main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Did I miss much??

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedichic07, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I had too much to do Sunday to make it to the meeting... what'd I miss???/

2. Qui-Gonn_Jeff

Qui-Gonn_Jeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Good company and surprisingly good food. Shoney's had improved since I was there last.
    New member TK1128 brought a pair of authentic Jango Fett movie prop pistols. A most impressive jewel in the crown of any SW collector. Scruff brought some awesome photos of Dragon Con.
    Obi-Wyatt brought his newly aquired 12" Sandtrooper.
    AotC on IMAX, possible time spans for EP3, the hopeful demise of Jar Jar Binks, and character relations from prequels to OT were all discussed.
    All in all, you shoulda been there.

3. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey we missed ya, Shannon!

Not a huge turnout this time--there were [I think] 10 of us there altogether. A lot of people had to work and had last minute stuff come up and just couldn't make it this time. We welcomed new members Glenn and Chris and welcomed the return of Napoleon and Chris Chapman. Great conversation as always, and a pretty darn good place to meet, in my opinion (what did everybody else think?). We had several cool SW photo albums to look through--lots of pics from Celebration, DragonCon, and beyond. I passed out some invitations and maps to the Halloween Party as well. I'll have more info posted here very soon.

Hope to see everybody on the 26th!

4. Qui-Gonn_Jeff

Mar 15, 2002
    I had a great time. The company and food was excellent. That Shoney's has really come along way. I would even go as far as suggest it for return meeting place.
    I also hope that after seeing Scruff's photo's of Dragon Con, that we start planning a group trip for next year.

5. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Thanks guys, sorry I was not there......
    does anyone know the best price on the pre-sell of the DVD of EP2? I want that monkey in my hands day one!!! I may even resort to a Wal mart trip for the best price... sorry Jeff... I got Scorpion King for 14.95 at kmart this week though... not bad!!!

6. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I've found that Target seems to usually have the best prices on newly released DVDs. They beat Wal-mart on a consistant basis.

FYI, the Wal-mart in Cool Springs just started locking up their DVDs in glass cases. This means that in order to purchase a DVD, you have to find someone who works at Wal-mart to unlock the case. This wouldn't be a bad idea IF THERE WAS EVER ANYONE AROUND! Since there usually isn't, I would expect DVD sales to start dropping just because of Wal-marts new found way in frustrating their customers. Although, since new DVDs usually have their own floor displays they probably won't get locked up until they are no longer considered "New Releases". Wal-mart has gotten so lame that I avoid going there anymore if I can. Like most people I just want to get in and get out, which is darn near impossible there even if you go at odd hours. I just find it ironic that they pick the oldest & slowest cashiers to operate the "Fast lanes" Seems like a contradiction in terms. Sorry to rant about them, but I just hate to see them get any business from good hardworking folks like us when they couldn't care less, but unfortunately it's rare to find any big "corporate" chains that do. LOL! :)

7. Qui-Gonn_Jeff

Mar 15, 2002
    Wal-Mart is, in itself, an EVIL EMPIRE. I've been saying this from the start. They move in, drop their prices to rock bottom, snuff out the surrounding businesses, then slowly bring the prices back up even with the chip on their shoulder.
    The hired help they have to work the floor and cash registers (mutants, geeks and trolls) are usually hiding in the back, on break, or just non-existant. Come on, 40 check-out lanes and only 4 are open to move 100 people thru. And what about those goons that keep draggin' stock out from the back all day and all night. I'm yet to go into a Wal-Mart at any time of day that the shopping area doesn't look like a warehouse on the shopping floor. They just don't care, they know they got ya. Another retail rapist is K-Mart, but that's another story for another time.

8. Wampa_Stompa

Wampa_Stompa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    About the Episode II DVD, go to www.bargainflix.com. It's a site that gives you the prices of a bunch of different DVD sites with shipping included and tells you who's the cheapest. Also, they have a database of coupons you can use. Currently, DeepDiscountDVD.com is the cheapest. Also, they like to send the pre-sell movies out a few days BEFORE release ::hint, hint::, so if you want it BEFORE the 16th, I'd get it from them. They don't always do that, but most of the time they do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.