full on cry, just watered up.

i love that little guy!

16. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Obi-Wan holding Luke did it for me.

But seeing the Jedi die was also notable because it occured to me, "this movie is actually making me feel emotions, neither of the other two did that."

Oh, and the military version of the Force theme at the very beginning ROCKED.

17. -darth_jedi-

-darth_jedi- Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    i was crying so hard throughout the whole movie!!! i brough a tissue box with me and at the end i had tissues all over the ground

18. Darth-Notorious

Darth-Notorious Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2004
    Its sooooooo bad that.....My eyes get waterie now.....I need help....I almost beat up a Treckie today...lol...

19. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Darth Jedi - Did you really cry at all and that much? So much so that you were throwing tissues on the ground?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Teared up when Obi-Wan began with "I failed you."

21. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    No. I was totally sucked in. But, I do see how people could or did.

22. Obi-2_Kenobi

Obi-2_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2004
    I'm a tough-guy, but the tears did well up a couple times- order 66, beginning of THE DUEL, Padme's funeral

23. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    when anakin looks in the younglings faces and ignited his lightsaber i held back tears...when mace finally trusts anakin and he betrays that trust...i held back tears...when anakin's emotional mindstate towards padme gets too overwhelming for him...(bravo lucas for making me feel it too) i held back tears. i also managed to not cry during the whole padme broken heart scene/death march. but obi-wan's emotional battle as well as physical battle with his apprentice brought the tears down...poor obi wan...no one should have to do what he had to do to a brother.

24. JudroBathens

JudroBathens Jedi Master star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    My emotions were running high from basically Mace and his posse confronting Palpy right on to the very end. I got a lump in my throat in a lot of places.

But the bit where a tear actually came to my eye was during the funeral procession, where the camera focuses in on the japor snippet. At that moment it all comes crashing down on me--the sweet, helpful kid who gave a chintzy homemade good-luck charm to a pretty older girl that he had a crush on is the same guy who murdered children and helped usher in an age of tyranny. Wow.

Emotions subside a little as we cut to the Star Destroyer bridge--still very effecting, but not quite to the point of tears.

Then we see Alderaan, and hear Leia's theme underneath the scene of the Organas and their newly-adopted daughter, and the ol' peepers wet up again...

And then we see Tatooine... and Beru's there to take Luke in her arms, but where's Owen? And the camera starts to move off to the right, toward that familiar spot, with that familiar music and OH MY GAWD GEORGE IS GONNA DO IT, ISN'T HE! and there's Owen, standing in JUST THAT PLACE in JUST THAT POSE and Ben wanders off and Beru takes Luke over to Owen and the suns are setting and the music swells and

IRIS OUT.

And I just lose it. Snuffling and wiping the tears away.

Sheer beauty.

The circle, as the man said, is now complete.

25. Master_Boucks

Master_Boucks Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2005
    I teared up and cried when order 66 was empowered , esp when Ki-Adi was shot down, the look on his face was horrible. The scene with Obi-Wan and Yoda walking thru the temple was upsetting also.

However the minute that Padme's ship landed on Mustofar i completely lost control. I only ever cry like that when i've lost a loved one and even then its rare. I was bawling my eyes out like a little baby. Obi-Wan's actions and words were just so full of emotion and hurt that it really hit me. His speech to Anakin at the end would go down as one of if not the greatest scene in Star Wars history.

Lucas nailed this movie in regards to emotion, its perfect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.