main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Die, Jacen Solo, Die! twisted stories about death and Jacen - 7/29 Thank you

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tahi, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alkibiades

Alkibiades Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2007
    You've not forgotten about this, have you?

Yours, Alkibiades

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    DarthBellumSolo
    Hey there - lovely to meet a new reader. Don't worry - I like Jacen, too; it's Caedus I have problems with. And I'm afraid I'm a big fan of really black humour - [face_devil] So any excuse really to write it and I'm off. LOL

Glad that these gave you a plot bunny. :) Thanks so much for reading.

Alkibiades
    Hi there. No I haven't forgotten - I've just been taken over by DRL lately. Many apologies for the delay - but I'll have another post as soon as I possibly can.

Thanks for the prod. :)

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Just a heads up to readers that the next story should be ready to post in a day or so. Just have a few wrinkles to iron out. ;) It's called: "Go with da flow." :D

4. Mousie

Mousie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    I can't wait, I need to laugh at Jacen again. :D

5. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    WOOT! Can't wait Tahi!!!

*hunkers down and waits expectantly!*

[face_good_luck] Irish

6. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    [face_dancing]

I predict Jacen will die this time by having an anvil fall on his head after rigging up some Wile E. Coyote-esque trap.

7. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    Tahi
    I understand.[face_thinking] In particular, your work has guided me at idea to write fic in the same spirit, but about other, very-very unloved my character[face_devil] (which hardly will kill in the near future, àòê that it is necessary to dream only8-} ). In any case - it was ridiculous.[face_laugh] By the way, and here I suspect, that more I love Caedus, rather than Jacen...[:D]

8. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Mousie
    I know the feeling!!! :D

Irish
    Thanks. :) I hope to post it later today.

Yoda
    :D An anvil! Now there's an idea. I had someone else suggest a ceiling fall on him - so there seems to be a theme here. Could it be we all just want to kill him? LOL

I love the Wile E. Coyote idea. ;) Meeep, meeeep

DarthBellumSolo
    That's cool you've been inspired to continue the death theme with another character. LOL Spread the love, that's my motto. [face_devil]

Ah, so you like old Caedus? He has his moments I guess. At least he's fun to ki- . . . I mean write. :D

Thanks so much for the responses, guys. Where would I be without you? [:D]

9. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Okay, here we go. Another twisted tale of death and Jacen.

This one is another alternate ending for Fury. :) I'd like to acknowledge Kidan's story Remembrances of the Past as the spark for this story. I'd been playing around with the flow-walking idea for a while, but Kidan's story spurred me into taking the ideas further.

Hope you enjoy it and aren't too offended by the black humour. :D

[b]Go with da flow[/b]

It was all becoming a little tedious, Darth Caedus ? former Jedi - decided, as he took Tahiri's arm for the umpteenth time in order to guide her into the current that would take them to the [i]Baanu Ras[/i]. Yes, he knew it was his fault to an extent that Tahiri had become so hooked on these little visits, and yes, he knew he needed her allegiance and support, now more than ever. But even so, there was a point at which it all became too much, and that point was rapidly approaching.

It reminded him in a strange way of a holodrama he had seen once about a man who was stuck in a kind of time eddy, where he kept waking to the same series of events every day. Eventually, of course, something miraculous happened to free him from this somewhat entropic state, and he got together with the girl of his dreams and woke the next day to a normal and progressive reality. The strange thing about the holo was that it was one of his brother's favourites. Odd because Anakin Solo was not the sort that you would think could ever be enticed to sit still long enough to watch something that was ostensibly a banal romance with a humdrum comedic ending. And with not even a speeder race or swooper fight in sight. Very, very odd, but there was never any accounting for taste; even when you thought you knew someone well, you could still be surprised.

But there were certainly no surprises here. Ho hum, no.

He turned his attention back to the scene slowly resolving out of the pitiless vacuum ? the cloning lab with its blocky gestation bins from which protruded the throbbing umbilicals he recognized as nutrient vines. How many times Tahiri would want to return to this vision of gloom was unknowable. How many times would she reach out to propel her younger self into Anakin's arms, so she could try and reassure herself that he died warm and cosy knowing she loved him? The possible answers to that were alarming.

The fact was that Caedus had begun to have doubts about the brilliance of his plan to ensnare Tahiri in his emotional net. It was beginning to become a burden. It had certainly become very boring. Even the fiery explosion of thermal grenades overhead wasn't enough of a distraction to keep him completely focused on the task, and he found his gaze wandering around the scene, noting some of the more interesting features. Tahiri's fifteen-year-old butt, for instance - very nice. One quality at least that hadn't deteriorated with time. Such a pity. Had Anakin lived, Caedus was sure that was something his brother would have enjoyed a lot, not to mention some of the other exquisite offerings Tahiri could have provided.

