main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Did Yoda hint he learned the mistake the Jedi made in ROTS?.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Qui-Gon Gin, Jun 15, 2018.

1. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Fair enough. :)

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is such a challenging notion for me to wrap my mind around in terms of there being problems with "THE JEDITM" in the PT era. There are obvious flaws in Mace Windu, the Jedi and Ki Adi Mundi, the Jedi and Jocasta Nu, the Jedi. But, THE JEDI, as a practice, still consisted of individual members such as Qui Gon Jinn. It isn't as though we were ever explicitly told that there had been fundamental changes in the philosophy... aside from their shift to being enlisted into a war at the very, very end of their existence. That specific group of Jedi were taken for a ride by Sidious due to a lot of their own atrophy and complacency but, at its core, the Jedi Order was still the same one that got the job done for countless generations.

I completely get that the Jedi of the Clone War era had a lot of self-induced problems but that is not quite the same as finding faults in THE JEDI as a religious practice that kept the Republic in harmony for millennia before the corruption of the people they served escalated to exploitable levels.

3. Darth Geezy

Darth Geezy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    The line "A Prophecy misread, could have been" should have been further explored.