main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Dooku Think He Was the Sith’ari?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Kato Sai, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Dooku's conversation when Obi-Wan in Episode II has been described as merely a ruse, but I am not so sure.

Here is the conversation:

Count Dooku: What if I told you that the Republic was now under the control of a dark lord of the Sith?
    Obi-Wan: No, that's not possible. The Jedi would sense it.
    Count Dooku: The Dark Side has clouded their vision. Hundreds of senators are now under the influence of a Sith lord called Darth Sidious.
    Obi-Wan: I don't believe you.
    Count Dooku: You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!
    Obi-Wan: I will never join you.

There is a prophecy among the Sith that fortells a messiah:,

The Sith'ari will be free of limits.
    The Sith'ari will lead the Sith and destroy them.
    The Sith'ari will raise the Sith from death and make them stronger than before.“ (Book of Sith, and Sith’ari Wookieepedia)

When Dooku Said “together we will destroy the Sith!” I see that line of prophecy, “The Sith’ari will lead the Sith and destroy them.” This makes me curious if this is what Dooku was offering Obi-Wan. We know Dooku was disillusioned with the Jedi and had no intent in returning to the Order or founding a new one. Dooku is devoted to the Sith teachings, and woykd likely have been aware of the Sith’ari prophecy.

Was Dooku seeking to make the prophecy come true? Or was it just a ruse as many have suspected, including Obi-Wan?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    It's the same thing that Maul tells Ahsoka and then Ezra. It's just a simple way to deceive a Jedi who wants to destroy the Sith.

Kato Sai likes this.
  3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I personally feel he was just trying to deceive Obi-Wan into joining him.

But IIRC, wasn't this concept covered in the Darth Bane novels? This is an interesting concept, and I'd love to see something like that fleshed out in some Old Republic film or other.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Do you think Dooku was grooming Obi-Wan to be his apprentice, just as Palpatine waa grooming Anakin? Perhaps Dooku was aware Palpatine was seeking an apprenrice

5. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Is Sith’ari canon?

I think Dooku really wanted Obi Wan as his Padawan and possibly kill Sidious and take over as a Sith and was only invoking destroying the Sith to deceive and tempt Obi Wan. Even in episode 3, Dooku seems reluctant to kill Obi Wan and I’m pretty sure Sidious wanted Obi Wan dead in that duel to drive Anakin to the dark side but Dooku couldn’t do it. Dooku seemed very similar to Obi Wan in terms of mannerisms and proper dialect and high culture and he was basically his grandson being he trained his master. There was some good in Dooku.

However I do think Sidious wanted Dooku to reveal the truth about Sidious controlling the senate to create the rift between the Jedi and the senate that we see come to fruition in ROTS.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    whostheBossk likes this.
  6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Well the Prophecy of Sith’ari is in The Book of Sith which alao has Transferring one’s consciousness to another body, which The Rise of Skywalker confirmed via Palpatine. Force Storm is also in the Book of Sith and was featured in TROS as well. So I think its safe to say its canon.

7. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    It's not canon unless it's mentioned in canon material. One or two elements from a Legends book being incorporated into canon doesn't make the whole book canon.
    That said, Sith'ari might become canon one day - and it's entirely possible that Dooku, like others before him, believed that he was the/a Sith'ari.

8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Well the Book of Sith is canon to me. And much if it has become canon and is canon.

9. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    That's fine, but it still doesn't make the book officially canon.

10. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    question: why would a sith rise to destroy the sith according to their prophecy? I mean its Darth Vader if anything, but what is the context of why the sith would think a sith would destroy them?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I interpret as meaning destroy the way the Sith are, that he shall reform them. Granted I do believe the Sith’ari will also literally destroy the Sith and raise from the dead.

12. The Sithari

The Sithari Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2020
    Dooku was too frail to be one of my hosts.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    He did offer Obi-Wan to destroy the Sith.

14. The Sithari

The Sithari Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2020
    Deleted.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  15. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    In the old EU IIRC, his plan was to be with Palpatine, and a new order of Imperial enforcers(converted Jedi). I don't think Dooku ever saw himself overthrowing Palpatine. Or even say learning essence transfer.