main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did ANYBODY get Dooku?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Jedi_Kit_Fisto, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fettz

Fettz Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Weeewhoo! I finally got one! Eh...but IMO this figure is not too great.

2. Master_of_Darkness

Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Stop with the bababobushka, the figure's awesome. Bow down before it! [face_devil]

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Great.....on the card.... ;)

BTW, I agree with Fettz.....

4. IG_69

IG_69 Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 1998
    Man, I haven't posted here since right before TPM premiered....

but you KNEW I had to come here first! :D

I nabbed a Dooku on 4/23.
    Not at Midnight Madness mind you, but at a TRU which did not participate in MM th' following morning. I was one of two guys who got th' only two they had.

Since then, I've popped mine open and I dig it. I would've preferred attachable Force Lightning to th' green saber which makes no sense at all as a pack-in.

Then again...I'm sure Ct. Dooku [or Darth Tyranus] w/ Force Lightning will be th' next Dooku variant 'eh? :)

5. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    Patience, young padawans... these figures will be warming pegs in a matter of weeks. AFter the initial hoarding instinct is over, and the crazy scalpers have blown all their cash gobbling Dooku, Yoda, Royal Guards and Luminara Unduli up from all local stores, the stores will restock, and there will be plenty of figures.

All figures are already languishing in great numbers at my local TRU. It's pick and choose amongst all the characters.

6. nwhysee

nwhysee Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    I got Dooku yesterday at KB toys with no problem. But by far my Jango is still my fave.

7. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    The one thing I hate about Dooku: His CAPE. It falls off too easiyl. They should have made a circular hole in it to go around his neck instead of cutting that part off. :(

8. Master_of_Darkness

Feb 15, 2002
    He's great loose too.... :D You guys just don't know true beauty :p . I might change my mind when I get a FB Jango, which I want really badly!

9. MattiSkywalker

MattiSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    My Walmart is already getting more figs. out. I saw Lumaria and Royal Guard today as well as Gui-gon and Rebel Endor. I picked up a Genosian Warrior and Massif. Cool details, hard to stand up.

10. Darth_Fenop

Darth_Fenop Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    They had hella Dookie at Walmart yesterday. It's actually not a very good figure, this Will become a peg warmer same as Darth Maul.

It was the first time Id seen him and the first time I'd seen Yoda (they only had one) and the Royal Gaurd and Anakin hanger duel and the blue alien.

11. Gen_Jaycen_Kenobi

Gen_Jaycen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2000
    I HAVE TWO!!!!!!!!!!

If anybody needs one PM me and we'll talk.
    I picked up an extra one just in case, I did the same with the Anakin Hagar Duel.
    Probably should sell them together - since they are special figures in a relevant scene.

Let me know.

12. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Why the bloody are there a zillion battle droids and super battle droids and random council members but hardly ANY (or none) main characters and no clones (this is "Attack of the CLONES", right?)?

Doesn't sense..

13. checkeredman

checkeredman Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2002
    I had NO problem finding DOOKU. I got one in Cadillac, MI at the WM. I also work at the TRU in Kalamazoo, MI and we have a reasonable amount of them as well. Calm down people! Don't let the Scalpers get to you!

14. Bumfork

Bumfork Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    I've travelled many a mile and only found one Dooku. I even went to *gasp* Mississippi. Nothing. People are really geeking out over this character.

15. khbyrne_2

khbyrne_2 Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2002
    hello there....you dont know me because i am new to this but anyway.........yes i did get Dooku..the guy at TRU actually went to the back and opened a small box and pulled him and Yoda out. I went to one store and ended up with Dooku, Yoda, Imperial Guard, Luminara Unduli (he said it was hard to come by) Anakin with detachable arm and Tuan We....i havent seen much of her. I got all these in one store in about 30 minutes. It was great.

16. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I got the collector case of the first 14 figs at MM and then spent all this time tracking down the next 13. So I finally do trading and such to get em and finally am down to 2. My buddy bought the case the same night, needed 13 as well but he hadn't looked. So he goes out with me today and I take him to TRU to get easy ones like Saesee Tin and Nikto, Jar Jar, etc. And there were about 20 Dooku's, Luminaras, Royal Guards, Taun We, but only 2 yoda's?? hmm.. Anyway, he ended up walking away with the next 13 figures in one freakin day. I just got the ones I needed and one for a buddy of mine, as well as Bespin Luke, I saw it before he did, and he didn't know wtf it was so I had to have it lol I haven't seen Dooku anywhere else though

17. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    woohoo, just found one today at Target.

18. Darth-Dooku

Darth-Dooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    My local WM in Norman, OK always has the same figures (Kit Fisto, Super Battle Droid, Padme, and Outlander Anakin) so when I went to Tulsa with my brothers to see AOTC for midnight showing we stopped by the WM in Claremore (where I have never looked for any figure) afterwards, and they had Geonossian Warrior HD Anakin, DOOKU, Geonosian w/ "Dog", and Dexter. I almost cried...

STILL NO YODA!!!!!!!!

19. Race_Novastar

Race_Novastar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    I got a dooku yesterday. The card was all ripped up but all his acesories were there and acounted for. He is one of the coolest figures ever.The part I like best is the little magnet in his other hand. I think they should put that on all figures so the weapons stay in their hands.

20. Jedi_Kit_Fisto

Jedi_Kit_Fisto Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    Actually R_N, they do put the magnet in most
    of the other jedi's hands.Thats why most of the lightsabers are metal, so you can hold the lightsaber in front of their hand and it looks like their using the force to grab the lightsaber :D

21. lilcris

lilcris Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    I feel really bad because I had one in my hand and didnt get it. I only had enough money to get one fig at wal-mart, and it was Dooku or bespin Vader. Their was only one Vader but tons of Dooku this was at 4.30am so I got Vader. At 7.00am I got some more cash went back they were all gone and it was like 15 Dooku there so it had to be a scalper. Havent seen him since.

22. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    While it took a miracle finding at Walgreen's for me to score my Count Dooku the first week of the "Saga" line's release, I'm finding it increasingly available each and every day. While at TRU on Friday night, there were about 3 of Count Dooku on the pegs, as well as 2 Yodas, 4 Hangar Duel Anakins, and about 3 Clone Troopers. Then, while at Target yesterday, I noticed a plethora of Clone Troopers (about 8, to be exact), 3 Yodas, and 5 Count Dookus. Just like BucMan said, these things are becoming increasingly easier to find over time, we just have to be PATIENT. There is no need to overpay on Ebay.

23. Master_of_Darkness

Feb 15, 2002
    I saw a Dooku today, four in fact when I went to get some things over at Wal-Mart. And.. what did I find... a Bespin Vader and Bespin Luke! :D Vader's pretty cool, didn't get Luke. Still don't have damn FB Jango.

24. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    I got Yoda, last one, and Dooku, they had three, am sssoooooo happy they're both GREAT :D

25. mjskywalk

mjskywalk Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2001
    I finally got Dooku today. It was the only one I have ever seen and I have looked through tons of peg warmers. The only ones I am really waiting for now are Yoda and Bespin Luke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.