main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Grievous play a role in the building of the Death Star?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by starwarsagent, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I think he did. I think he may have overseen and helped dooku build the Death Star, perhaps with his ideas and some designs. If you think about it, most of his technology and advances resemble the death star. I think he may have been the brains behind it after Dooku had the plans delivered to sidious. grievous had to know it was being built because he had a huge fleet that was also being used during the clone wars. Grievous was the mastermind of the clone wars and he was looking for the perfect weapon, at one time he was on geonosis and some speculate that he came up with the idea for it and passed it on to the geonosians. Sidious used GG to build the death star and his resources, but not only him, he also used many of the nemodians parts and money from the trade to fund the construction. the death star wars a secret project of course, but I do believe that GG knew about it and helped build it.

discuss.

SWA.

2. Darth-Trepidor

Darth-Trepidor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 10, 2005
    He probably KNEW of it since he was close enough to Poggle the Lesser, but I doubt he had anything MORE to do with it... he knew it was something Lord Sidious was planning after the war.

3. Sidious_T

Sidious_T Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Yeah, they melted down his body for parts to build it. He is one of the toilets in the enlisted men's head......Perfect ending for him..................:D

4. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004

[face_plain]

SWA

5. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    I don?t think they even let him know about the Death Star. There was really no reason to seeing that Palpatine would've killed Grievous anyway.

6. ZombieProblems

ZombieProblems Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2004
    it's true. the ghost of Alec Guiness came to me in a dream and told me it was true. he then told me to
    go to the Dayglobah system where i could learn from Yoda, the jedi master who... wait, no, Liam Neeson
    was the jedi who instructed him... man, i'm confused.

ROTS was great. i'd love to see a full length cartoon about Grievous' comic misadventures.

7. obiwannabeer

obiwannabeer Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2004
    don't you see grevous in the clone wars cartoons?
    [face_worried]

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Grievous was supposedly on Geonosis during AotC, but that's not proof he knew of the Death Star. My feeling is that Grievous was in the dark just like everyone else. Whay would he need to know about it? For what purpose and to what end? It was a vulnerability.

9. Darth-Trepidor

May 10, 2005
    Like I said, he was in CHARGE of PROTECTION of the Separatists, including Poggle-the-Lesser. I'm SURE he may have known, but what did he CARE? It didn't really pertain to anything just yet. Maybe he just blew it off like "Yeah A giant ball, RIGHT!"

10. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Grievous was a means to an end and clearly expendable as demonstrated in RotS. Given that, you don't give information of the level of sensitivity to someone you know you're going to kill.

11. Darth-Trepidor

May 10, 2005
    What makes you think the Separatists didn't TALK about it amongst eachother? Poggle-the-Lesser and Dooku threw caution to the wind on Geonosis. Every droid and Neimoidian in the AREA must have SEEN/HEARD them!
    I SUPPOSE it doesn't really matter ANYWAY! So WHAT if Grievous DID have anything to do with it.
    He was ON Geonosis, maybe he DESIGNED it and SOLD it to Dooku for the Geonosians to build and WHILE he was there asked for a job!

General Grievous: $50,000 no less...
    Count Dooku: I'll give you $5.00, take it or leave it!
    General Grievous: YOU SON-OF-A... sure, can I have a job too?
    Count Dooku: I have an opening for a security guard.
    General Grievous: I'll TAKE it! (to himself) I STILL got it! ;)

12. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    If dooku or Sidious caught wind of the Death Star out of the lips of anyone but them and Poggle, it was instantly Poggle's life and waste laid to Geonosis.

13. Darth-Trepidor

May 10, 2005
    Okay, so they didn't TALK about it, but KNEW! I don't talk about the JFK assassination, but I know, woops, said too much... edit that last part.

14. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I agree, just like the Kaminoans knew of the secret army for the Republic. But death was the penalty for spilling the beans and so was being left out of trade and shipping with the Republic.

15. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    As I said in another thread ... if someone knows too much, they'll suddenly die from "suicide".

;)

16. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Much like Sifo-Dyas was 'killed' as a test of loyalty and because of what he knew.

17. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    Grievous was a tool, he was a weapon. there is nothing that supports him having that sort of information. and if he did ,he likely had no participation in it.Palpatine already had the plans before Grievous even came along. (and EU does not count) by this logic ,this is like saying that Jango also had something to do with it as well , because he was on Geonosis with Dooku in EPII.

18. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    The Geonosians designed the Death Star. Grievous, as Duggy pointed out, was put together by the Geonosians as a tool for Sidious - a leader for the Seperatist Armies - nothing more.

19. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Maybe Grievous was able to transfer his "essence" into the Death Star superstructure just before his death. It would be a wonderful mirror to the stimulating EU story about how IG-88 became the Second Death Star and bring the saga that much closer together. [face_plain]

20. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Jedi_AnakinSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2005
    no i don't think he did it was the Geonosians's it was their plans and papls basically stole them. maybe after in was allied with them he knew about it. but he had no part in the making or design of it

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I doubt Grievous cared about the Death Star, if he knew about it. Nor was he involved. The Geonosians are expert weapon designers. I doubt he saw a need to get involved in the creation of a superlaser.

22. casbairosai

casbairosai Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2005
    [face_laugh] lmao nice but if he did have a roll it was probably very little since obi fried his ass

23. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Hmmm, lets see here.

Both have a ridiculous weakness when it's actually time for battle? Check.

Both were first presented as huge threats early on, only to prove not so much of a threat at all later in the film? Check.

I see your point here. You make a good argument.

24. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    Hmmm, lets see here.

Both have a ridiculous weakness when it's actually time for battle? Check.

[face_laugh] you make a good, yet funny point.

25. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    He was used for heavy lifting :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.