main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did you Know... Tibits about your fic!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by KrystalBlaze, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    My pre-writing, episode planning and replanning, and bits of random scenes for In the Shadow of the Chosen are kept in this brown spiral notebook with fuzzy monkeys on the cover.

Bet no one would ever picture that ;)

-sj loves kevin spacey

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    To date, I have 3 original songs written in fics, but none of them are songfics:

1) When Morning Comes (in The Other Half trilogy and All the Wrong Places)
    2) Sweet Lady of Alderaan (in Message to My Daughter)
    3) Moment of Reason (in You Take Romance)

In Always a Bridesmaid, all of the pick-up lines in the bachelorette party drinking game were knockoffs of ones that my freshman roommate used to use.

In A Knight on the Town, Obi-Wan's hangover remedy is based on a Mexican home remedy that everyone, even those who have never had a hangover in their life, knows about.

In Out of the Depths, Ana, Li, Yrin, and upcoming OCs are all from different fics. Ana and Yrin are from the first Jedi story I ever wrote--Though Deepening Trials.

I wrote a post for the invasion and destruction of the Jedi Temple for All the Wrong Places in 2001, but as I was about to post it, someone knocked on the door and told me that the Twin Towers had been destroyed. Since I'd just had the Temple collapse in much the same fashion, despite having planned this since a fic three years before, I postponed the post for 3 days, then posted it with a very strong warning. Two of my readers had been in the military or knew people and had friends in the Pentagon.

3. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    My OC Jesina was created solely to be a love interest for Janson because I couldn't find anyone to pair him with (I now like Wes/Inyri) and to be a source of tension between Wes and Tycho in "A New Path" but she kinda took on a life of her own.

Jes

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Let's see . . . In Trickster Twins, Natasha was supposed to die. In Just Yesterday, there was originally no Malisia, and Miza and Cherith hadn't had Sara. Obviously Family Ties was supposed to be a LOT different--the only thing that was the same was the beginning and the Celeste/Zekk romance.

5. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    On my fanfic, the original title was going to be "Final Choice for Love". But it never sat very well with me. Then I got to thinking about what I was writing, and came up with "Love's Final Redemption", which I like a LOT more. Funny how things work, huh?

6. DarkDroid

DarkDroid Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    In my far future epic, Chronicles of the Far Future, I kill off the entire Gungan race. There is only one survivor, who is appropriately given the name and title, Goo-Goo Tang the Last Gungan.

7. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

In my story What's a Girl to Do?, the original title was "Her Father's Daughter." Originally there was no Ryker Tamblin (god am i happy i created him now though), But Anja Gallrandro was supposed to be in the story as the love interest for Ganner.

8. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Darth Dad would have to have been the easiest story I wrote. I merely had it in my mind what I wanted to do and wrote it down.

It was also the most fun, normally when I get to the middle I'm frustrated but it was a laugh to write and to read

9. Moff_Yittreas

Moff_Yittreas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2004
    Chapter 3 of my fic was a bit too direct on some points, so I had to blunt my words a little.:p

10. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Reflections didn't originally begin with Qui-Gon scrubbing the Council chamber -- that was a last minute addition. Originally we had started the story with Dooku coming back from his work with Yoda :D

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    In "Between the Lines," the latest post, there's a scene with Obi-Wan taking a shower in a place where you have to hand-crank the cold water and it keeps running out, so he has to run around and crank it again in his towel. This is actually a true story...well, not Obi-Wan being part of it, but I had a shower exactly like that in my third apartment in Palmdale, CA. I told Ophelia about it and she suggested I use it somewhere in a fic because no one would believe it's true.

12. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    In my fic Future Incursion, I originally had the Noghri Jedi Keedarkh suriving for a while longer. But, someone needed to get killed by the multi-phasics, so...death.

There's a heap of other stuff I've changed in my fic, but I'd give half the fic away if I posted them.

13. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    In Drive You Mild, originally in the beginning Mara wasn't talking to Adi, her master, but an old male friend who was interested in her. I decided a love triangle wasn't what I was going for, so I gave Adi all his lines. :p (Gabri had to catch a few of my pronoun gender issues, as well.) That was the most major editing I did for that fic.

DYM was only supposed to be 30 pages long. :p It was!! :p I had originally planned for a violent kiss scene, but decided that wouldn't fit with Luke's character, given his background. I wrote a tiny two paragraph epilogue, then cut it because it wasn't going where I wanted. I also did consider having the Council find out about L/M's little affair during the story, then decided that would complicate things beyond all belief and the main point of the story would be lost in the process.

I also seriously considered never actually posting the story at all. [face_mischief]

14. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    For my story "Nameless by Ice," the narrator is this kid who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and ended up in Iceheart's Lusankya prison; the whole idea of the story was to explore what happened to those prisoners between Krytos Trap and Isard's Revenge, and that was supposed to be the focus. But I couldn't come up with a name I liked for the character (didn't need it for the first few pages I wrote), so I said - hey, why not? and set it up so that Iceheart had stolen his name along with his future. That ended up becoming the major theme of the whole story.

Funny how that works. ;)

15. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    In my original drafts of The Ancient Enigma, Ariss Montex died about half-way through the story. Bann Roiut was the name of an alien assassin, not a Jedi Knight. And the character of Kressi Renn was entirely fabricated on an impulse last-minute edit.

