main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Did the show just end? (Narrator: It didn't.)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 18, 2020.

?

Is the show over?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. No

78 vote(s)
    89.7%
  1. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    I'm not interested in this. Not really. It's bad enough Thrawn is being thrown into mix. I might as well say it. I didn't like how this season ended. It felt premature . . . unless this was Disney's plan all along. And if it was . . . o_O

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    https://lrmonline.com/news/will-the...-lrm-exclusive-and-free-talk-friday-spoilers/

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    She really doesn’t need to be

Jaxxon- and Sarge like this.
  4. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Not as long as he has that Darksaber.

What we were told during the season is that it would become “Like Game of Thrones,” and I think we see that now. Boba will have a lawless faction on Tatooine, Bo Katan will have Mandalore loyalists, and Din will have the actual Darksaber and the authority that comes with it (which he doesn’t even want). There will probably be other Mandalorian clans vying for restoring Mandalore, as well.

There is a direction, but it is going to be a much different show in Season 3. They did “Lone Wolf and Cub” and are now transitioning into something else.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well given that Season 2 was written BEFORE season 1 aired.

6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Gideon was BSing. Sabine just gave Bo the darksaber, no fighting involved.

7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Has that been confirmed?

8. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    No, the show didn’t end

The end credits introduced another show, completely different from this one. It’s specifically put in the end credits to separate it from the main show, if they had wanted it to be a part of The Mandalorian they wouldn’t have put it in the end credits. By putting it in the end credits it serves two purposes, one it teases a new show, second it distinguishes it from the story of The Mandalorian

The last thing we see in the Mandalorian, the show before the credits, is Din Djarin promising Baby Yoda they will see each other again, on top of that there’s Din Djarin having the dark saber, and all the other Mandalorian stuffs. There’s plenty for the show to continue and to explore, while Din and Baby Yoda are separated. And maybe they reunite after Baby Yoda completes his training.

9. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I just hope Din promising Grogu "I will see you again" isn't a "Ned tells Jon the next time they meet they'll talk about his mother" moment.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Boba Fett show is coming next. fairly simple.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Bo agrees with Gideon though

12. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I guess what we've been watching is Chapters 1-16 of The Book of Din Djarin?

The Boba thing looks neat for sure, and I think crime boss Boba is a very fun concept, but I hope it isn't coming at the expense of a proper The Mandalorian season three. I don't want to see Din's story sit on a shelf while Boba's plays out.

nilzo antonio likes this.
  13. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Also a point made duringthe season, specially in chapter 15, is that rules are not set in stone. If Djin could take off his helmet and live with it, why couldn't Boka-Tan accept the dark saber Djin is giving her ? Personaly Djin, the bounty hunter is what i signed for, not some bizarr Mandalorian behind the scene politics!

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well that’s what your most likely getting

15. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    What's bothersome is that LucasFilm simply don't say anything at all about this. Maybe they're afraid when people realize Grogu is gone they cancel their subscriptions to Disney+.

16. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    What is there to say? They've already confirmed there will be another season.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This some people just wonder if they were telling the truth or not

18. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I cancel my subscription after each season ends and rejoin when there is new content. I'm sure I'm not alone there.

The Book of Boba Fett will be a separate show. There is still a lot of runway for the Mandalorian story to play out.

RetropME likes this.
  19. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    scatter-shooting:

• Maybe BOBF is only a 3-part mini-series Dec 4, 11, 18 that leads into The Mandalorian season 3 on Dec 25th.
    • I wonder if they try to turn Bo-Katan and Din into a romantic pair. I'm not a shipper type, but they're an age appropriate pair and it'd be a non-competitive way for her to be the Empress. ...and a good happy ending for both if they take Mandalore together. Grogu could also end up with them on Mandalore after some training with Luke.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Less than a million people judging by the numbers they report

21. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    Nobody knows what you're talking about. This has been deleted from the collective memory.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just straight up don’t know what it’s from lol

23. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Is his mother named Martha?

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    WHY DID YOU POST THAT NAME?!?!?

25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004