His gaze wandered away to the other side of the grashal and drifted over the sprawled bodies of dead Yuuzhan Vong, dismembered limbs and writhing amphistaves. He saw Anakin rise to his feet; and then a faint movement, like a brief scintillation of light, caught his attention and he felt a frown crease his forehead. There was something strange happening in the space to Anakin's left, something that, for reasons unknown, was making the hair on the back of Caedus's neck prickle. He squinted, and noted a curious shimmering effect, almost as if a column of air had been captured and locked into a kind of convection current ? perhaps as a result of the thermal grenades. A reasonable explanation, he thought, and yet somehow the anomaly seemed too localized, too contained. He watched in amazement as the shimmering dimmed into a blur, which then rose and floated sedatel

10. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    Tahi

What??? Continuation??? :eek:
    *The sensitive girl faints. Having come in itself*
    Thanks sighs. We esteem...[face_thinking]
    And can be, you esteem also mine...

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

11. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    I highly enjoyed that! Great post Tahi!

12. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    It serves him right for the what he put Tahiri through!

Another excellent death scene !

13. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    So Palpy threw him into a pocket dimension with Alema? Dang ... soon he shall have every STD known to Galactic medicine, and a few new ones. And A/T are in a Jacen-free universe, and aren't Jedi, also cool - unless they're ubersith.

14. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    DarthBellum Solo
    [hands Bel a nic cup of tea to revive her] I did warn you this was black humour. :D ;) No, I won't be continuing this particular story. Next time Caedus will die by alternate means.

Thanks for reading. :)

Kidan
    Glad you enjoyed it - and thanks for the spark to make me pull my ideas on flow-walking together. :)

mrjop2
    I agree - no death will ever make up for that. [face_devil] Glad you enjoyed it.

ZebulaNebula
    Yep - Palpy did just that. :)

And A/T are in a Jacen-free universe, and aren't Jedi, also cool - unless they're ubersith.
    I'll leave that one open to reader interpretation - remembering, of course, that maybe in this alternate reality Sith might be good. ;) Once you start playing with multi-verses - anything goes. LOL

Thanks guys. You rock. [:D]

Thanks also to those of you nominated this story in the awards. I got a huge surprise when I looked at the list. I'm incredibly lucky to have such lovely readers. :)

15. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    *dude!!!!!!*

Tahi, that was AWESOME!!!! Twisted and convuluted and crazy, but SWEET!!! I LOVE jacen's fate (appropriate!) AND palp's wanting to catch up on old times was priceless!!!!

Wonderful wonderful wonderful! I loved loved loved it! More more more more more!!!!! :p The evil muse is hungry.....[face_tonuge]

[face_good_luck] Irish

16. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Well, not quite a death, but something much, much better. At least for us and everyone else.

17. -DDR-

-DDR- Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2007
    Hey, Tahi, really like this twisted streak of yours. That 'family tree' story cracked me up with all the puns, the badder the better. :D And that last one was pretty satisfying, for us anyway, probably not for Jacen. But that makes it goooooood. I have to say I liked Exxar Kun, that guy rocks, and the barbecue joke about Vergere (I assume it's Vergere you're refering to) was :D
    Also thought the first story with Anakin taking over his ship was damn clever. Didn't see that one coming at all, but now it kinda makes weird sense. These are :cool:

18. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    New post! [face_dancing]

Tahi, you've got the wrong date for the update in the title bar [:D]

I'd like to acknowledge Kidan's story Remembrances of the Past as the spark for this story.

Great story! Kidan rawks :cool: Glad to see it inspiring more good fic.

Go with da flow

[face_thinking]

It reminded him in a strange way of a holodrama he had seen once about a man who was stuck in a kind of time eddy, where he kept waking to the same series of events every day. Eventually, of course, something miraculous happened to free him from this somewhat entropic state, and he got together with the girl of his dreams and woke the next day to a normal and progressive reality.

I love that movie :D

The strange thing about the holo was that it was one of his brother's favourites.

I have something in common with Anakin [face_dancing]

Wait, we're talking about Ground Hog Day, right?

he found his gaze wandering around the scene, noting some of the more interesting features. Tahiri's fifteen-year-old butt, for instance - very nice. One quality at least that hadn't deteriorated with time. Such a pity. Had Anakin lived, Caedus was sure that was something his brother would have enjoyed a lot, not to mention some of the other exquisite offerings Tahiri could have provided.