The opening of The Fallen Shroud was originally made for a Grievous vignette I had written called The Warrior's Glory. I had an idea of a Clone Wars story floating about in my mind, so I used that as the opening chapter. I took the title and used it for my second Jedi Betrayal story. :)

16. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    In my story The Rising Tempest, originally it was Obi-Wan who was going to kill Garen, not Bruck. Also in the original version, Anakin found Padme on Naboo and Drengin did not exist.

17. DarthGaul

DarthGaul Jedi Master star 3

May 25, 2004
    My Trilogy of The Jedi Wars was originally concieved as a TV series. Probably well before ol' GL thought that would be a keen thing to do...although don't quote me on that.

The TV series I had in mind wasn't going to be about an inner struggle in the Jedi Order. But rather just a story of the Pre-TPM, it was going to be about the daily events of several Jedi including the Padawan Yoda.

I could see it in my mind as a great epic drama that would go on for several seasons. (A wishful dream to say the least.)

Episode I - Struggle of the Sith was pretty much how I envisioned the story. No real changes other then the fact that Kelborne (the bounty hunter) having a longer bit in the story then he should have.

Episdoe II - Battle For The Jedi Order is again going as I had originally planned. Except for having Jabba The Hutt in the story. He wasn't going to be in there...but I just love Jabba too much to leave him out. There's still more to do as continue to write it.

Episode III - Fate Of The Force isn't out yet obviously. But some of the story I had planned for it will be altered for some of the on-going changes I make in Episode II. Surprises are instore for this one(not going to say what kinds)...and Yoda will at long last confront the Dark Lord himself...Darth Bane.

18. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

Did you know?

My story Betrayal was originally supposed to be eleven chapters. I had everything planned out, but now it's going to have a totally different ending.

19. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Found this thread buried fathoms deep...

*dusts thread*

Hmm...did you know, for instance, that 'Lotus Leaves' was originally meant to be a challenge entry in the Qui-Gon thread, and was about Obi-Wan dealing with the 'no attachment' rule? Also, it was supposed to be a one-poster. And was originally called 'Of Sunsets and Serenity.' Heh.

And in '...Elysia', Jesetta wasn't going to put in an appearance at all. :D

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    **cough**cough**cough** Wow, it's dusty in here.

Well, Princess_A, I was darn glad that Lotus Leaves was a little bit longer than that. And I'm glad Jesetta showed up!:D

My Broken Circle was supposed to be short and explain about Qui-Gon's broken nose but it kinda ran away from me and became something else.:p

And I wrote Committee Meeting because I wanted Mara to have a blaster with her on her wedding night. That was fun! I can so picture it.[face_batting]

Betrayal is really all about my job. :_|

21. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    >>>>**cough**cough**cough** Wow, it's dusty in here.>>>>

**Hands D a mask***

>>>Well, Princess_A, I was darn glad that Lotus Leaves was a little bit longer than that. And I'm glad Jesetta showed up!>>>>

:D Also, I was going to insert this looooooooong note about lotuses and 'Padma' (one of my given names), and all the rest of it - but eventually the word never made it into the fic. That was a good thing, I think.

>>>My Broken Circle was supposed to be short and explain about Qui-Gon's broken nose but it kinda ran away from me and became something else.>>>

LOL. They keep doing that - running away, I mean. I'm actually glad it did. That piece was marvelous. I wrote essays for that one! I also remember that you'd put in 'AU', and everyone (including self :p ) kept bugging you about it - and you had to go and edit it out. :)

>>>>And I wrote Committee Meeting because I wanted Mara to have a blaster with her on her wedding night. That was fun! I can so picture it.>>>>

[face_laugh] You and your blasters...I knew you were fond of Mara, but this...!
    You know, I'm rather glad Mara didn't end up the Jinn's daughter. :)

>>>Betrayal is really all about my job.>>>

'Let go of the past, my lady' - Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn. <The Master shoots a roguish look> 'And then we can go canoeing.'

What say? :D

22. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Heh, this is great. w00 for resurrecting funny threads.

My OC, Leiraya Moran, has a personality based on a running joke I had on the BioWare KOTOR boards. I kept on insisting that Carth's son, Dustil, instead of joining the Jedi, would run an organic fruit farm on Telos. I decided the fruit farm really needed some screen time. :p

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Ah, yes, Princess_A, the AU edit. :p Well, that will teach me to figure out exactly what AU means!

As for Jinn and canoeing... there's a plot bunny in there somewhere.[face_blush] :D

24. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, I had to post this, because the irony of it just kills me! So, I was reading some celtic stuff today and found out that Deirdre, which is where I got Deirdra's name from, not only means 'sorrow', which was my motivation for using it, but also means 'she who murmurs or chatters'. I think the only thing that's more ironic than me choosing this name for a mute charater is the fact that I didn't know! What are the odds of that, huh? :D

25. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    In my fic Dark Legacy, when I wrote the original synopsis, I had Anakin killing Dooku about half way through on Korriban. Also the ideas for Qui-Gon's encased soul and the sith artifacts that Obi-Wan used were from the illustrated , Dark Lord's of the Sith when Freedon Nadd entraps Exar Kun and Freedon Nadd Uprising where member's of the Krath find an artifact that allows them to read Sith text :-B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.