main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Dinner with a visiting SW on May 24th at 7:30pm at Quaker Steak Concord

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hey folks!

My friend Duane will be visiting the area for the Coca Cola 600 later this month and wants to get together with as many fellow SW fans as possible.

We'll be meeting at the Quaker Steak and Lube in Concord AFTER the Nationwide race has started. Let me know if you can make it.

~Jada

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    bump . . . anyone?

3. MrEBeast

MrEBeast Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2007
    Jada,

Hi is totally crazy to try to dine ANYWHERE up this way on the Saturday before the race. I would suggest meeting elsewhere for the meet. I live in that area so I know well of what I speak.

Aaron

4. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Hey Aaron. Duane is coming to Charlotte to see the Coca Cola 600 and he will be staying in the area near the speedway. We figured it would be easier to meet him closer to where he is going to be than to try to make him drive to Uptown or the University area. We were near the speedway on the Saturday evening before the race last year at Concord Mills and the traffic was heavy but not horrible. I also suggested that people coming from out my way can carpool. That might make it easier on some people.

5. MrEBeast

MrEBeast Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2007
    [ We were near the speedway on the Saturday evening before the race last year at Concord Mills and the traffic was heavy but not horrible. I also suggested that people coming from out my way can carpool. That might make it easier on some people. [/quote]

I was only speaking in terms of it not only being Saturday night, but the immense amount of people in that area all trying to get into the same eateries.

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Here is the thing. Duane is coming in his camper from Upstate New York. So I have no problem traveling a little bit to get to him.

We are going to try to arrive early in order to get a table. Having a head count will help us.

7. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Yeah, from what I understand he will be camping out at the speedway.

8. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    You all missed a really good time and there was NO traffic whatsoever. We left at 5:30pm from our place and went "back roads" and arrived at 6:20pm. We had an hour to kill so I dropped TK-2970 and the Sithling off at Toys R Us and went to Ross and Linen n' Things.

Duane and his wife were awesome. We got to talk about Star Wars, other movies and NASCAR. Now that's a great dinner conversation! ;)

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/501st/0805240004.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.