[face_laugh]

Jacen is perving on fifteen-year-olds now [face_shame_on_you]

There was something strange happening in the space to Anakin's left, something that, for reasons unknown, was making the hair on the back of Caedus's neck prickle. He squinted, and noted a curious shimmering effect, almost as if a column of air had been captured and locked into a kind of convection current ? perhaps as a result of the thermal grenades. A reasonable explanation, he thought, and yet somehow the anomaly seemed too localized, too contained. He watched in amazement as the shimmering dimmed into a blur, which then rose and floated sedately towards him completely unaffected by the flying shrapnel and thud bugs.

Hmm... [face_thinking]

"But . . . you're dead. Aren't you?"
    Tahiri leaned close to Caedus. "Is that who I think it is?" she mouthed.
    Caedus nodded dumbly.
    "From a certain point of view," Palpatine said sardonically in reply to Caedus's question.

:D

Caedus's frown deepened. "Flow-walking, you mean, er . . . sir, uh, I mean, my Lord?" He heard Tahiri's muffled snort beside him. It irked him that she seemed to be coping with this drastic turn of events better than him. But there again, she could be quite hard to read sometimes ? to the point of being inscrutable. If Anakin hadn't enjoyed puzzles so much it would surely have driven him mad.

Love this bit. Especially Tahiri's mocking snort.

The residual glow tinged Palpatine's skeletal features with a jaundiced sheen.

Terrific description =D=

Tahiri glared back at him, balefully at first but then more out of determination not to blink first. She lost. Palpatine had relinquished the need to blink decades ago.

:D

He gave up sleeping long before that, IIRC.

"Ah, yes, young Anakin," Palpatine nodded sagely. "Such a pity he died, wasn't it? Such potential, such vigour." He turned to Tahiri and reached out skeletal fingers to pat her shoulder. "You must miss him terribly, my dear."

You write a great Palpatine, Tahi :D I can just hear his feigned sympathy here.

"Ah, Kun, my friend," exclaimed Palpatine, as if meeting dead Sith in scenes of mayhem was something he did every day. "Got sick of the bickering, too, did you?"
    Exar Kun grunted, a sour expression distorting the contours of his once handsome face. "I tell you ? if that damn avian tries out any more of her kriffing paradoxes on me, I'm going to let Maul put her on the barbecue!"

[face_laugh] :_|

while Qel Droma will grab the sobbing one and flick her into the fast lane.

Surprised to see Ulic in Sith hell [face_thinking]

Palpatine?s expression took on a

19. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Hee, figures Jacen wouldn't be a fan of the GFFA version of Groundhog Day. :p Oh, I loved Palpatine reaming on Jacen for being a less than ideal Sith. I imagine he would be a bit of an embarrassment, considering how much dithering it takes for him to do anything. Can you imagine Jacen in Palpatine's place? The mind boggles. :p

And Jacen's fate? :eek: Wow, disturbing. Eesh. :p

Another great update. :D

20. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Tahi! You naughty thing, you! [face_laugh] =D=

21. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Well, I guess everyone is happy in this case (well, Jacen doesn't really count as a person, I guess).

That Palpatine Pellaeon conversation is begging to be written, Tahi.

So was Exar Kun entertaining Alema before this?

22. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Aside from the fact that I can't see Palpatine and Kun as having that much fun with a scheme, you've just come up with one of my favorite pieces in this little ensemble. I've sometimes wondered what Sith Lords do in the great beyond ...

And Jacen's fate? Priceless. [face_mischief]

23. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Eeeeesh. I had a huge reply to all these comments and then the stupid computer blanked the dialogue box! Why does it do that! My lunchtime is nearly over so I'll have to redo it all later. Sorry. But thank you everyone for the terrific feedback.

24. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006

[image=http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii66/kickmcgregor/Wile_E_Coyote_1.jpg]

[face_mischief]

I'll be back with review Master. ;) [:D]

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    "And we're bored," added Kun.

Phsssst, the reason behind everything! 8-} Boredom!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great stuff, Tahi. And excellent addition. :D

They awoke to the orange tinge that signalled dawn on Yavin 4, and lay luxuriating in the earthy glow ? two young lovers cocooned in a world of their own. In a universe of their own.

?I had a weird dream last night," Anakin said, pushing a wayward lock of brown hair out of his eyes. "I dreamed I had a brother called Jacen.?

Tahiri snorted and then giggled. "That?s nothing," she said. "I had a really funny dream."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah - this'll really crack you up. I dreamed we were Jedi."

And this ending was priceless! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.