main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends ~* Different Worlds :: A Tale from Alderaan *~ (Updated; Second Chapter Up)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RidingMyCarousel, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Different Worlds
    In a time where the galaxy is at peace, when all seems right, the battle of what is right and wrong still rages on. Perhaps not in the form of war, such as the events of the Great Sith War nearly two-thousand years ago; perhaps not in the form of a planetary rebellion. This timeless battle continues on forth in the very souls of the inhabitants of the galaxy. Two different inhabitants of the galaxy both begin to struggle for what is right and what isn't; they come from different worlds, different families and different upbringings. Can they find what is right for themselves and the galaxy?
    Waking Up

The air is thick. Moisture covers the lands like a blanket smothering a warm, heated bed. Underneath the blanket rests a few thousand citizens, rain, fields, and a civilization. The planet was in the middle of a warm, sticky summer. It approximately lasts for only 3 standard months, yet it feels like forever.

The multi colored fields of Alderaan flowed with the gusts of wind that came north from Aldera. The beautiful hues of green, yellow, orange and purple flowed together in such a form that it seemed as if they were schools of fish swimming through an endless sea. To the south and north were Alderaan's gardens; home to the famous field paintings that attracted most of Alderaan's inter-stellar traffic. To the east were the feeding grounds to the nerf; renowned food for the aristocratic in nearly every bipedal society in the galaxy. And to the west lay the beautiful indigo oceans that circled the planet and formed small little inlets.

And right next to me, thought Jenai Cal'das, is the most beautiful of all of the sites that this planet has to offer. She smiled and gently tugged on her husband's hand. Her golden red hair reflected the rich sunlight that landed all about Alderaan. Her curly locks of hair only helped accent her deep, green eyes. Her face was thin; narrow yet so soft and relaxing.

Jenai, a member of the Royal House of Aldera, was dressed in a simple white gown that moved with her body. She abandoned all of the royal jewelry that had been donned by queens and princesses for generations before her; instead, she wore one piece of jewelry: her wedding ring. The ring, composed of a jade stone and a silver band, matched her eyes perfectly. And that is why Raith Cal'das gave it to her.

Raith is a man of impeccable taste. At least in Jenai's eyes, anyways. He was never and will never be a member of any royal family, save by marriage. Jenai's family cannot stand him; "he's just a poor farmer's boy.. what would he know about ruling a planet?" her brothers would always ask. They teased her for her relentless pursuit of their relationship, although it had been forbidden by her father. Yes, father... King Maten Organa of the Royal House of Alderaan... Jenai thought. Yet, she slowly let the thought slip into oblivion as Raith wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead.

His sharp smile always brought peace inside Jenai. His dark, brown eyes accented his dusty brown hair. And his short yet strong build had brought on a lot of mocking comments in his life. Yet, he was stronger than any shaak. Once, when Raith's father was trapped under a broken landspeeder, Raith single handedly freed him. But, even stronger than his strength are his wits. Cal'das had always dreamed of leading a small cantina band, a community, a world; or perhaps even a civilization. He had no background of faith whatsoever, either; Jenai was a strong believer in the Force and the good that surrounds it and the Jedi. Whenever the two would discuss theology, Raith would end up mocking her playfully about her beliefs. Jenai had never actually seen a Jedi, yet there were allegedly so many in the galaxy. She even heard tales of Jedi Knights from Alderaan; she had never known more than that. Of course, at the end of every argument, a kiss made up for all of the damages done...

...and Jenai leaned ov

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Wahoo! I get the first reply!

3. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Pure James...

Good work, can't wait to see where you're going with it!

?Eaglet

4. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    "Pure James"?

Do I even want.. you know, nevermind.. :p

;)

5. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Great job, but that "Pure James" comment made me pee in my pants.

6. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Oy vey....James is now a writer too. :p ;)

Not too shabby, my young man. :p

7. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Not too bad Jamesy :D

8. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Very nice, I can't wait to see more :D ;)

9. The_Lady_THX

The_Lady_THX Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2003
    Very nice, but to me it almost seems like a Mary Sue, making the girl your deepest desire. And almost to many descriptors.

Princess Milo

10. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Thanks, everyone. :) [face_blush]

I try making the scene feel as if you can see it with your own eyes; I love description.

As for the love thing...
    You'll see when I post the next part. I don't like giving anything away, but you're yet to hear the story behind what's happened to these two.

:)

11. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Two years prior...

The Kaleidescope

Each planet revolves around a star. Each star is held together by the pressure inside of it; the gravity pulls the planets towards it. The balls of gas that are created perfectly have are in synch with the planets that revolve around them; they form a symbiotic relationship. The planets are held together, kept warm and allowed to bring forth life by the suns they orbit. The stars, in turn, are held together by the amount of pressure that the balls of rock place on it, Jenai thought. The princess of Alderaan, Jenai was just 17 years of age. She gazed outside of the viewport of her father's starship, the Amethyst Grace. Her father, Rethen Organa, was the head of the Royal House of Aldera. Not just any head of the house; my father is the King, she thought. She let out a deep sigh and continued to gaze at the patterns formed in the space beyond her.

She slowly moved from system to system, star by star. She looked for a single bright spot in the universe; no star stood out to her moreso than the next. Jenai placed the palm of her right hand against the viewport's glass. The cold from outer space reached her palm and slowly drifted up through her fingertips. It drifted from there to her wrist until she sharply pulled away. Jenai let out a sigh and began to think to herself; Perhaps there really is no bright center to the universe. Coruscant sure isn't the jewel to sparkle that my father made it out to be.. and home... Home is just a place with that name.

Jenai slowly paced her quarters. Her father had had the ship custom built so that she could have the largest personal viewport. Although her father didn't share her love for the stars and beyond, he was always there to give her what she wanted. She was an only child; the only that would ever be. Her mother had died when she was born. Her older brothers, Ricken and Cal always blamed her for the death of their beloved mother. Her father scolded them harshly for every word they said about the incident.

One time, Jenai had been at dinner with her mathematics tutor when her brothers began to tease her on her mother's death. She burst into tears and fled the room; as she did, she heard her father scolding and punishing her brothers. That night, she was visited by a scholar. He had come to visit Jenai; he bowed before her and explained to her the circumstances her mother had been in.

But that was so long ago, she thought. I can't even remember his name, let alone what he told me... I was just a child. Her father came in after the scholar that night and presented her with a gift. "Here, take it," he said as he handed her a leather bound piece of tubing. It was near four standard feet long. She had slowly unwrapped the piece and looked at it; it was a piece of silver tubing. "But not just any tubing; this was your mother's kaleidescope. She always cherished it and whenever she felt alone, she would look through it and see how truly beautiful the world can be." Jenai had only looked through it once that night; she lost herself in the arrays and spectrums presented forth to her when she placed her gentle hands around the object.

Whoever had programmed the instrument had built it to be sensitive to the beholder. If that person's skin were cold, it would show images to warm their heart. If they were wet, it would show dry images. It was created to help soothen her mother's pains throughout life. Pains that I'll never come to know... Pains that I don't know if I want to know, she thought.

On this particularly dreary day of space travel, Jenai sought out her mother's prized posession. Whenever she would have to come along with her father for diplomatic missions, she would bring it along and stuff it inside of her pillow case so that nobody would ever find it. Jenai cautiously walked over to her bed, as if people were watching her from the stars. She reached into her pillowcase and slowly pulled out the cylinder. It's cool silver body felt a

12. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Wow.

Man, I have to really stop and concentrate when I'm reading this, James. That's a good thing. :)

Can't wait to see more.

?Eaglet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.