main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Did ANYBODY get Dooku?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Jedi_Kit_Fisto, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_duck

jedi_duck Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    On the 5th night of going to my local WMs while they were restocking I got my Dooku!

I saw all the boxes in aisle and a lot of them read the infamous "Collection 1 Wave 3 Ratio 1", but they were already opened! Apparently whoever opened them luckliy wasn't too interested in getting Dooku, I found him in nearly every one of the boxes, and saw a couple extra that werent opened.

I'm so happy, I can relax now, got all 27.

2. bountyhunter2999

bountyhunter2999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Curse you Dooku..........why can't I have you?

3. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I haven't opened him yet.

4. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Congratulations Jedi Duck!!

I was lucky enough to find him 4/23 so I haven't been as desperate....

I wouldn't mind finding a Royal Guard now(I passed him up 4/23).

5. Yoda'sLuvShack

Yoda'sLuvShack Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 28, 1999
    Got two Dookus on the 23rd... TRU here in Champaign, IL had so many that I even gave my second one to someone who couldn't find one and I still ended up with two before I left the store that day. Wal-Mart was the only place open at midnight here, and they ran out really fast. Target's selection sucked royally and K-Mart is just a lost cause. Toys R Us had so many Yodas, HD Anakins, Zam Wesells and Dookus that all the people complaining about it at Wal-Mart were summarily silenced.

Taun We, Royal Guard, and Luminara are also the impossible ones to find around here. Other than those, I had no trouble getting any of the figures. I just had trouble having enough money for them!

6. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    Well I went the bad way of winning a bid for him on E-Bay. Two of them for $30 total cost. I went to all the local stores yesterday again here in NC. Still no Dooku. So I figure I'd just get him like that. Thats how its been for me, at least here in NC, for all rare figures. We never get them...so I am forced to pay a higher price.

7. E CHU TA!

E CHU TA! Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2000
    I got him at Walmart on 4/23. I arrived at 6:30 A.M. and it looked like two had already been sold. When I came back later at 6:00 P.M., they were all gone. I knew he would be a hot item, but I didn't expect him to go that quickly - especially here (Dover, DE).

Has anyone else noticed that his left hand is magnetized?

8. BucMan55

Feb 15, 2002
    [Applies bandage to DinoX's foot]

If DinoX had any patience, he would have found one in a few weeks...

9. ODUFrank

ODUFrank Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2000
    We never get rare figures in VA usually. Never even saw that Sio Bibble wave, and neither did someone I knew who worked at a TRU.

10. BucMan55

Feb 15, 2002
    You do get "rare" figures in VA. Basically, I don't see why you wouldn't. You do have Wal-Mart. And was Sio Bibble a TPM figure???

There seems to be some discrepancy on getting figs at the end of their line. It was similar to the POTF2 Death Star Trooper. He was at the end of the line and not many places had him. Also, many stores didn't get many green Commtech waves becuase POTJ was coming.

Now, if they decide to go to a different line in 6 months to a year, you might have trouble with the later waves. But as long as your Wal-Mart or TRU continue to sell them and replace them with newer waves, they won't clog the shelves and will allow the stores to get more newer waves in.

If they keep replacing Dookus any Yodas that sell with Padmes and OPD Anakins that don't, eventually they'll run out of space and won't sell anything to make new space. Then you might have a problem, but then, it's the stores and Hasbros problem for putting out stagnant product when they should have "fresher" figures available to put out.

11. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Please Dooku stop evading me. I'll give you a good home.

12. Master_of_Darkness

Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Damn Dooku. He really has some good Sith speed. :D I didn't think he was that hard as he is turning out to be. Must be because he's so awesome. :D

13. BucMan55

Feb 15, 2002
    Or because it's easier to buy up three case loads when it only entails 6 figures as opposed to Darth Maul's 12 from TPM.

Hasbro is at fault here....Because of these ridiculous prices on ebay, I fear he may be even harder to get because people won't see an action figure for 6 bucks. They'll see a 20 dollar bill for 6 bucks.

14. sidious75x

sidious75x Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2001
    I have seen everyone but Dooku hanging on a peg. I have become obsessed with finding this figure. I know he will be abundant in like two weeks, but I would love nothing more, than to snatch him from under the nose of a damn scalper. That's where most of them go. It all depends on what case asst. your local store gets. On 4/23 8am, my local KB Toys had like 40 cases in the floor, and didn't even have a JANGO FETT, much less a Dooku. And then my local Toys R Us as of today had like 40 Royal Guards hanging. It's all random, you can't help or predict which stores, have which cases. Also, I am going to predict that the Dooku figure gets a facelift. As of now, it is brown, when it should be black.(remember orange card Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker?)

15. SpyBoy

SpyBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    well my local store has billions of them, matter of fact im going down there now to grab some for trade.

(im in australia thats where they all are, him and yoda and hangar anakin too)

Tell me whats rare and ill tell you what i can lay my mitts on.

16. Jedi_Kit_Fisto

Jedi_Kit_Fisto Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    I think thats all thats rare.
    Im not sure.

17. BucMan55

Feb 15, 2002
    Does anyone know exactly how many of each figure Hasbro made??????

Because I can guarantee that they didn't make any less of Dooku than they did of Anakin OPD.

People don't see him as Count Dooku for $6, they see him as a 20 dollar bill(or two) for $6.

18. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I got him on 3/24 and still have yet to see any of the HTF's luminara taunwe royal gaurd

19. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    I just found Dooku, Yoda, and HD Anakin today at a local Walmart. I've been searching everywhere for these three. I still haven't found a royal guard yet.

20. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I got a Dooku. Nanananabooboo. 8-}

But I didn't get the Clone alien long necked lady thing. I think her name or its name was Tawn Ke. :_|

21. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
  22. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Tonight, I finally got the Count Dooku figure I have been looking for since 4/23. A good buddy of mine found 3 of them at the most unlikely of places:

Walgreens

He bought all 3, 1 for me, 1 for him, and 1 for his girlfriend. I finally have the 9 of the first wave that I want, now I impatiently await:

*Jango Fett (Final Duel)
    *Mace Windu (Genosian Rescue)
    *Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine Attack)

23. Jedi_Kit_Fisto

Jedi_Kit_Fisto Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    What does the Anakin Skywalker(Tattooine Attack)
    look like?

24. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Here is the pic, J_K_F. It is missing the lightsaber, though:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000063CVB.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

25. jlprime

jlprime Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Just thought I'd give fellow collectors a heads up...
    Amazon now has Dooku in stock at $8.99
    Get 'em before the scalpers!

EDIT: Scratch that, looks like he sold out right before I posted this. Oh well, keep checking back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.