main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Vader forget to deactivate the Droid Army?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by ObiJuanQuito, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChewieHadBotox

ChewieHadBotox Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2005
    It's not so much that we didn't see them deactivated as it is the fact that he never sent the message. He runs out to see Padme the second he hangs up with Palpster.

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    How much time do you think elapsed there? Apparently it wasn't instantaneous. Just like there was a time gap between Vader's completion, the funeral, etc...

3. DarkerDonnieDarko

DarkerDonnieDarko Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2005
    Is hadbotox chewies last name? But yeah...my dad saids the same thing...he did not call the droids because he leave right after he say he would.

4. ChewieHadBotox

ChewieHadBotox Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2005
    He hangs up with Siddy and then sees Padme's ship onscreen and rushes out to see her. i doubt he stopped to process a batch email before he went to see why his wife showed up, that's all.

5. Mr_Pocket

Mr_Pocket Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    not to mention in Star Wars Battlefront II the droid army is still functioning, how is that explained!

6. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    The videogames aren't canon.

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The only validility the games have is that certain story elements make their way into the eu and are loosely based on the films. Anakin did not have a massive duel with Mace Windu, yet that's in the ROTS video game. Luke fought swamp creatures in TESB for the NES and SNES, but that never happened in the film. Ki-Adi-Mundi, Plo Koon and Adi Gallia did not fight during the Battle Of Naboo as Jedi Power Battles implies. Stuff like that is not canon.

8. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Fighting swamp creature on Degobah on the SNES! That's a good idea, I need to find my SNES and make that happen.

9. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Wait a minute! Are you telling me that Luke did not keep flying back and forth in his snowspeeder shooting the imperial walkers until they changed colors and exploded? I need to go back and re-watch Empire.

[image=http://www.darth-sonic.de/games/pic/41/1.jpg]

10. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Not everything needs to happen onscreen.

11. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Roland, I have a new background now. Thanks!

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Dash Rendar fighting with Rogue Squadron on Hoth, I can buy that. I can buy Yoda fighting with the Clonetroopers and the Wookiees on Kashyyyk. I can buy the Battle Of Geonosis levels from "Clone Wars". That other stuff, no. Not when it's unsupported in the other media based on the films.

In the novelization, the Droid Army is shut down. It's made clear. The sequence is not shown exactly as it is in the film, but it's done. The film has Palpatine telling him to shut it down, so he did. Anything else was ILM trying to enhance the background.

13. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Just take Anakin's word that he shut them down.

14. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    i can see it now...

Palpatine: Lord Vader.

Vader: yes my master?

Palpatine: did you Deactivate the Droid Army like i told you to a few days ago?

Vader: well, you see, i kinda got caught up..

Palpatine: you mean you didn't send the coded message to The Federation Warships like i told you to?

Just then, an Officer frantically runs up to them.

Palpatine: What is it?

Officer: Lord Palpatine, scanners indicate a Large Concentration of Federation Warships coming towards Coruscant. They indicate that this invasion force is Larger than the one that attacked a Few weeks ago.

As Palpatine looks out the window, he sees Thousands of Droid Starfighters Swoop down from the Skyline like Flies, blasting everything in sight.

Vader: oops?

15. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005

[face_laugh] thats great!

16. DarthDubya05

DarthDubya05 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2005
    i just thought of something. Palpatine only told Anakin to send a Message to the Federation Ships. he didn't say anything about the Banking Clan Droids or Frigates, or the Corporate Alliance Droids and Starships, and the Commerce Guilds and their Ships and Spider Droids. Plothole!

17. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Well when Sidious landed, I'm sure he sent a crew into the bunker to see if the job was done, if not himself personally. I'm just surprised that the Emperor only took a transport ship and two fighters with him to a hostile separatist world like Mustafar. He must have been pretty confident the Mustafarians could be easily dealt with.

18. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    It's also mentioned in Dark Lord, the James Luceno novel. There are several sets of deactivated droids left scattered throughout the galaxy as a result of Vader's message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.